Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently took delivery of a CPO '15 Macan S in the CA high desert area (Palmdale) and we weren't sure if it could make it back to Northern CA on a single tank of gas. Well, we drove straight from Palmdale to Woodland, CA (around 390 miles per Google Maps), and still had another 50mi of range left as per the MFD. Midday drive, light wind, cruising between 80 and 85mph and temps between 40 and 55. The car's display was telling us we were doing around 25mpg, which seems reasonable.

Originally I thought the Macan would have far less range than our previous Q5 Hybrid, but it only seems like about 40 miles less than the Q5H's total range. Usually from socal to norcal seems to be a bit better on MPG (more downhill maybe?) but we're delighted we don't have to make a rest stop during these covid times.

I've seen a few other reports of low MPG here, just wanted to share our experience.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I suspect that some of the reports of “low MPG” are from driving styles. I get lower MPG because I drive it like I stole it.
Glad you’re enjoying your Macan S!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I suspect that some of the reports of “low MPG” are from driving styles. I get lower MPG because I drive it like I stole it.
Glad you’re enjoying your Macan S!
Me too! 17mpg is a good day when you lay into the boost like a maniac.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I regularly drive my Turbo between Phoenix and LA (380 miles) on a single tank. Average ~23 mpg at an average speed of ~80 mph.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My around-town mileage hasn’t been stellar! Based on that I was expecting to hit 23mpg or below for steady state cruising. Is the turbo supposed to have worse highway mpg than the s?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think you guys are driving it wrong. I have 15mpg here in new england. And that' not from traffic. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think you guys are driving it wrong. I have 15mpg here in new england. And that' not from traffic. :D
Wait...so you get 15 mpg while cruising on the freeway at 80 mph?? I can't even fathom how that's possible.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am getting nowhere near "decent" milage like 16-20 MPG. But.... my driving these days is very short trips. No chance to settle in. I usually get around 12.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Doesn’t sound healthy

I agree.. but at least for now, absent any trips of any length, I am willing to blame it on those short duration trips to the grocery store and back.

·
Premium Member
2021 Macan GTS
98 Posts
We have had our '21 Macan GTS for about a month and have averaged 18.2 in city, and today drove 105 highway miles and saw 23.7. We only have 613 miles and have not exceeded 3.5k rpms. Trying the slow break-in, but it's agonizing. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree.. but at least for now, absent any trips of any length, I am willing to blame it on those short duration trips to the grocery store and back.
...with the pedal mashed to the floor the entire (short) duration? :p

We have had our '21 Macan GTS for about a month and have averaged 18.2 in city, and today drove 105 highway miles and saw 23.7. We only have 613 miles and have not exceeded 3.5k rpms. Trying the slow break-in, but it's agonizing. Lol
that'll feel good when you finally open 'er up, eh? I wonder if your MPG will go up or down after some break-in...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I still think you guys drive cars wrong. :D I just got 2020 Macan base loaner and it gets 17.9mpg on the highway. Still an improvement over 15mpg on macan S.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Best I ever did was 25 mpg once traveling thru CA on flat ground at 55mph what a drag. Reality is average 18.9 highway and around town with 85 mph freeway runs in AZ. Of course I can lower that by activating Sports Mode To the 15mpg range true mileage.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I started a discussion 2 or 3 weeks ago titled: Gen2 Gas Mileage Improvement...., but it didn't generate any interest, so I'll post here, fwiw. I have just over 1k miles on my '21 GTS, and have refilled 4 times. I'm averaging 18.5 mpg in around town driving, no highway trips yet. This is a full 2+ mpg better than my '17GTS, in what I consider the same driving; same volunteer trips, same stores, same booze runs :ROFLMAO:. I seldom rev over 4k rpm around town, but typically didn't with my '17 either. This is also significantly better than my wife gets with her '15 S, but of course, who knows how she drives when I'm not around.:eek: Anyway, it's a pleasant surprise; I'm anxious for my first road trip to see if the improvement holds there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts