Porsche Macan Forum banner

Took Cayenne in for servicing and fell in love

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Opt1k 
#1 ·
About a year ago was getting a second key programmed for my 08 Cayenne S at the stealer. They had nothing but problems and needed to keep it for two weeks as new keys were made and shipped. The loaner was, you guessed it, a Macan base, loaded with the Premium package, lane assist, panoramic roof, leather, and PASM, to name a few. One drive in it was an OMG experience. What a riot of a crossover, with good power is Sport, capable cornering, super interior and sexy exterior. I was smitten after a week. After two I was in love. Sad hearted I returned the Macan and drove the Cayenne for a year, while memories of the Macan started eating away at me. Why am I driving this pig, when I could be driving something akin to a sports car?

So sold the yesterday Cayenne, and found a low mileage 17 S in Chicago which originally came from a California. The Macan is being shipped and should be here (Seattle) Monday. There will be a few restless nights between now and then. Can’t freakin wait.

#6 ·
Congrats on your new addition. Hopefully the days and nights will fly by fast for you and you will be in your new Macan soon. Can’t wait to see pictures once you finally get her.

Reactions: ///Bruce
#9 ·
@Ricky Rocket I know what your talking about. I do like the Cayenne but have never driven an older model. I have been given Cayenne loaners when having my 2015S serviced and the newer base Cayenne are pretty gutless. When you get the S add the Cobb tune to see the real difference.

#10 · (Edited)
The list of mods is growing fast. Cobb tune, Pedal Commander, new intales and filters and metal diverter valves.

It has 36K miles and is still under warranty. Will have to get the fuel pump recall sorted, and get extended Porsche warranty doc for the transfer case.

Will have my Indy Porsche shop go through the whole thing before I take it to the stealer to fix anything they find and the recall item.

#11 ·
About a year ago was getting a second key programmed for my 08 Cayenne S at the stealer. They had nothing but problems and needed to keep it for two weeks as new keys were made and shipped. The loaner was, you guessed it, a Macan base, loaded with the Premium package, lane assist, panoramic roof, leather, and PASM, to name a few. One drive in it was an OMG experience. What a riot of a crossover, with good power is Sport, capable cornering, super interior and sexy exterior. I was smitten after a week. After two I was in love. Sad hearted I returned the Macan and drove the Cayenne for a year, while memories of the Macan started eating away at me. Why am I driving this pig, when I could be driving something akin to a sports car?

So sold the yesterday Cayenne, and found a low mileage 17 S in Chicago which originally came from a California. The Macan is being shipped and should be here (Seattle) Monday. There will be a few restless nights between now and then. Can’t freakin wait.
Restless nights? Or perhaps sleepless in Seattle? Ha ha, couldn’t resist. Welcome and good luck with your Macan.

#12 ·
Ha! Was supposed to be delivered today. Got four hours sleep last night. Medicated myself liberally with alcohol and it still didn’t help. Just informed it wont be delivered until tomorrow. Back to the wine and single malt tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.