Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm completely at the mercy of my local dealer. I have two cars on order with them right now; a 718 Boxster GTS and a Macan GTS. I will be trading in a 2019 718 BGTS and a 2020 Macan S, respectively.

I can only hope they're reasonable and the market doesn't crash in the next couple months. I'm not paying ADM on either car but I could end up getting killed on trade and there would be nothing I could do...

Oh well. You only YOLO once they say...
They may just try to sell you the usual wheel and tire package and maintenance plan. They might ask you if you were interested in financing with them. You can say no. My dealership already knows I would say no to all of those things.

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
I have been learning a lot about the new car . There clearly are more likes than dislikes or I wouldn't be putting a deposit on one. Aside from the tons of praise of improved driving from members and journalists I have watched carefully the video footage that @RoggieRog has sent me on his road trip into the mountains, canyons, and wilderness to experience his new car . I am blown away by some of the driving features in that setting and can see the improvements first hand .

I also feel the car is priced nicely despite the overall increases .

But there are dislikes too..... So here is the list

1) I can't stand the black front fascia . I know its not a huge deal . Its not as bad as the M3 front grill but it is an eyesore .

2) Dark colors hide it . The only problem is that aside from timeless black both Night Blue and Volcano have been out so long that something new would have been nice . The purple color is not happening for me.

3) This next one is a HUGE complaint !! Porsche does it on the Macan and they even did it on the 911 . However they do it differently . They offer a GTS package but then they either hide something (911) or pull it away (Macan) . With the Macan if one puts the GTS package its almost double the price of the leather . However when one puts the premium package plus it wont allow it because of the ventilated seats so it makes the person individually retain the other features . It unbundles the package and ends up cost $1000 MORE even though ventilated seats are not on it . This its not really $4790. Its 5790 !!! On the 911 it allows the premium plus but hides the carbon inserts , stitching and dials making it 9K . I still bought it on my 911 but I am upset by BOTH .

If the car is a GTS and if a GTS package is exclusive to the car then Porsche needs to stop hiding the nonsense in a confusing comfigurator .

4) The RS wheels are too BUSY . I felt that the last Macan as well as 991.2 had perfect RS wheels . They made them more simple on the new 911 and I accepted it and ended up liking how easy they are to clean . I am not as pleased with the Macan GTS . It is the exclusive wheel of the car . Hence the confusion along with all the above.

5) The light colors show that fascia . I dont care if one puts lipstick on it . You will know its there .

6) The in between colors tend to not go well with the black wheels , Dolomite tones down the fascia but not like GT silver would . Gentian just doesn't mesh with black for me . Papaya matches it but I cant take it seriously . When I say the words "I have a Papaya Macan" I begin to internally laugh . Call me twisted but its my reality

I guess thats my biggest problem . Porsche made the car a better driving car than the last generation . They just didn't make it better looking to me . That becomes my fustration . Could I be so shallow that I would reject the intimacy of an improved car (in every way ) because it lack the curb appeal of my former car ? Could I lower myself to being ripped off for an extra 1K to have GTS package ? (on two cars )

I am open to hearing thoughts on any of the 6 points I raised.
There are other wheel options not in the configurator. :)

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
1). I do agree with you. It does look better in person, but I would definitely like much more body color on the front end

6). simple solution. DON't get black wheels. Silver, polished wheels look perfect with every body color-and they are timeless.

One of the reasons we left the blades black was to tie the large black areas on the front and rear together, so they don't stick out as much....
There are other options. I too hate black wheels. My Gentian baby arrived today I already have the RS spyders it came with listed for sale Wheels 4 Macans. The sales manager and I do not want to see the car until my gold rims are swapped on.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
I'm completely at the mercy of my local dealer. I have two cars on order with them right now; a 718 Boxster GTS and a Macan GTS. I will be trading in a 2019 718 BGTS and a 2020 Macan S, respectively.

I can only hope they're reasonable and the market doesn't crash in the next couple months. I'm not paying ADM on either car but I could end up getting killed on trade and there would be nothing I could do...

Oh well. You only YOLO once they say...
Do NOT forget to apply your $500 steering column voucher.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have been learning a lot about the new car . There clearly are more likes than dislikes or I wouldn't be putting a deposit on one. Aside from the tons of praise of improved driving from members and journalists I have watched carefully the video footage that @RoggieRog has sent me on his road trip into the mountains, canyons, and wilderness to experience his new car . I am blown away by some of the driving features in that setting and can see the improvements first hand .

1) I can't stand the black front fascia . I know its not a huge deal . Its not as bad as the M3 front grill but it is an eyesore .

2) Dark colors hide it . The only problem is that aside from timeless black both Night Blue and Volcano have been out so long that something new would have been nice . The purple color is not happening for me.

3) This next one is a HUGE complaint !! Porsche does it on the Macan and they even did it on the 911 . However they do it differently . They offer a GTS package but then they either hide something (911) or pull it away (Macan) . With the Macan if one puts the GTS package its almost double the price of the leather . However when one puts the premium package plus it wont allow it because of the ventilated seats so it makes the person individually retain the other features . It unbundles the package and ends up cost $1000 MORE even though ventilated seats are not on it . This its not really $4790. Its 5790 !!! On the 911 it allows the premium plus but hides the carbon inserts , stitching and dials making it 9K . I still bought it on my 911 but I am upset by BOTH .

If the car is a GTS and if a GTS package is exclusive to the car then Porsche needs to stop hiding the nonsense in a confusing comfigurator .

4) The RS wheels are too BUSY . I felt that the last Macan as well as 991.2 had perfect RS wheels . They made them more simple on the new 911 and I accepted it and ended up liking how easy they are to clean . I am not as pleased with the Macan GTS . It is the exclusive wheel of the car . Hence the confusion along with all the above.

5) The light colors show that fascia . I dont care if one puts lipstick on it . You will know its there .

6) The in between colors tend to not go well with the black wheels , Dolomite tones down the fascia but not like GT silver would . Gentian just doesn't mesh with black for me . Papaya matches it but I cant take it seriously . When I say the words "I have a Papaya Macan" I begin to internally laugh . Call me twisted but its my reality

I guess thats my biggest problem . Porsche made the car a better driving car than the last generation . They just didn't make it better looking to me . That becomes my fustration . Could I be so shallow that I would reject the intimacy of an improved car (in every way ) because it lack the curb appeal of my former car ? Could I lower myself to being ripped off for an extra 1K to have GTS package ? (on two cars )

I agree. I tried to configure a new 2022 GTS, only to be disappointed from the old options missing. It was stupid, like I had to accept the new GTS package in full, including the new crazy GTS colors like Mambo green, or build a non GTS; well I mean an old school optioned GTS with limited new GTS features. I tried to build a 2023 GTS but gave up after the wheel selection.

black front fascia:
I look at my 2018 GTS and I like the front. Don't really have a dislike for the new one yet. It is cheap looking.

I like the Papaya color! Looks great blacked out. Hate to say this, but I'd probaly be happy with that 2022 Papaya Macan S build I built, over the new GTS. Better engine perhaps, but was more in tune with what I wanted options wise, and looked pretty cool. The new GTS is with the GTS package is quite radical, leaning towards pure race machine.

I remember you telling me to save my money, $35K plus tax and enjoy my 2018 GTS. That I can do alot more with $35K than get a new 2022 or 2023 GTS. You were right, and I put some of the money towards learning how to be a competent market investor and I'm doing pretty good so far. I am leaning towards keeping my GTS for quite a bit longer now, at least 2 more years. Still very happy with the car so far.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the GTS race tex package on. my 992 GTS and had it on my 991.2 GTS before it. The race tex is cooler than leather . The material and stitch is beautiful !! (see pics below... current car ). I want it on my Macan but have an internal struggle with the shenanigans on the configurator.

Ventilated seats are needed with leather but with Miami humidity and 94 degrees daily in July I stick to my leather seat in my Macan Turbo even before the vents turn on . I wanted the GTS package but by the configurator deleted the premium package and prompted to retail everything on the package except ventilated seats . Had the price remained the same I would have been fine . After al I am just giving up a 650 option but instead it RAISED 1000 bucks . I am this buying less and paying more to have less but I do get the GTS package . On the 992 its done differently but I will stick on topic. I dont know what I will do. I love the package .

I didnt know that the Gt design were on backorder . I guess the RS wheel is not getting as much love if the alternative is sold out . I will ask on Tuesday . Thats when I get my car appraised and if its acceptable I will place a deposit . If I MUST get the RS wheel it may change things.. I love the black but need a break UNLESS I can get the wheels I even started pricing HRE wheels (P series) out of curiosity .

In the 8 years I have posted here I am noticing the highest amount of black/JBM Macans compared to years ago. I have also seen more GTS cars with wheel alternatives to the RS .

View attachment 258355

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
1. This discussion thread has been incorrectly placed in the Porsche Macan Reviews > User Reviews subforum.

2. It is a general discussion about various design elements and preferences of the Macan GTS model - not a user review.

3. Entries discussing 911s or 992s have no place in this discussion thread - it's dedicated - by definition - to the Macan. Those posts
have been edited or deleted in their entirety.

Stay ON TOPIC.

This website is called macanforum for a good reason. It is not the 992 forum. It's not the 911 forum.

992 posts or discussions belong elsewhere in this forum - IIRC, in the lounge area or under Other Vehicle.

I will be relocating this thread to a more appropriate subforum.

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
No voucher for cars not delivered yet. Compensation for missing electric steering wheel adjustment had a very specific date and that date is long gone.
Respectfully, that is not correct. My car was just delivered yesterday (8/4/2022) and is still at the dealership being prepped. I used my voucher the day before. It has an expiration date in April 2023 and can be used to purchase Porsche parts and accessories if you do not apply it to the purchase.

Perhaps they issued them only to cars that had an electric column when they were ordered. I do not know, but it isn't based on whether or not the applicable cars have been delivered

·
Registered
584 Posts
Respectfully, that is not correct. My car was just delivered yesterday (8/4/2022) and is still at the dealership being prepped. I used my voucher the day before. It has an expiration date in April 2023 and can be used to purchase Porsche parts and accessories if you do not apply it to the purchase.

Perhaps they issued them only to cars that had an electric column when they were ordered. I do not know, but it isn't based on whether or not the applicable cars have been delivered
Good to hear - qualification was based on VIN not dates - my error. I ordered my GTS in March, delivery end of May - no voucher.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I took delivery on my Night Blue Metallic GTS two weeks ago tomorrow. It is my 2nd Porsche, the other being a 2002 996 Turbo coupe I also bought new. I recall all the comments about the Macan GTS feeling like driving a sports car. I'm too early in learning the GTS car to refute that statement but I did drive my 996 yesterday and the feeling sitting that low to the ground along with the 485HP certainly distinguishes the sports car feeling.

I did get the Premium Package Plus and am pleased with those options. The ventilated seats feel great when I get off the golf course. I also went with the PSCB with calipers in high gloss black, which I must say look great with the 21" GT Design wheels in high gloss black. The black that you referenced does not stand out as much against the Night Blue car.

As a daily driver very difficult for me to find anything to complain about. The one thing I will say is it hasn't passed a gas station that it didn't like lol. Perhaps the surprise to me is the fun of manual shifting though I don't use the paddles very often since I'm still in the break-in period. The exhaust sound is also very satisfying. Soooooo I don't have the list of issues that you have but I do have a lot of likes. There is no substitute!

·
Registered
14,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I took delivery on my Night Blue Metallic GTS two weeks ago tomorrow. It is my 2nd Porsche, the other being a 2002 996 Turbo coupe I also bought new. I recall all the comments about the Macan GTS feeling like driving a sports car. I'm too early in learning the GTS car to refute that statement but I did drive my 996 yesterday and the feeling sitting that low to the ground along with the 485HP certainly distinguishes the sports car feeling.

I did get the Premium Package Plus and am pleased with those options. The ventilated seats feel great when I get off the golf course. I also went with the PSCB with calipers in high gloss black, which I must say look great with the 21" GT Design wheels in high gloss black. The black that you referenced does not stand out as much against the Night Blue car.

As a daily driver very difficult for me to find anything to complain about. The one thing I will say is it hasn't passed a gas station that it didn't like lol. Perhaps the surprise to me is the fun of manual shifting though I don't use the paddles very often since I'm still in the break-in period. The exhaust sound is also very satisfying. Soooooo I don't have the list of issues that you have but I do have a lot of likes. There is no substitute!
I thought about this as I wrote my first post . I could have easily written a long list of likes . The moment I would have mentioned one dislike all the likes would have been abandoned . So instead I threw up all the dislikes and just kept going !! It actually led me to how to configure my car (keeping the likes and hedging the dislikes ) . Some of the dislikes are very valid . For example the pricing of the GTS package cant be denied . One of my complaints was about how limited color selection is and how long the same colors have wore out the appeal . In fact on my very first Macan I noticed that the Cayenne had so many more choices so I went out and said " OK ,, fair enough .. white car with black interior " . That took all of the focus off color and placed it all into the likes (the car itself ) . In fact of one looks at today's Cayenne many choices are different but it has become limited compared to the past . Its almost as if Porsche went on a diet on aesthetic choices but pigged out on items like the GTS package , or club. leather (Cayenne) or the Heritage package (911) . They are basically implying "here's the exclusive stuff , tick the box and we will unwind a few more dollars out of it with our clever configurator ."

41 - 53 of 53 Posts