Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up our new Macan 2 weeks ago after waiting 4 months for delivery. So far we love the vehicle but it's been in the dealers 3 times trying to fix the TPMS system to no avail. This morning the service coordinator told us that Porsche told them that they have to "retrain" the system and that it is happening on 3 2021's that they have.
Last week they told us that they need to replace all 4 sensors.
Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Picked up our new Macan 2 weeks ago after waiting 4 months for delivery. So far we love the vehicle but it's been in the dealers 3 times trying to fix the TPMS system to no avail. This morning the service coordinator told us that Porsche told them that they have to "retrain" the system and that it is happening on 3 2021's that they have.
Last week they told us that they need to replace all 4 sensors.
Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Thanks
Yes, there have been a spate of those TPMS problems, on recently delivered cars, on the forum in the last month or so. Here are a couple of threads that mention this sort of problem lately:

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
64 Posts
Yes, there have been a spate of those TPMS problems, on recently delivered cars, on the forum in the last month or so. Here are a couple of threads that mention this sort of problem lately:
Yep, mine too [post #90]:

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
4 Posts
Yes. Mine, too. But they fixed it before I left the dealer. It happened during the delivery process and asked them to take it back into the shop.

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
47 Posts
Same hear - happened literally driving off the lot. Took them 2 days to figure it out and they had to unplug and retrain the TPMS. Only came back 1x after that but seems to be ok for now. You’d think that Porsche would get this right considering what we spend for these cars !!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds like your dealer finally figured it out, but if not, have your dealer reach out to Porsche of North Houston or Porsche of Huntsville. Both know the correct procedure to fix this. No new parts required, took less than an hour on mine. This occurred back in December for some of us. I'm surprised, and disappointed, that Porsche hasn't corrected this. It's supposedly a "simple" problem with the software they use at the port when you car comes off the boat.

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
47 Posts
Sounds like your dealer finally figured it out, but if not, have your dealer reach out to Porsche of North Houston or Porsche of Huntsville. Both know the correct procedure to fix this. No new parts required, took less than an hour on mine. This occurred back in December for some of us. I'm surprised, and disappointed, that Porsche hasn't corrected this. It's supposedly a "simple" problem with the software they use at the port when you car comes off the boat.
Run Buh: Can you please expand on what you mean * It's supposedly a "simple" problem with the software they use at the port when you car comes off the boat*.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
550 Posts
Run Buh: Can you please expand on what you mean * It's supposedly a "simple" problem with the software they use at the port when you car comes off the boat*.
Thanks,
Steve
When you car comes off the boat, Porsche has a facility at the port where they PDI your car (Pre-Delivery Inspection). Part of that process is to (I think) take your car out of shipment mode and put it into Production Mode. That involves using the Porsche PDI software (hooking your car up to a computer). That's where the bug comes into play (according to what I was told - I truthfully have no idea what I'm talking about).

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
47 Posts
When you car comes off the boat, Porsche has a facility at the port where they PDI your car (Pre-Delivery Inspection). Part of that process is to (I think) take your car out of shipment mode and put it into Production Mode. That involves using the Porsche PDI software (hooking your car up to a computer). That's where the bug comes into play (according to what I was told - I truthfully have no idea what I'm talking about).

Ha, ha, ha, ha - your funny !!! Thou I must be honest your answer is a good one ! Seriously, thanks for the update and I appreciate the extra info. Your probably right, I guess !!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ha, ha, ha, ha - your funny !!! Thou I must be honest your answer is a good one ! Seriously, thanks for the update and I appreciate the extra info. Your probably right, I guess !!!
I do know that this has been documented by Porsche and dealers were emailed about it. If a dealer can't find the info, they can call either of the two dealers I mentioned earlier, and they will point them to the Porsche documentation about the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
47 Posts
I do know that this has been documented by Porsche and dealers were emailed about it. If a dealer can't find the info, they can call either of the two dealers I mentioned earlier, and they will point them to the Porsche documentation about the problem.
If it happens again I will bring it to their attention - thanks for the extra info !!!!

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
47 Posts
UPDATE - Good News !!!!!!!
It happened again and I just brought the Macan GTS back in today for service. They called me and told me that Porsche just released a "Campaign" for the TPMS on all the newer Macan's that they installed the incorrect Tire Pressure Sensors which was ORANGE. The correct sensors that should be installed are BLACK and they basically guaranteed the fix (as so they say). Just wanted to share this with all of you so I hope it helps.

·
Registered
550 Posts
UPDATE - Good News !!!!!!!
It happened again and I just brought the Macan GTS back in today for service. They called me and told me that Porsche just released a "Campaign" for the TPMS on all the newer Macan's that they installed the incorrect Tire Pressure Sensors which was ORANGE. The correct sensors that should be installed are BLACK and they basically guaranteed the fix (as so they say). Just wanted to share this with all of you so I hope it helps.
Hope this fixes your problem!!

I assume you have to take the tires off the rim to see determine orange versus black?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will be interesting to see if we get notified if the lis by Porsche... So far we have not had anyore issues with ours! Now if we could just get the Porsche Car Connect app to keep working 🤣

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, the third trip to the dealer fixed the TPMS on our Macan. They did some kind of software fix. Really no sense in asking the delivery driver so we didn't but, it's working. Replacing all 4 sensors never sounded reasonable to me as a fix. Glad they didn't do that.
On another note. I counted about 120 switches just in the driver's cockpit. Long gone are the days where you turned the key and put the vehicle in "drive"!!

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Macan GTS
47 Posts
Well, the third trip to the dealer fixed the TPMS on our Macan. They did some kind of software fix. Really no sense in asking the delivery driver so we didn't but, it's working. Replacing all 4 sensors never sounded reasonable to me as a fix. Glad they didn't do that.
On another note. I counted about 120 switches just in the driver's cockpit. Long gone are the days where you turned the key and put the vehicle in "drive"!!
Glad its fix - now you can enjoy the ride without any minor gliches !! Mine was fixed last week and haven't had any issues. Agree, good ol' days are gone with a turn of a key and simplicity !!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts