Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe you still need a brake controller, I don't think this was changed with the slight model refresh. See below:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Need a brake controller.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you for the insight, now I just need to figure out what brake controller that won't be an eye soar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get a wireless brake controller. Nothing to mount in the car. You mount it to the trailer. Works fantastic and allows you to switch cars with your trailer and just plug in wireless remote into lighter. I tow a Cayman track car with my Macan GTS and is works great.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Seems like it was something like $600 when I ordered the car model year 2018. It came prewired and modified suspension. For all you folks out there who are designing your cars, get the hitch whether you will use it or not. The second item is get the el cheapo luggage retainer package.

·
Registered
60 Posts
More food for thought that I'm looking for opinions, I just talked to my SA (who tows frequently and races cars etc). He was hesitant with towing on the Macan and having brakes with a single axle trailer. He had a great point that if one wheel (on the trailer) was braking and the other wheel didn't brake at the same pressure, it would fish tail pretty hard.

Has anyone experienced this? He did say this was common a number of years ago on trailers he had back in the day.

Currently I'm looking at PJ trailers or some 'cheaper' "Rugged Trailer" that brakes would be put on after the fact.

Update 2: Just realized the PJ trailer is nearly 1800lb! by itself! With a UTV on it with gear, it would surpass the towing capacity of the Macan.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts