Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 118 Posts
No point in leaving the tow ball on the vehicle just driving around. And if I take pictures of the car, I prefer the clean look with a block off plate. I've never thought to myself.....**** the car looks good with that greasy rusted tow ball.

If I drag the trailer up North in a week or two, Ill grab a photo.
While I no longer pull horse trailers or motorcycle trailers, I occasionally pull a U Haul and I have a 5 x 10 flatbed utility trailer that I pull with my current SUV to take the place of a pickup bed when I need to haul stuff. Hopefully I will try out the pulling capabilities of the Macan before the end of the year and hook up to the utility trailer. But, even this country boy will likely never be able to see my Macan hooked up to a U Haul! Obviously, I ordered a hitch in order to pull a trailer. But I could see getting one of those ice chest or box haulers that is basically a platform mounted onto the hitch for those rare times when I need more room.

Hi TxTommy. I think it is SOP on the forum to remind people when there are many threads and other discussions that cover a question. I don't think it is meant to be rude by most. Just trying to not be repetitive and actually I think part of the rules. I have only been on here since July and I think there is a natural overlap at times but I need reminding from time to time to search out some of the stuff. I have enjoyed your participation to date but I may be biased because I like your name!
:laugh: Thanks but you might be surprised that my name has less to do with where I live than one of the many other meanings of tx. I have had that nickname longer than I have lived in Texas.

:laugh: Thanks but you might be surprised that my name has less to do with where I live than one of the many other meanings of tx. I have had that nickname longer than I have lived in Texas.
Haha. That is funny. I did not assume that you lived in Texas until I picked that up on one of your previous posts.

Some great photos there from a seldom seen angle.
Outstanding pics of the underbody including the trailer hitch set up. I had not seen this link before. Thanks for posting it.

He is being crusty today, isn't he ? :crying:
@Wintermute Not really. The forum rules do explictly discuss this in multiple locations and repeated over and over.

But honestly, the issue is the weak search implementation on this forum. Now, I'm not complaining per se, as the forum is either free or a mimimal donation.

But a better search implementation would go a long way to helping people find what they are looking for. I NEVER search from within the site, as it is nearly pointless.

I use Google to scrape the site and generate useful information.

If people would simply type "term I want to search for" inurl:macanforum.com on Google they would be so much more successful.

Sorry if I offended you by asking a question. I had done a few searches and had come up only with photos that were dark and difficult to view or showed the non-US retractable hitch. Thanks.
@txtommy Nothing personal, just trying to improve your results by showing you several examples to start wide, and narrow down to what you want.

Reactions: RJMcInnis
[MENTION=1122]

But honestly, the issue is the weak search implementation on this forum.

But a better search implementation would go a long way to helping people find what they are looking for.
That's assuming that people will do a search first before posting.;)

But yes, even if one does a search, it's sometimes difficult to find what one is looking for.

That's assuming that people will do a search first before posting.;)

But yes, even if one does a search, it's sometimes difficult to find what one is looking for.
@gordog I was trying to be polite. But experience shows that most just post new questions without searching first...

Well now I'm royally confused. Is this just a typo that made it through the 2015-2016 transition? Or are they going back to their original towing capacity in earnest? What does mean for 2015 models? Oh, I'm sooo confused! What to do, what to do? Oh yeah, I don't have a trailer so why am I freaking?

That has always been the rating for the EU spec Macan's.

Good news if it's certain. I am planning on getting a boat and trailer in a couple of years and the extra towing capacity will give me some more leeway.

Confusing. I ask the dealer today. He gave me a number around 3,500 lbs. Sounds a lot better than 1,700 lb I saw some place. The small trailer at UHual is close to 1,000 lb empty.

I also put on a Rocky Mount TieRod forked mounted bike rack on the Porsche Bar today. It looked like it will work, alleluia! Thule said they don't have anything for this cross bar.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.