Porsche Macan Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3381 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have a GTS on the Capricornus Leader and have been closely following the progress. As you point out, it is scheduled to arrive in Long Beach on the 19th. I believe that the current schedule shows that they will be offloaded at the Port of San Diego on the 21st.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So, after your ship reaches it's destination port, does it go into a proverbial "Black Hole". The Brasilia Highway docked in San Diego on 10/15/2017. I called the SA to get a status update and the one he sent me was the same as when the ship left Emden. I asked him to let me know of any status updates but haven't heard from him all week. I know it's just a job to these guys and they do this constantly, but wouldn't it be nice if they were even 1% as excited as we are as new Porsche owners and were a bit more engaged with their clients?

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
So, after your ship reaches it's destination port, does it go into a proverbial "Black Hole".....
As I understand it, the last update your SA can get is when the car is released from the port for transport. Once it's turned-over to the trucking company, there's no way to track its whereabouts, apparently.

At least for the Port of San Diego, it appears first priority is given to cars bound for the San Diego and L.A. area. Cars bound for longer haul destinations seem to linger before they get onto a truck.
Here's hoping your car finds its way onto an express truck.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Tracking your order from Emden

I am sure someone has mentioned this before but in case not.

I was able to get the name of the ship that is carrying my Macan from Germany to San Diego ( Got it from my sales rep). Once you have that you can do a google search on the transport ship name and it will show you an update every day of where it's at and expected ETA to your destination port.

Kind of adds a nice twist to the waiting process.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Pegasus Highway

The updated ETA is San Diego on the 22nd. Not sure how long it lingers there but my dealer is telling me they should have it on the 30th. I am guessing I will take delivery the first week of April.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Andy,

Where in Arizona are you? I live North Phoenix, Cave Creek North Scottsdale area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pegasus Highway

The updated ETA is San Diego on the 22nd. Not sure how long it lingers there but my dealer is telling me they should have it on the 30th. I am guessing I will take delivery the first week of April.
Our new cars are on the same ship. You have more info than I have. I've been tracking it, and it just passed the Panama Canal. Glad to hear an updated ETA. My dealership is definitely not customer service-oriented, and **** proud of it.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
From the schedule of my car there seems to be a wait in Emden. My Macan finished production on 3/9 and was in Emden on 3/12. It finally left Emden on 3/21 on the Dalian Highway. Now it’s about to dock in Halifax and there is a proposed date of arrival of 4/4 in Davisville. I haven’t heard from my dealer how long it’s supposed to be in Davisville yet so your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that I want it to be here and I want the weather to be good which is asking a lot for Central New York!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Ship Tracking?, next stop EMDEN for my MAcan

If your car has to cross an ocean to get to you, I believe this is a way to track delivery (taken from the pieces I could put together). It should work for US and Canada. Not sure what the Australian lines are.

Once your spec is firm, your dealer should give you a car build schedule. Find the date of the German exit from their port, probably Emden. You probably want to get an updated schedule as the date gets closer. Schedules can change and what you have in January could be different in a couple of months.

Go here. On the right side select your trade route (e.g., USA).

For USA and, I think, Canada, select VW Logistics

A PDF schedule will come up. Ask your dealer for the boat name. Look at the schedule column for the date that boat leaves the dock. For example, today it looks like the Gracious Ace leaves Emden 1/30 and docks in Halifax Canada and then RI. US west coast cars might go to Houston.

Go here. While the ship is near land, you can track it. Not sure how to track it in the open ocean because it uses a different system. There are also apps for smart phones that can track it.

Once the ship is back near land, you can track it until it docks.

Once PDI is done, you can start looking at all the car haulers on the road near you and hope you car is on one of them :)

I hope this helps somebody interested in tracking delivery of their car (which is different from tracking their car ;).

You can also just google this and find lots of entries where people tracked their delivery.
Grim (or anyone else) - your OP post is 4 years old - and seems to work - but is there a better link to use now (so I don't have to search thru 3300 posts)?
THANK YOU!

My Turbo/PP is "complete" V300, next stop EMDEN !!

·
Super Moderator
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,338
Grim (or anyone else) - your OP post is 4 years old - and seems to work - but is there a better link to use now (so I don't have to search thru 3300 posts)?
THANK YOU!

My Turbo/PP is "complete" V300, next stop EMDEN !!
Link is good
pick ur trade lane
looks like San Diego roro comes in May 22
pick VW export and the ships come up
Maritime traffic works too

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Link is good
pick ur trade lane
looks like San Diego roro comes in May 22
pick VW export and the ships come up
Maritime traffic works too
Thanks for the response GRIM !

I really WISH my Macan was on the San Diego boat, but my build/delivery schedule shows "(U014) entry Port Benicia" on June 22. But maybe I'll get lucky; and if I'm REALLY lucky, the car will have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires >:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered end of Feb and waiting until early June delivery for my GTS has been a struggle. I was excited..then I didn't care anymore...to finally getting excited again.. I just found out my ride is aboard the Adriatic Highway and left Port Emden on the 24th of April. Gonna check's Grimm's note about how to track.. It's starting to feel real now! woohoo.

Note: If someone should document the various phases a person goes through while waiting for their ride..-let them know -when they find out what ship it is on.-- it begins to feel real! woohoo.

3321 - 3340 of 3381 Posts