Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Their usefulness is subjective, as is the importance one assigns to the look of their car. No need to call it shallow.

I had ACC on my last VAG car and hated it. I wasn't able to test the surround view as no 22s were available when I had to lock my build. If the cameras are the same setup as the 22 SQ5, then they are useless when they matter most, i.e. they can't see a concrete post once it's less than a foot from the back corner.
Can anyone attest to this comment about surround you being useless if there’s a concrete post within a foot of the back corner?

· Registered
285 Posts
If I might chime in here, flat lands with long straight roads are not the ACC’s strong point either. The ACC fails regularly without warning (up to 4 to 5 times in 250 kms). Porsche Canada confirms this is a problem with ACC on the prairies.
I find this hard to believe. That comment makes it sound so broken?

· Registered
226 Posts
Can anyone attest to this comment about surround you being useless if there’s a concrete post within a foot of the back corner?
That comment is total bull. The surround view on my 2023 GTS works perfectly...it shows what's behind you, to the side and even gives an aerial, above you view which shows absolutely everything. I actually own a '23 GTS....so you can trust my comments! 😊

· Registered
285 Posts
That comment is total bull***t. The surround view on my 2023 GTS works perfectly...it shows what's behind you, to the side and even gives an aerial, above you view which shows absolutely everything. I actually own a '23 GTS....so you can trust my comments! 😊
I trust you. You can confirm that if there’s a concrete post within a foot of your back corner that your surround you will see it?

· Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux PPUQ7NL7
428 Posts
That comment is total bull***t.... I actually own a '23 GTS....so you can trust my comments! 😊
If you reread my comment, I clearly said "IF it's like the 22 SQ5." I have driven the SQ5 extensively and could show you the problem if I still had that car but I don't. I assure you, that's the way the Audi system is but I have no access to a 22+ macan to verify and wasn't willing to option it sight unseen.

· Registered
678 Posts
I find this hard to believe. That comment makes it sound so broken?
It is if you live where I do.

When it fails as one passes a semi on a divided highway while being followed very closely by a guy in a pickup could be a dangerous situation, as the car slows unexpectedly.

Or when it consistently fails when passing under certain (only one) power line, even when the ACC system is not engaged. This one is not dangerous as at least it is consistent and can be anticipated.

It seems to work just fine once you get into the foothills and mountains. Also seems ok in heavy traffic.

· Premium Member
4,641 Posts
It is if you live where I do.

When it fails as one passes a semi on a divided highway while being followed very closely by a guy in a pickup could be a dangerous situation, as the car slows unexpectedly.

Or when it consistently fails when passing under certain (only one) power line, even when the ACC system is not engaged. This one is not dangerous as at least it is consistent and can be anticipated.

It seems to work just fine once you get into the foothills and mountains. Also seems ok in heavy traffic.
I have experienced none of these problems. Snow on the globe has been my only difficulty. They should design a heating element for that situation.

· Banned
192 Posts
Yeah, the grille doesn't work well on the Macan GTS, but nothing about that Alfa works. Round holes in the wheels juxtaposed with all those random angles up front = blechh.

I dislike the GTS grille but not badly enough to keep me from buying one, if I were in the market. The Alfa would need different wheels at a minimum.
Admittedly Alfa is a slave to its heritage grille shape, but it is infinitely better than the mess that Macan owners are struggling to defend. The adults in Torino didn't mess with 3 different grille patterns in the same car or leave plastic unfinished, they didn't resort to gimmicks from the latest issue of Korean Design Copier Magazine, but they were confident enough to let form define the space instead of holes and textures.

Perhaps you like a more modern look? This has the goth black lipstick around all the openings too:

· Registered
714 Posts
I trust you. You can confirm that if there’s a concrete post within a foot of your back corner that your surround you will see it?
I assume the surround view is no different to my 2018 which is brilliant so don’t know where the negativity comes from
Yes you would see a post , I can see the kerb edge to the rear in aerial view when parking rear to kerb no problem

· Registered
331 Posts
I also don't see that many people defending the GTS grille. I've pointed out that it's not about making the current generation look good, it's about paving the way for the upcoming EV generation which will necessarily look even duller. I stand by that assessment.

Design isn't always about winning whatever beauty contest is being held today. The 95B.3 front end is a great example IMHO.

Still... that Alfa just plain ain't right.

· Registered
226 Posts
I also don't see that many people defending the GTS grille.
I'm very happy to defend the new GTS grille. I actually own a '23 GTS so know what I'm talking about...I haven't just looked at a few photos on the internet. I genuinely love the looks of the new face lifted Macan GTS. Most of the people criticising and complaining about the new front end are just envious because they can't afford to actually buy one. 😊

· Registered
615 Posts
Most of the people criticising and complaining about the new front end are just envious because they can't afford to actually buy one. 😊
I don't think that is the case at all, plus it sounds like a pretty smug thing to say. I am assuming most people on this forum can afford a Macan. Even if they can't, it doesn't discredit their opinion of the front bumper. Some will like it and some won't. It's not that big of a deal.

Mr. Wolfe

· Registered
226 Posts
I don't think that is the case at all, plus it sounds like a pretty smug thing to say. I am assuming most people on this forum can afford a Macan. Even if they can't, it doesn't discredit their opinion of the front bumper. Some will like it and some won't. It's not that big of a deal.

Mr. Wolfe
I just think that most people on this forum that are hating on the new GTS grille can only afford a base or old shape Macan...but that's just my opinion, not smug and certainly no big deal. 😉

· Registered
4,526 Posts
That new lip looks hideous like the Macan was kissed by a bee or took a botox injection. Agree that ordering a dark color makes it less visible.

Reactions: roule

· Banned
192 Posts
This same style of discussion came up when the rear light bar was introduced with polarising views. You dont hear anything about it anymore
Everyone is entitled to their view about the grille but there is obviously enough people that like it to cause a waiting list
Still looks dodgy to me. Is there some reason that y'all think it's good for Porsche to revert from distinctive muscular styling towards cheap copycat cute ute jellybean design?

61 - 80 of 90 Posts