Porsche Macan Forum banner

Side Marker Lights!

54K views 224 replies 96 participants last post by  Mleibrock 
#1 ·
I did my first 'mod' today. Installed the Suncoast tinted side marker lenses/lights. I think they look great and 'match' the look of my GTS perfectly!!

Install wasn't horribly, but not as easy as on my 911. Some patience is in order as well as pulling the inner felt fender liner out some made it a bit easier.

Onto the pics!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the club! I absolutely love it, especially on a white car.
Absolutely had to do it myself back when I saw the option of smoked markers since there's so many black accents on the car.

#3 ·
Smoked looks so much better.

#5 ·
Pop them out again and make sure you pushed the connectors on all the way. I had the issue too and when I pushed the connectors on all the way it went away. Like me you may have thought you pushed it on enough but didn't.

#8 ·
I got mine from Flat6 here however it looks like smoked aren't available right now.
You can email them and ask when they would be available, they run out of stock fairly quick it seems like.

Reactions: thom
#12 ·
I need a pair of smoked ones but they are not available either on Suncoast and Flat6 web sites. What happened?

#16 ·
I can vouch for the Autotecknik ones, just installed the smoked ones over the weekend to match my Volcano Grey GTS. Look amazing.

#32 · (Edited)
I agree, white sticks out a little too much for my taste and looks like something the street kids did in the 90s with all those cars.
Smoked looks more stealth closer to what oem could have been, especially with the GTS models.
That being said his clear ones do look ok with the silver rims and the front driving lights at a slight 3/4 angle... in the end decide I guess the decision on side markers ends up being if you want people to notice them or not. I'm in the camp of subtlety, there's better parts of the car to bring attention to.