Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
@JoeInBucks tells me that the MFD is still displaying the rears reversed -- one side 3-4 PSIs lower than the other, but a real tire gauge shows the opposite-side situation back there -- despite his having set the MFD to different tires several times.

C'mon folks:

- Is there any other way to get the car to relearn, shake hands with, etc., the actual TPMS sensors, other than telling the MFD setting that you have a different set of tires on, and then switching back to the real tires in the settings?

- Is this resetting/relearning process something that can be forced via PIWIS or something like that?

- If not, are there some very specific conditions that must be met when resetting tires via the MFD (aside from, presumably, getting up to 15 MPH after each change of setting)?

These are directional tires we're talking about, so don't even think about telling him to swap the wheels. Surely there's a real expert in this area out there?!

·
Registered
665 Posts
@JoeInBucks tells me that the MFD is still displaying the rears reversed -- one side 3-4 PSIs lower than the other, but a real tire gauge shows the opposite-side situation back there -- despite his having set the MFD to different tires several times.

C'mon folks:

- Is there any other way to get the car to relearn, shake hands with, etc., the actual TPMS sensors, other than telling the MFD setting that you have a different set of tires on, and then switching back to the real tires in the settings?

- Is this resetting/relearning process something that can be forced via PIWIS or something like that?

- If not, are there some very specific conditions that must be met when resetting tires via the MFD (aside from, presumably, getting up to 15 MPH after each change of setting)?

These are directional tires we're talking about, so don't even think about telling him to swap the wheels. Surely there's a real expert in this area out there?!
Thanks wspollack. If my mind was working correctly I should have run this issue by the service agent earlier to day when I was picking up my summer wheels to get powder coated. As they took off all the sensors, it will be interesting to see if any of the readings are scrambled when I remount in the spring/summer.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts