Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
For the OP, looks like the Michelin Latitude Sport 3 is available in N-spec in a 265/45R20 + 295/40R20 staggered fitment. Along with some P-Zeros (I personally haven't had good experiences with P-zeros on other vehicles though). With that said, non N-spec tires will not affect warranty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Right. And not a lot of options for N-spec tires for the Macan. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is an option but only 20,000 miles warranty since they are Summer tires (1/2 if rear is different size which they are). So quite expensive for tires with 10,000 miles warranty.
You can simply look up your vehicle on tirerack.com, and it'll show all your options.

If you want more performance, you will have reduced tread life. Gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You can simply look up your vehicle on tirerack.com, and it'll show all your options.

If you want more performance, you will have reduced tread life. Gotta pay to play.
Understood but the Pilot 4S have better tread life than that and it’s a Summer UHP too at 30K tread life. Don’t think they are n-spec for Macan though. I’ve looked on Tire Rack, Costco, and America’s/Discount Tire. Not lots of options for n-spec. If that is not needed I will go with the Pirelli Zero All Season Plus. They seem to have very good ratings and performance. I have only taken the car to the snow once and prefer to have that option (or just rent a car when I go to Tahoe).

·
Registered
44 Posts
At 21k and with spring arriving, I sadly put my oem 20” Verdes out of my misery and replaced with non “N” rated oem size Scorpion All Season Plus. The Verdes wore evenly and all had 5-6/32 remaining (oh the inhumanity) but literally could no longer stand the noise at all speeds. These AS+ physically look a wee bit wider. What an improvement! These are not summer performance tires but turn in, ride and lack of noise have dramatically changed for the better. I suspect mpg may suffer a little but if my memory hasn’t faltered, these are a noticeable improvement over the Verdes even when “new”.

·
Registered
424 Posts
At 21k and with spring arriving, I sadly put my oem 20” Verdes out of my misery and replaced with non “N” rated oem size Scorpion All Season Plus. The Verdes wore evenly and all had 5-6/32 remaining (oh the inhumanity) but literally could no longer stand the noise at all speeds. These AS+ physically look a wee bit wider. What an improvement! These are not summer performance tires but turn in, ride and lack of noise have dramatically changed for the better. I suspect mpg may suffer a little but if my memory hasn’t faltered, these are a noticeable improvement over the Verdes even when “new”.
how long have you had the Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S+? They are top of the list for me right now: good reviews, tread wear, price, and more on the UHP side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how long have you had the Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S+? They are top of the list for me right now: good reviews, tread wear, price, and more on the UHP side.
Only have maybe 100 miles (ty C-19) on them so will give update Later, but initially quite (also quiet) happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve run the 21” Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S+ tires for the last 2 winters. I probably have 10k miles on them. The tires have been great for wear and are quiet. They are fine in snow but I don’t like them on icy roads. I had a set of P Zero’s that I have run in the summer and while I’m sure there is a difference, I don’t find it that noticeable.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts