Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
After listening to stock, PSE and a few aftermarket systems I am staying stock on my Turbo. Over time the stock system has really developed a nice tone and I continue to feel that the twin turbos mute most of what I want to hear on all systems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Nice upgrade with the sound. The exhaust tips seems to pop out a bit long though? But maybe just is the angle of the image?
I'm not 100% happy with the install but I was in a hurry to get out of there so that's how it is for the moment. There's wiggle room to push the tips farther in (as there is on the stock tips, which I removed to paint before) & I will push them in some when I get back.

Still, the tips are designed to stick out to show the carbon fiber and Remus logo. The OEM ones are tapered to virtually flush mount to maintain some pretense of off-road capability. This is not a concern to me but may be to others.

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Can someone share the guide again? I am in the market to get the PSE but I want to review the work instruction real quick to make sure the dealer is quoting me reasonable labor hours.

Thanks
My server lost a drive Sunday, waiting on the replacement today. The link should work tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Can someone share the guide again? I am in the market to get the PSE but I want to review the work instruction real quick to make sure the dealer is quoting me reasonable labor hours.

Thanks
What dealership and how much ?

I have typically seen 1500-1700 in the PSE threads over the past year. Besides the actual exhaust there is also a new wiring harness, console and probably also SW install.

When I looked into the retro fit total cost was 5K'ish. 3000$ for the hardware, 1700$ install and then add your 8% sales tax on top.

You can get a better sounding AWE for half incl installation.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I got a quote for 1365 for labor and the service advisor is willing to take additional 10% off for being a PCA member. I am trying to get a OTD quote which is ~$5 as you had stated. Are you in the market to get one? Maybe we can get additional discounts on parts if we go in together?

As much as the factory parts cost an arm and a leg, but I would prefer factory parts for it's fitment and overall look.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I got a quote for 1365 for labor and the service advisor is willing to take additional 10% off for being a PCA member. I am trying to get a OTD quote which is ~$5 as you had stated. Are you in the market to get one? Maybe we can get additional discounts on parts if we go in together?

As much as the factory parts cost an arm and a leg, but I would prefer factory parts for it's fitment and overall look.
I had an AWE installed a couple of months back, but thank you.

·
Registered
912 Posts

Thanks
Back up and running, try it now.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Finished reading the work instruction. It really does look like they are taking the entire car apart just to wire from the rear to the front. I feel like it's asking for trim rattles after the installation is done. :/

·
Registered
52 Posts
works for me - is it possible to put some samples of how the remus exhaust sounds, i am really curious if it will do something for my macan diesel (as it has no sound at all which after my Boxster S is a disappointment

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Just had the dealer install the PSE and Sport Plus. $4800 total, but oh what a sound!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
That's a great price. Where is your dealer located?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts