Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Macan Turbo has 21K miles and is in perfect shape . If its a 6-8 month wait I consider the next . Thus far I have said no. Then I looked at trade in values and with all my options its 83K or so. (Kbb average) . I built a modest new one at 89 - 95K . It's harder to go lower than higher.

My last car sold 20K more than I traded it in two weeks . Despite 60K miles it was such a great buy. Unlike me without warranty anymore the new guy got it CPO . He has had no issues it with it . I don't know him but understand he's local and everyone at the shop knows my cars .

The Pros =
New Car , full warranty, no miles, fresh everything .

The Cons -
I just dropped a pile of money on my last car and the market volatility has me pausing . With no discounts and such its premium cost. Plus I just waited a year for a car and it was stressful.This is a lot cheaper so takes the edge off. a bit.

Anyone with 20 our 21 care thinking like this ?

The new car would be very similar to my current car with a few modern spices (some good , some so so , none bad)

So I pause .. the cons are heavy weight . It nervier makes sense BTW .

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh .. BTW .. I posted it in critique but my build will be modest . Its my 6th Macan . Colors are up in the air ,,, night blue, dolomite , white , volcano. Options are in line with eveytung I have said for 8 years . Want Vs need boil down to GTS package vs Leather. Race Tex roof liner (standard on my Turbo but not really a must) . Pano roof (wife likes . I dont like) . Like;y would get it.

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly was going to suggest that you of all people should get a new Macan GTS. I vote that you should order one 😀
An 8 percent discount and three months wait would be the shove I need . Thats not happening . The last year was tough . I never followed boats before . Cars sank and other cars got loose on two boats that travelled in the near timeline as mine . Even getting the slot and the overall tension was tough. Thew 911 market was brutal and even though the Macan is less extreme I am worn out from it . I see some oguys got worn by the Macan even .

So.. Here's a middle ground build .. Tempted the GTS Package it The Porsche Code

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS. I would pick the chalk GTS interior stitch but already have it in my 911 . I like the Carmine on night blue too though . Its a lot more than just leather .

·
Premium Member
2022 Macan S
107 Posts
It's easier to urge people to spend their money as opposed to when it's your own. Not easy to determine what your car might be worth in a year, but I don't think the market will change to the point it will go back to where it was not too long ago. It's conceivable that it will be worth close to today's retail value. And you'll be driving your very nice Macan while waiting for a new one. I'm sure you have a feel for what the net difference will be. For me, that's what I would base my decision on. You're already bouncing around different color and interior options, so it seems you're leaning that way.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
One of my great pleasures in life is succumbing to the temptation offered by new cars. If you swap right, costs reach acceptable levels.

I am a month into my new S, following a 9 month wait, the last thing in my mind is flipping again, I am having too much fun learning this car.

Although that message configurator for the 8 Series convertible is getting some experience.......

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's easier to urge people to spend their money as opposed to when it's your own. Not easy to determine what your car might be worth in a year, but I don't think the market will change to the point it will go back to where it was not too long ago. It's conceivable that it will be worth close to today's retail value. And you'll be driving your very nice Macan while waiting for a new one. I'm sure you have a feel for what the net difference will be. For me, that's what I would base my decision on. You're already bouncing around different color and interior options, so it seems you're leaning that way.
It would be a lot easier to spend my own money if I didn't just drop a. pile of it a month ago. Its not just the money though . The entire ordering ordeal and wait was not at all the typical . When you read the tracking delivery thread you can even see with the Macan that there is a post Porsche emotional wash out from the ordeal. This isn't the good old days of plucking a nice option car off the lot .

So its mixed sentiment and a purchase like this needs a little momentum to roll .

·
Premium Member
2022 Macan S
107 Posts
It would be a lot easier to spend my own money if I didn't just drop a. pile of it a month ago. Its not just the money though . The entire ordering ordeal and wait was not at all the typical . When you read the tracking delivery thread you can even see with the Macan that there is a post Porsche emotional wash out from the ordeal. This isn't the good old days of plucking a nice option car off the lot .

So its mixed sentiment and a purchase like this needs a little momentum to roll .
At least you're not under the gun. When I placed the order for my S it was early January and the wait should have been 4 months. Wasn't thrilled about it, but I still had my old 911 for excitement. Then everything changed and now it's going on 7 months of waiting. I've had to step up my self medication.

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
531 Posts
An 8 percent discount and three months wait would be the shove I need . Thats not happening . The last year was tough . I never followed boats before . Cars sank and other cars got loose on two boats that travelled in the near timeline as mine . Even getting the slot and the overall tension was tough. Thew 911 market was brutal and even though the Macan is less extreme I am worn out from it . I see some oguys got worn by the Macan even .

So.. Here's a middle ground build .. Tempted the GTS Package it The Porsche Code
I love this build! Pure driving setup, no frills.

The great thing is if you did decide to order the Macan you won’t have to care as much since you already have your dream 911 GTS and the Macan Turbo, and the Turbo I’m sure is immaculate. Sounds like your easiest wait yet to me 🤓

As the person above mentioned, it’s different when it’s not your money but my only advice to that is, anyone could die tomorrow, do what makes you happy. 😀

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Not quite analogous, but...I'm trading our '21 MB GLA45 AMG with 5k+ miles for a '22 Macan GTS, due early July. GLA is fun to drive, but way too many annoyances. My build is Night Blue over Pebble/Black with Sport Design wheels in high-gloss black. The wheels have silver facing which looks awesome with the NB (and waaay easier to clean than black Spyders!). Other equipment is the same as my '21 GTS. Paid just under msrp before the recent price increase. MB is bringing high trade values now, but we'll see in July.

Reactions: 95B3.6

·
Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
1,817 Posts
See if your dealer will work with you. My local dealer lets me order a car with $1000 deposit, fully refundable at any time...if it arrives and I change my mind, I get the $1000 back. The only caveat is that I order an easily saleable car.... I also got 2% off on my 22 S.

a lot depends on trade in or sales value of your current car at the time the new one arrives. Values may plummet..or keep rising...so the money back option makes sense. Talk to your dealer....

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
56 Posts
None of you guys live in California right? As far as I can tell flipping in CA is really annoying because the tax you pay for your new car is based on its full price, not the difference between your new car and your old car, like some other states.

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
None of you guys live in California right? As far as I can tell flipping in CA is really annoying because the tax you pay for your new car is based on its full price, not the difference between your new car and your old car, like some other states.
California lacks the tax credit if traded in . The dealership wins though . To sell it privately a person has to meet 7 percent more than the trade just to break even . For example my last car traded for 90K . I would have to make more than 97 if ptrievtely sold . If I listed it at 1109 and sold it at 105 its pennies and a hassle / In contrast they CPO' it and listed ut at 114 . Thats 24K above my trade a nd they got close if not the entire deal .

Everyone gets something -
1) I get convenience and a tax credit
2) dealership gets profit and a ,local buyer extending with service
3) the new owner gets a CPO and a car that was well cared for . Had my car not been cared for it would have gone straight to auction .

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See if your dealer will work with you. My local dealer lets me order a car with $1000 deposit, fully refundable at any time...if it arrives and I change my mind, I get the $1000 back. The only caveat is that I order an easily saleable car.... I also got 2% off on my 22 S.

a lot depends on trade in or sales value of your current car at the time the new one arrives. Values may plummet..or keep rising...so the money back option makes sense. Talk to your dealer....
I always give 2500 and never have a. problem . When they gave me the 911 slot they had a printout of every car I bought there and the amount I spent .They have always come through for me .I know that some ing other states are paying 35K over for a 911 GTS and as high as 10 percent overran a Macan GTS . My dealership wont charge an ADM but in a shortage the person who gets the limited slot is usually a preferred or VIP customer .

1 - 20 of 122 Posts