Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the early adopters are probably getting up there in mileage and I know there was concern of typical Porsche tire wear with 15k change outs. So post up if you've had to change out tires yet.....or are high mileage and still have good tread depth.

I'm currently at 18,300 miles, 20" Spyders with All-season tires, run through the winter. I should be able to get about 24,000 miles out of them based on wear to date. Maybe more.

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
In theory, A/S tires last ~25k miles and summer tires last 10-15k miles depending how your drive.

·
Registered
694 Posts
This is a good thread. I'm interested in the results. I find it hard to believe that the summers are good for only 10,000 - 15,000 miles. Maybe a poll should be considered that owners can answer as they replace their summers due to wear identifying at what mileage. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
Summer tires are usually good for 25k miles. However for Porsche, it is more like 10-15k. This is all anecdotal experience from Porsche owners.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Like jzwu said, it all depends on how you drive. For example, I had a set of summer tires with treadwear of 120 (supposedly lasts about 12,000 miles), ended up getting over 30,000 miles.

A heavy right foot will definitely shorten the life of the treads, that's for sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ran Michelin Pilot Sports on my M3 (lighter car) and would typically get 10-12,000 miles on my rear tires and 18-20,000 on my front tires. I suspect that this car will wear the summer tires about the same. Agree that the style of driving can greatly affect tread wear.>:D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Any ideas on what brand lasts longer? GB
Hard to beat the Michelin Latitudes. On my Acura MDX (19" size) they still have good tread left after 48,000 miles. On our Macan (20") I expect they will be good to at least 60,000 as I'm running separate winter wheels/tires from mid-November to mid-March.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Not sure why, but on my former VW Touareg V8, AS tires lasted about 20k at best. It seemed to eat tires for breakfast.

I've only just turned 4,000 miles yesterday so I've got a ways to go.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Any ideas on what brand lasts longer? GB

I guess it depends on driving habits and conditions . I drove my ML like I stole it and had Pirelli Scorpion , 20x 295/45 front an rear and they were 28k and counting . Hope I get at least half+ with current 20" Summer tires .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Terra33

·
Registered
729 Posts
a question to all those that may have an S with the Michelin's about how many miles before i would have to replace my tires
have about 17K plus on mine are they good for at least say 25K ? or 40 K?
just curious as being i own this as not leasing other then a defective tire or bad puncture have not had to replace tires in a very long time
as always i look to this forum thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
FWIW, I have 41k miles on my Macan. I drive around 6-7 months out if the year on my winter tires. I made it through three winters and decided to get new ones this year as they were getting worn, though might have made it through part of the season. My all seasons are still good for another season. So maybe about 20k miles for winters and maybe 27k or so for the all seasons.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
So far 30000 miles planning on getting 40000 on my Michelin all season.I do rotate these left to right every 10000 miles as they are not directional. Car is MY 15 Macan S. Also the car hasn’t been tracked but driven aggressive and not babied. I have run 20k at full load pressure and 10k at partial load. Tires are wearing evenly show another 10 k shouldn’t be a problem.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I have 27k on my Michelins with very little wear. I do not rotate them either. Even wear all around. I should get near 40k out of them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have 21k on mine. Just had them checked and Discount Tire said a little less than half worn, should be good for another 15-20k. Some fun in the twisties but for the most part non-aggressive miles.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
I have 25K on my Michelin's and they are looking good. Might get 40K out of them but I'll probably change them out in about 10K miles.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Summer tires go much faster . I average 15K on the Macan .
That is what I am expecting for my Macan with 21in summer tires and interesting that is roughly what I get for 911 too. However the all season tires will likely get 40K Miles.

John

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
That is what I am expecting for my Macan with 21in summer tires and interesting that is roughly what I get for 911 too. However the all season tires will likely get 40K Miles.

John
My 911 cars vary . It's usually two sets of rears to one front in the non AWD cars .
The range over the years has been huge where the least I got was 6500 miles and the most was 13K on rears . Michelin seem to be the best overall in every category on both cars . The least I got were on Pirelli and Bridgestone . Conti's are somewhere in the middle but i have this theory that they are (flat tire) nail magnets . My service adviser laughs at the theory and thinks a nail does not discriminate between a Michelin or a Conti but my anecdotal evidence seems to counter that logic.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts