Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
The above statement, which strongly suggests not to use a Porsche Dealer's Service Department for replacement tires because of premium prices, is not supported in my experience....
By all means, shop around for the specific tires you want. If Porsche dealer offers them for a fair price, why not?

BTW, Will Porsche sell you road hazard warranty (Like Discount Tire & other tire shops will) or only the way overpriced wheel & tire insurance? Most drivers damage tires far more often than rims.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Alignment is a repair, not some sort of maintenance item. The car should be precisely aligned when it ships. It shouldn’t change unless you hit something pretty hard. If that had happened, you’d remember it. Of course by now the dealer is justified in suspecting/assuming you hit something. Don’t take it personally. Your best next move is to have a good tire store look at it.
That is interesting that a alignment is considered a repair, I did not know that. No I definitely did not hit anything. The new dealer did say that the car had to much toe and camber so it was corrected. The dealer also said that the car met spec so nothing was damaged. I can say now driving my Macon S with the new tires it feels like a new car. My Macon S never felt like it does. now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Alignment is a repair, not some sort of maintenance item. The car should be precisely aligned when it ships. It shouldn’t change unless you hit something pretty hard. If that had happened, you’d remember it. Of course by now the dealer is justified in suspecting/assuming you hit something. Don’t take it personally. Your best next move is to have a good tire store look at it.
I have never done an alignment in 40000 miles.

Do you need to take the Macan to some kind of special place to do an alignment?

Or is it ok to do it like other cars in a normal place like lets say, Firestone, Tire Kingdom etc ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Macan turbo has the original Michelin 20" All-seasons with 49k miles on them, not at wear bars. I picked it up with 40k miles as a CPO purchase. The original owner must have been incredibly gentle on them or used different set of wheels/tires for winter. Not sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If they are wanting to help they'll say the tires have prematurely worn because of a bad batch of rubber and here's a set of tires. If that doesn't happen the range of excuses from the dealer will be wide and varied. First thing thought will be, "someone drive the sheet out of these soft tires and they can't take that abuse. Need to switch to a harder summer tire." Enjoy..

·
Registered
3 Posts
For my last service of my 2016 Macan Turbo with 22,000 miles I was told that I need new tires. But what I see on the tread depth report is that front are at 3/32 or less and rear are at 4/32 - 6/32. On A/S tires (Pirelli Scorpio 20" wheel), mostly city commuting, are the front tires more prone to wear out faster than the rear?

·
Registered
149 Posts
For my last service of my 2016 Macan Turbo with 22,000 miles I was told that I need new tires. But what I see on the tread depth report is that front are at 3/32 or less and rear are at 4/32 - 6/32. On A/S tires (Pirelli Scorpio 20" wheel), mostly city commuting, are the front tires more prone to wear out faster than the rear?
With a front engine car most of the weight will be over the front wheels.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The 21 inch OEM Conti summers on my Turbo lasted a bit more than 20k miles. Probably would have been able to get 25k if I was willing to push them to the wear bars. My car is lowered and I do enjoy pushing the car hard on off and on ramps and other turns often.

When the summer tires go back on the car this Spring I'm planning to try the Atturos that so many forum members have been raving about.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
My Macan S rear tires wear out faster than the front ones, not by a lot. I only run summer tires and my driving style is quite aggressively (per my wife LOL).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I'm looking for Porsche owners who have bought their cars through an authorized dealer for a 1:1 45-minute interview.

The requisites are:
  • Live in Canada
  • Between 18 and 50 years old
  • Have bought their car from an authorized dealer in the past two years.

If you qualify and are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. You'll be compensated!

Thanks so much,

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi! I'm looking for Porsche owners who have bought their cars through an authorized dealer for a 1:1 45-minute interview.

The requisites are:
  • Live in Canada
  • Between 18 and 50 years old
  • Have bought their car from an authorized dealer in the past two years.

If you qualify and are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. You'll be compensated!

Thanks so much,
Sure, just message me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Does it count if I’m an American that purchased my Macan in from a dealer in Ontario, Canada, and fit the target demographic?

Edit: I do not live in Canada, so I would imagine I don’t match your criteria

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wondering,
At what mileage have you needed to replace your tires (2019 S driven conservatively)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just wondering,
At what mileage have you needed to replace your tires (2019 S driven conservatively)
Well, I see that you're in (mostly) sunny and warm FL, so this may not apply to you. That is, you might want to stipulate, as I'm guessing, that you're talking about summer tires.

In any event, and in case you're not just wondering about summer tires, in your former state of NY, on an '18 S, often driven conservatively, sometimes driven like a maniac, here's a report:

- Stock N0 Continental all-seasons replaced after 21,649 miles on them (replaced with N0 Michelins A/S, to try something else).

- N0 Pirelli Winter Scorpions replaced (with the same thing) after 18,682 miles on them.

In both cases, the replaced sets had about 4/32" of tread left, which is somewhat conservative, i.e., early, in terms of tire replacement (but is also what TireRack recommends, in some testing articles they have on this subject).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am at 38K and I had to replace the original fronts around 28-30k but that was because of an alignment issue prematurely wearing out the front set. Rears probably need to be replaced soon, I would say in the next 2-3k. Note I have the Continental tires (235/55-19 fronts and 255/50-19 in the rear). Southern California, my daily commute was 3-10 miles one way, all surface streets. Didn’t use the car for too many long road trips though the occasional jaunt here and there, plus a few off-road situations.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts