Porsche Macan Forum banner

Towing Capacity

71K views 117 replies 51 participants last post by  wwahl 
Sorry if I offended you by asking a question. I had done a few searches and had come up only with photos that were dark and difficult to view or showed the non-US retractable hitch. Thanks.
Hi TxTommy. I think it is SOP on the forum to remind people when there are many threads and other discussions that cover a question. I don't think it is meant to be rude by most. Just trying to not be repetitive and actually I think part of the rules. I have only been on here since July and I think there is a natural overlap at times but I need reminding from time to time to search out some of the stuff. I have enjoyed your participation to date but I may be biased because I like your name!

No point in leaving the tow ball on the vehicle just driving around. And if I take pictures of the car, I prefer the clean look with a block off plate. I've never thought to myself.....**** the car looks good with that greasy rusted tow ball.

If I drag the trailer up North in a week or two, Ill grab a photo.
While I no longer pull horse trailers or motorcycle trailers, I occasionally pull a U Haul and I have a 5 x 10 flatbed utility trailer that I pull with my current SUV to take the place of a pickup bed when I need to haul stuff. Hopefully I will try out the pulling capabilities of the Macan before the end of the year and hook up to the utility trailer. But, even this country boy will likely never be able to see my Macan hooked up to a U Haul! Obviously, I ordered a hitch in order to pull a trailer. But I could see getting one of those ice chest or box haulers that is basically a platform mounted onto the hitch for those rare times when I need more room.

:laugh: Thanks but you might be surprised that my name has less to do with where I live than one of the many other meanings of tx. I have had that nickname longer than I have lived in Texas.
Haha. That is funny. I did not assume that you lived in Texas until I picked that up on one of your previous posts.

Some great photos there from a seldom seen angle.
Outstanding pics of the underbody including the trailer hitch set up. I had not seen this link before. Thanks for posting it.

While I no longer pull horse trailers or motorcycle trailers, I occasionally pull a U Haul and I have a 5 x 10 flatbed utility trailer that I pull with my current SUV to take the place of a pickup bed when I need to haul stuff. Hopefully I will try out the pulling capabilities of the Macan before the end of the year and hook up to the utility trailer. But, even this country boy will likely never be able to see my Macan hooked up to a U Haul! Obviously, I ordered a hitch in order to pull a trailer. But I could see getting one of those ice chest or box haulers that is basically a platform mounted onto the hitch for those rare times when I need more room.
See my post #19 and the picture below. Never say never!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.