Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd go for two baby ibex instead of one adult. Probably cheaper and would fit easier.
I agree two younger ibex (which by the way are called atten) would not only be a better fit, but would also match the saddle brown interior better. Those with the agate grey/pebble interior should (only briefly) consider a larger male, but the downside is his horns are MUCH larger, and he supposedly becomes rather ornery in mating season.

Attachments

Reactions: Hokie and grim

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I agree two younger ibex (which by the way are called atten) would not only be a better fit, but would also match the saddle brown interior better. Those with the agate grey/pebble interior should (only briefly) consider a larger male, but the downside is his horns are MUCH larger, and he supposedly becomes rather ornery in mating season.
Yeah, besides nobody really wants a horny Ibex in the back of your car! :p

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
And make sure you use the "load" position on the AS. It can minimize the damage the Ibex can cause when he scrambles into the car. ;)
And more importantly, limit damage to the Ibex.:D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yeah, besides nobody really wants a horny Ibex in the back of your car! :p
So 1., Don't haul him in the spring, and 2., Always use the Genuine Porsche Cargo Management System, no inferior after-market products. And remember, Ibex spelled backwards is xebi. That's all you need to know.

·
Super Moderator
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I have amended the first post concerning doing your due diligence when buying your Macan. Far to often I am reading "But my old (fill-in the blank) car did (whatever)". Get over it. Your new car might not. Additionally, of late there seems to be some buyers remorse simply because due diligence as not done. In other words, not enough research was done. I understand that there are a lot of options and new acronyms. Its a good idea to find out what they really do.

Note: This is NOT targeted to anyone or any thread. Its just an observation of some recent posts.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thank goodness for this forum. Even with (or maybe because of) its occasional detours, it provides a lot of information from multiple opinion-holders, all of which helps potential buyers to do their MF-ing due diligence! >:D (MF = Macan Forum, of course!)

·
Super Moderator
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Since there seems to be a lot of new buyers recently, maybe prompted by the GTS, and @santastico asked some reasonable questions, I've added to the first post to address (IMO) his valid questions.

·
Registered
203 Posts
New Macan Owners

8. Expect to learn far more about detailing than you ever wanted to know.
This is sooooo true! Very clever post!!
Don’t be surprised if you become a regular reader of the detailing forums and suddenly find yourself with hundreds of dollars of products you never heard of before. Suddenly, that wax you bought at the local auto store and used on all your other cars will no longer be good enough. You’ll find yourself reading about glazes, synthetics, carnaubas, orbital polishers, wheel wax, microfiber, etc. and find you don’t own anywhere near enough products. Have fun explaining to the significant other why you need to drop another $500 on supplies. Car washes? Ha ha, too funny. That’s not going to happen. You thought you had the weekend to yourself? NO, it will take the weekend to detail the car. Get on a first name basis with clay bar.

And oh yes, why not just drop a couple of hundred and let some detailing place take care of it? Seriously? :eek: Sure, you are going to let someone else touch your baby? I don't think so.

Reactions: fritz

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. Porsches attract “clustering”

Especially when new, you might tend to park far away from others in public lots. It won’t matter how far you park from others. When you collect your car, someone will be parked next to it. It could be an expensive vehicle, in which case it’s known as “clustering”. They figure you will respect their car as they respect yours. No door dings there. It could be a beater. You can figure out what that is called.
Rest of parking lot was no where near full, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Thank goodness for this forum. Even with (or maybe because of) its occasional detours, it provides a lot of information from multiple opinion-holders, all of which helps potential buyers to do their MF-ing due diligence! >:D (MF = Macan Forum, of course!)
MF - of course. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
So grateful to forum and advice

When we began our excellent adventure and signed up for MF, we found @grim's checklist. We printed off and pretty much followed it. When we picked up car, we used checklist.

Fast forward. When we met with other Macan owner last night we were swapping stories a d I asked her how she liked it. She said they forgot navigation system and she and dealer were not in agreement how to resolve. I asked her if she had the sheet but she was becoming upset and I didn't pursue.

In summation, a big shout out to @grim!!!! (Holding coffee cup up high in a toast)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
@djs2303, I looked for @grim 's delivery day checklist but could not find it. Can you kindly direct me toward it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Taking Deliver of a GTS tomorrow. Dealer is telling me that Auto Start/Stop can't be permanently disabled. Can anyone say if they've actually had this done and how the dealer would actually do it?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Taking Deliver of a GTS tomorrow. Dealer is telling me that Auto Start/Stop can't be permanently disabled. Can anyone say if they've actually had this done and how the dealer would actually do it?

If you turn it off with the button, it will stay off until you turn it in again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I understood that everytime you started the car, you had to turn it off again. So permanently disabling would save having to do this continuously. Am I misinformed?

·
Registered
567 Posts
201 - 220 of 246 Posts