Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
584 Posts
Weirdly enough, I tried that as well. Same problem. I just hope no one who gets easily car sick rides with me! lol.
Were you able to fix your sway issue?

I will be towing my RZR 4 seat this Spring with my Macan. I had a quick suggestion if you hadn't got it fixed. I was going to make sure you had your tires inflated properly for towing vs regular driving.

Also, having done quite a lot of research into those small single axle trailers, you probably have it maxed out with your 4 seater when you add accessories and fuel in your tank.

More food for thought, you need a way to raise the rear of your Macan to bring your geometry back into spec. I use to have a FJ Cruiser that I could put airbags like below inside the steel springs, and pump them up to get my rear end back level with a trailer on it.

A maxed out trailer plus a semi sagging rear end on a vehicle is definitely a recipe for swaying.

Liquid Red Gas Cylinder Tints and shades

Note: I don't see any of these airbags for a Macan but I'd be interested to see if they have them for the equivalent VW model suv.

Sorry for any unsolicited advise but I got towing on my mind heading into the Spring here soon, headed to the great outdoors!

·
Registered
584 Posts
"What does your Macan Driver's manual state for towing Tongue weight/Drawbar weight?".......That was the title of a new thread/post that got moved here instead but didnt get transferred with the title. .....thanks for reply. Yes, like you, the reasons for the whole tongue weight discrepancy seems to be a bit fuzzy and I have also come across the ""strict 55mph towing speed" in Europe and generally 5% (not 10%) of tow capacity.

My concern was/is if the manual states something that relates to vehicle capacity like a 210lb tongue/drawbar weight then it would be foolish to exceed it.IF on the other hand, manuals for the same Macan have different specs in different countries then one assumes it is a geopolitcal/local variance and not a strict engineering tolerance.

The 2015 Aussie manual spec of 210 lb also may just reflect a European standard that got translated into English for Australia?

Australia like N.America has higher towing speeds (60mph mainly) and most seem to recommend the 10 - 15% tongue weight.

Also, Are North Americans and Aussies (and Europeans/UK) actually towing up to the maximum towing capacity with whatever tongue weight?

So, I am interested whether N.American Macans come with a Drivers manual which specifies tongue weight (drawbar) of 210 or 440 lb ?

Thanks again
Here is what my digital manual says for MY22 GTS, etc..:
Font Number Pattern Parallel Monochrome

·
Registered
584 Posts
I’m interested in this thread as well, and using base for a 320-S. hitch is going on in a few weeks, and looking for some kind of wireless (or no wire cutting) solution.
Either way you go with a Curt Brand wireless or wired you will NOT have to cut into anything. There is a thread on here that will detail all the parts you need and where to plug into under the dash for you trailer brake controller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts