Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can these instructions be used to install a Remus valved exhaust? Connecting vacuum for the valves and wire to PSE button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
362 Posts
Unlike 996 the Macan uses pure electronic valves. I thought the Remus just forked the stock single electronic valve that comes on all Macans? The PSE has two valves, a control unit and an active shaker.

I had the PSE exhaust installed without the control unit activated. I could tell it was louder than the stock exhaust but did not sound great. With the full system activated the "PSE On" mode is excellent and "PSE Off" is quiet/perfect for just driving on the highway or listening to music.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Unlike 996 the Macan uses pure electronic valves. I thought the Remus just forked the stock single electronic valve that comes on all Macans? The PSE has two valves, a control unit and an active shaker.

I had the PSE exhaust installed without the control unit activated. I could tell it was louder than the stock exhaust but did not sound great. With the full system activated the "PSE On" mode is excellent and "PSE Off" is quiet/perfect for just driving on the highway or listening to music.

The Remus has its own electronic valves that are triggered via the Sport button. The PSE button is not needed (or used, if present).

·
Registered
12 Posts

I've been searching everywhere to work this out, I have a 2017 Macan S and brought a Macan GTS PSE on ebay for cheap! I've installed the exhaust on my Macan S at my local shop and both valves already seem open constantly but I'm not hearing the sports exhaust notes? It is a genuine OEM Porsche Sports Exhaust off a GTS which comes standard PSE, I'm wondering if I need Porsche to Program it or activate it or add any other components?? If the PSE valves are constantly open then I prob dont need to hook up the button and wire the actuators?? Asking for some advise or knowledge.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been searching everywhere to work this out, I have a 2017 Macan S and brought a Macan GTS PSE on ebay for cheap! I've installed the exhaust on my Macan S at my local shop and both valves already seem open constantly but I'm not hearing the sports exhaust notes? It is a genuine OEM Porsche Sports Exhaust off a GTS which comes standard PSE, I'm wondering if I need Porsche to Program it or activate it or add any other components?? If the PSE valves are constantly open then I prob dont need to hook up the button and wire the actuators?? Asking for some advise or knowledge.
With no PSE button the valves are always open. A majority of the “sport” sound comes from a speaker called the soundaktor which needs to be installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
So finally done! Just got back from the local dealership (my appointment was scheduled way out) Only charged me 0.5 hours for the coding adjustment and threw in a hand car wash. Sounds so much better with the working valve control and shaker.

I handed them a printout of just the PIWIS II steps. End total w/ unexpected dealership trip still came in around the estimated ~$3.1k

I do see eBay listings where more PSE mufflers are being sold but try and get a set with the tips you want. Otherwise will cost a lot to get those from Porsche. Also try and make sure if buying used that the seller includes enough of the piping attached. The TSB PDF shows where Porsche recommends the clamps to be installed. Luckily the indy shop TIG welded my pipe that got cut down (from original PSE mufflers) to fit into a smaller shipping box.
So I purchased a GTS PSE on eBay and put it on my Macan S, can’t really hear the difference!! Valves are constantly open!! Do you think I could take it to porsche and have the program/code it and it might sound like the GTS?? Also I want to install the soundaktor but where do you plug it or wire it too?? I’m stress out that my purchase to save money is actually going to cost me more money now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So finally done! Just got back from the local dealership (my appointment was scheduled way out) Only charged me 0.5 hours for the coding adjustment and threw in a hand car wash. Sounds so much better with the working valve control and shaker.

I handed them a printout of just the PIWIS II steps. End total w/ unexpected dealership trip still came in around the estimated ~$3.1k

I do see eBay listings where more PSE mufflers are being sold but try and get a set with the tips you want. Otherwise will cost a lot to get those from Porsche. Also try and make sure if buying used that the seller includes enough of the piping attached. The TSB PDF shows where Porsche recommends the clamps to be installed. Luckily the indy shop TIG welded my pipe that got cut down (from original PSE mufflers) to fit into a smaller shipping box.
Yes but where does the soundaktor/ECU get power from?? Or where did you wire it too??
Also when you went to Porsche what did you tell them they needed to do in respect to coding?? I went to Porsche and they had no idea what I was telling them, that it needed to be programmed or coded???

·
Registered
12 Posts

Can I ask who wired your soundaktor and control unit? I’m trying to find out where the harness is wired too? I’ve installed the PSE exhaust with valves constantly open and I’m trying to install the Soundaktor in the firewall but I’m not sure where it’s wired too to get power etc.

I’m trying to avoid installing the Center console exhaust button due to the costs in labour to wire that harness.

I can’t see to find any info online.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The link to the install guide is no longer working. Could someone please PM it to me or share an updated link?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know how to wire the ECU for the soundaktor/sound symposer for the PSE exhaust?? Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
37 Posts
After listening to stock, PSE and a few aftermarket systems I am staying stock on my Turbo. Over time the stock system has really developed a nice tone and I continue to feel that the twin turbos mute most of what I want to hear on all systems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Agreed. The Turbo sounds great, if you're standing behind it. In the cabin i can't hear as much as I would like, but I also assume that would be the case with most systems. I'm not willing to go with a super loud system, and the PSE is pretty good IF I roll all the windows down and put it in Sport Plus. Otherwise, it's pretty muted for most driving conditions.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts