Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
There's Power Steering Plus, which is software.

Search the forum for additional information. Essentially it lightens the steering effort
at high speeds. My Macan doesn't have it and the steering is just fine at all speeds.

I'd read that US models have it included by default. Since mine came from Canada (where
it's an option), it's lacking the PSP.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I thought it lightens the effort at LOW speeds. Am I incorrect?
correct - it lightens the steering at low speeds.

BTW I have it in my Macan S And I’m not fond of it. I’m actually thinking of having it disabled. Read post #3 in this thread.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Macan GTS .2

Listing the .2 GTS update for reference.

Engine
  • Twin-turbocharged V6 2.9L 375hp / 383 lb-ft (detuned .2 Turbo engine)
Performance
  • Top speed: 261km/h / 163.1mph
Power Transmission
  • Final Drive Ratio FA 4.13 vs (3.88 .1 GTS)
  • Final Drive Ratio RA 4.67 vs (4.40 .1 GTS)
Dimension / Weight
  • Length: 184.5"
  • Width (with exterior mirrors): 76.2" (82.6")
  • Height: 63.0" vs (64.0" other Macan variant)
  • Wheelbase: 110.6"
  • Front Track: 65.0" vs (65.2" .2 S, 64.8" .2 Turbo)
  • Rear Track: 65.3" vs (65.0" .2 S, 65.2" .2 Turbo)
  • Curb weight: 4,370 lb

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just got my slot for Aug delivery. We're keeping the 2015 S. So I'll write a review here after I've compared them side by side. Maybe not a fair comparison since the model years don't match but will try to adjust for that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Na, im still not convinced. Simply and intake and exhaust will put S in the GTS hp territory. Coilovers or lowering link will make S handle just as well as GTS, if not better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So you think you can build a better car than Porsche? Personally I doubt it
But even if you do resale will not be the same
Never said i could.......😅😅😅😅😅Anywho, i plan to keep mine long term. Thus, I'll modify mine to perform better than the GTS, if not, close to Turbo territory.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Alex, I applaud you for digging out this info. What you discovered is how PAG adds HP, the old fashioned way. Unlike chipping, they just don’t turn up the boost but gave it a more radical cam, increased the breathing, modify the exhaust, modified the pistons to handle the boost, and modified the PDK. This is the inherent flaw with getting cheap HP with chips. This increase is the same fundamental approach they use with the X51 kit for a 911. They make power the old fashioned way: increase breathing, more radical cam, polish the heads, and exhaust.

Good job in digging this out.

But I got to take exception to your base Carrera vs GT3 analogy. Sorry, not even close. If you can’t tell the difference in daily driving between the two, there is something really wrong with the driver. Just a “few” examples:

A. The tires. The GT3 comes with R compounds unsuited for rain and can be dangerous below 45. At 20 they can crack. The Carrera has normal street production tires

B. The suspension is radically different. You can corner balance the GT3. A base Carrera rear spring rate is 45nm. A SPASM S is 108nm. I don’t know the GT3 number but the bushings are even harder. Yes, you will notice this.

C. The GT3 wheels are center locks requiring 443 ft to break. Good luck with that.

D. A GT3 is much lower requiring a front axle lift to be reasonable on the street. You will rip the front end off with a low break over angle. Imagine every time you turn into anything with an angle you need to raise the front end.

E. A 3.4 Carrera engine wails. A GT3 engine screams with a 9,000 rpm redline. Absolutely NO comparison. Yes, you will notice this. Its hard not to.

F. The PDK is PDK-S, not regular PDK

In other words, you WILL know the difference driving to MdDonalds (not to mention the huge wing so you can’t see all that good out the back :eek:)

But I get your point. Good job. :)
9k to McDonalds......all is good in the world.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts