Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had thought I'd decided on Night Blue Metallic but then I saw a Macan in Chalk yesterday and thought it looked great. Any thoughts on this color and specifically thoughts on configuring this color - particularly black vs chrome window trim, roof rails etc?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I haven't seen one in person, but every time somebody posts a picture of one on here they look so good, to the point where if I were to be getting another Porsche I'd be looking for one in that color.
I tend to like darker trims on cars versus chrome as chrome feels cheap and gives me Honda vibes.

But I think many will tell you that color is a personal choice.
There's somebody on the forums asking around about green with red interior, some say looks like a watermelon and others say it looks unique. Get what you like and what you will enjoy looking at every day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...But I think many will tell you that color is a personal choice.
There's somebody on the forums asking around about green with red interior, some say looks like a watermelon and others say it looks unique. Get what you like and what you will enjoy looking at every day.
Funny... and true.

And I tend to think that black trim looks cheap! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think it's a great color. I have seen several, 911's in Chalk and recently a Macan. Depends on whether you want a traditional color or something a little different. Goes great with black or bourdeaux interior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a great color. I have seen several, 911's in Chalk and recently a Macan. Depends on whether you want a traditional color or something a little different. Goes great with black or bourdeaux interior.
I'm going with espresso leather - think it would be great with that too

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love chalk. If I bought one today I think I'd get chalk with red seats. I've had so many cars with black trim that got cloudy and dull as it aged so I've chosen bright trim lately. Not an issue if you get a new car every year. Porsche's trim is not chrome, it's a satin aluminum finish that I think looks great.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Whew !
How do help somebody w/ their color ???

I say chrome detracts from the color - just me maybe

Chalk w/ the beige would be good

Personally, I have Midnight Blue and love it... w/ beige

Each to his own
Go to a dealer and park them side by side
Shouldn't take long for you to decide

·
Registered
58 Posts
Chalk configuration

I had thought I'd decided on Night Blue Metallic but then I saw a Macan in Chalk yesterday and thought it looked great. Any thoughts on this color and specifically thoughts on configuring this color - particularly black vs chrome window trim, roof rails etc?
Chalk is a great color. We configured our car with that car: PKBDYYR6 We will be picking up our car on August 22 from the Porsche Experience Center in LA. Then we can post some actual photos.
You definitely need the black window trim. A black roof rails too. We also got the black door handles and black sport tailpipes. We didn't think we needed to go the gloss black side blades or LED headlights in black, as the side blades and headlights are already black.
Now the question will be: what interior leather will you go with? We went with agate gray. Some have gone with Carmen Red and black, but a bit too bold for us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chalk is a great color. We configured our car with that car: PKBDYYR6 We will be picking up our car on August 22 from the Porsche Experience Center in LA. Then we can post some actual photos.
You definitely need the black window trim. A black roof rails too. We also got the black door handles and black sport tailpipes. We didn't think we needed to go the gloss black side blades or LED headlights in black, as the side blades and headlights are already black.
Now the question will be: what interior leather will you go with? We went with agate gray. Some have gone with Carmen Red and black, but a bit too bold for us.
Nice build, thanks. I will get the espresso leather.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I was somewhat of a trouble maker when in grade school. Had a teacher that didn't like me so I was frequently punished. Guess what the punishment was? Cleaning chalk from the erasers, the board, and the chalk holders. I love the color chalk!

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
I was somewhat of a trouble maker when in grade school. Had a teacher that didn't like me so I was frequently punished. Guess what the punishment was? Cleaning chalk from the erasers, the board, and the chalk holders. I love the color chalk!
PUNISHMENT?? When I was a kid, we begged to be chosen to clean the erasers. But we got to leave class, go down 2 flights of stairs, to a tiny room where there was a cool machine, which was basically a vacuum with a bag and you’d turn it on and rub the eraser back and forth to suck the dust out. Loved doing that.

As for chalk, I used to love it. Then someone likened it to the color or concrete, as in sidewalks, and I cooled to it. Still look at it, but it’s no longer unique. Even Hyundai uses that color as do others, and they don’t charge thousands for it.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I can't decide whether I like Chalk or not. In some lights it's really sharp. In others, it looks like primer to me. I wouldn't order & pay extra for chalk, but I miiiight take a car in that color if it fit on every other front.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not a white or gray fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I think chalk looks killer on all current P car products

·
Registered
224 Posts
I say get it, and if you don't like it, just "chalk" it up to experience....:D:D:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am in the minority, I guess. Chalk (Overseas they call it crayon) looks horrible to me, vs the colors you can select instead.

I am reminded of that beige-y color of Computers in the 1990s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I get the computer and undercoat references. It was only when I saw an actual car in Chalk that I really liked it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts