Porsche Macan Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 3372 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
I’m lost at sea. I saw the Miraculous Ace on way to Davisville and due to arrive today.....
Although Vesselfinder shows a Davisville ETA of 8/4/18, MarineTraffic is showing 8/6/18 @ 04:30.

It could be that Vesselfinder is reporting when the ship tenders NOR (Notice of Readiness)....which is when the ship is sitting offshore (often at anchor) and is ready and awaiting clearance to berth. Whereas MarineTraffic is reporting the ETA dockside.
Shouldn't be much longer. Looking forward to hearing all about it when the time comes!

Reactions: TripleL and MDJAK

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
ship is in port. Now the wait for the truck to get it. I'm dying a slow death here, if anyone cares.
:D

Please don’t croak just yet! Your new love should get to the dealer soon ish. If you die a slow death who is going to give us a good laugh when we need it?

Here’s an early Congratulations on your new addition. Can’t wait to see pictures when you finally get it.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Is that the titanic? Or that vessel off that coast, you know the one, the one my wife calls the Cornucopia? :laugh:
I'd swing by the port tmo on my way to work and grab a picture for you expect for 2 reasons. 1) I'm still 100% sure what you bought and 2) with the white protective shrink wrap on all the cars they all look alike :D

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Car was released from the port after PDI. Dealer said it should be there in next couple of days. Of course, I'm off tomorrow, working Thursday and Friday, so hopefully Saturday.

Now to decide whether to do the PPF or not.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Website (Free) to find ETA for specific ship?

Marine Traffic.com does not seem to show this nor does Vessel Tracker.

I am tracking Rhea Leader which just went through the Panama Canal.
Originally it was scheduled to dock @ San Diego Port on 12-19-2018.
That is where it will offload my car.

B4 that it was scheduled to arrive Cristobal 12-12-2018 but arrived 1 day late, yesterday 12-13-2018.
So I assumed if 1 day late may arrive SD port 1 day late, 12-20-2018.

My SA told me his information is that it will arrive SD port 12-28-2018!

That is 9 days late.

How can I find what is the current ETA San Diego?

I tried
https://www.portofsandiego.org/maritime/mariner-resources
"Get Ship Schedule" But, it does not even list my ship!

FindShip website Shows Rhea Leader ETA 12-23-2018, 1:00, Dest: USNTD
That is Port Hueneme, CA, N of L.A!

Is it possible that my ship, RL, will go right by San Diego & stop @ Huename & then turn around & go back to San Diego Port?

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
....Is it possible that my ship, RL, will go right by San Diego & stop @ Huename & then turn around & go back to San Diego Port?
Yes, it's quite possible the ship will go direct to Pt Hueneme. These ships typically carry Porsche, Audi, VW (San Diego), BMW (Pt. Hueneme) and Mercedes (Los Angeles).....with Benicia as an additional port call in Northern California.

Depending on dock congestion and berth availability, the order in which your ship visits these ports can change along the way. Often the final order isn't determined until the last minute. If other ships are late for their scheduled San Diego docking and the dock is open when your ship arrives, it might go there first and defer Pt. Hueneme. Conversely, if the San Diego port is jam packed when your ship arrives, it may go up the coast to another port that's open.

The ship scheduler will try to minimize the amount of time the ship is sitting idle at anchor. Worst case is the ship traveling all the way up the coast before returning to San Diego. You'll just have to wait and see what happens as the the ship approaches San Diego. Keep checking the San Diego ship schedule (it's updated daily). When your ship finally shows-up on their schedule, that'll be your best indication of when your ship is likely to dock there.
We'll keep our fingers crossed for an early arrival for you. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
So,
This website is the only way to find the ETA of Rhea Leader?

https://www.portofsandiego.org/marit...iner-resources

So, far not showing up.

I wonder why the original ship schedule from Volkswagen that showed ETA Emden only showed RL going to San Diego? Maybe it only shows ports where Porsches are offloaded?

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
....This website is the only way to find the ETA of Rhea Leader?...
I don't know if the Port of San Diego website is the only one that can provide an ETA, but I believe it's the most reliable source. Your ship should appear on their schedule sometime in the coming week.

And yes, the VW ship schedule only shows port calls for their products.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
For 2 days the PDF schedule had been dated 12-13-2018.

They apparently do not update it daily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tracking Ships from Emden to USA

Does anyone know how to tract a ship from Port of Emden to USA without paying a subscription to a tracking service? The location of my enroute 2019 Macan S hasn't been updated since 6/12...and the websites I've visited require a paid subscription to a satellite tracking service.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Does anyone know how to tract a ship from Port of Emden to USA without paying a subscription to a tracking service? The location of my enroute 2019 Macan S hasn't been updated since 6/12...and the websites I've visited require a paid subscription to a satellite tracking service.
Try https://www.marinetraffic.com/

And here are a couple of threads, for instance, for your leisure-time reading on the subject:

- A one-pager on tracking, from 2016: https://www.macanforum.com/forum/australia/114049-tracking-vessel.html

- And there's a 336(!)-page thread, from 2014 - present: https://www.macanforum.com/forum/deliveries/3346-tracking-delivery-your-baby.html

Good hunting.

3341 - 3360 of 3372 Posts