Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering about the look of the Macans Rear. Every Spy shot we see has the head and tails covered up by some sort of German sticker trickery, while alot of renderings have the Macan sporting a rear section with a solid light bar across the rear...

I'm hoping the Macans rear will go from this:

to this...

While the Panamera Sport Turismo Concept debuted the look last year at the Paris autoshow, the light bar could transition itself to all porsche models starting with the Macan...

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is no badge or anything on the back of the spy shot Macan which makes me feel like they are withholding the actual back of the vehicle. I'd prefer the light bar on the back. It would really complete the rear end of the vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are talking about this...

I'd agree that it is ugly. I think it could be done better though, so I am not going to say outright that if Porsche makes the back end with the bar across it will be ugly. I will reserve judgement.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd rather talk about this

the MKZ rear end is sleek...

Even the Carerra is wearing the new light bar look

while the '14 GT3 is getting a variation of the bar...

I really believe the Macan will show up with the lightbar, it seems its going to snake its way through the entire lineup for now...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if the light bar is does as clean as the Carrera i'll love it but at the same time i rather have the Macan stay as close to the Cayenne as it can, not having the light bar
Why on earth would you want that. I think the Cayenne look on some of the spy shots makes the Macan look awkward and uncomfortable with itself. The side profile is glorious and sporty but the minute i see the Cayenne style head and tails i think the thing looks like a botched and bulbous Honey i shrunk the kids moment.

The Macan deserves its own look to go with its own personality..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would have liked the look of the light bar better on the back of the Macan. This style doesn't look bad, but I think the light bar would have made the Macan look more sporty which would place it in between a sports car and an SUV, exactly where it is supposed to be. It would have at least been nice to have a play on the light bar like in this picture.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.