Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
17 Macan S, Midnight blue, DTS ChipTune throttle control
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, the gas pedal needs to be removed from its mounted position in order to install the after market pedal control module. I did a dry run removal and replacement before delivery of my PedalBox and discovered something helpful. The mounting screw is located up under the dash on the left of the pedal. Laying on the floorboard to access all this adds to the challenge, and it is difficult to use the right hand to control the ratchet while the left hand crosses over to push the pedal back up into place. So I used a strip of duct tape to hold the pedal in place and that freed my right hand to manage the ratchet. However, the screw kept also falling off the T30 Torx bit (I believe the screw is non-magnetic) so I put a dab of grease on the head and that was enough to keep the screw from falling off as I aligned it with the hole and ratcheted it back into place.The tape and small dab of grease made it all work.

I hope this is helpful to you if you plan a similar mod. And if you have any other tips or advice, I'd enjoy hearing about it.

Registered
2017 Macan Turbo
Great tips, thanks for sharing and I'll give this a try if I have to remove my pedal commander in the future. It was a tight fit for me and while removing the pedal assembly was easy, the reinstallation was a pain in the butt for all the reasons you mentioned. My shoulders briefly got stuck for a moment doing the arm crossover move and I was not a happy camper 馃槵 I'll definitely try your method next time.

Reactions: russscott

Registered
17 Macan S, Midnight blue, DTS ChipTune throttle control
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly! It's a tight fit and hard to move on that floorboard.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts