Porsche Macan Forum banner

421 - 440 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
How's the ride, handling, and maneuverability of your Macan? I just joined the Forum. I am about to purchase the same configuration but I am not convinced on a 20 mm offset. The lowest I would take is 22 mm offset to diminish the scrub radius to at least zero. thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got these on today. Haven't had a chance to wash the car and take some better pictures so these iPhone pictures will have to do for now. I'll probably wait until I get my H&R springs on to do a better photo shoot.

Specs:
Vossen CV4
22x10.5 et30 all around
15mm spacer on the rears
295/30 Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico tires
Custom Matte Bronze powder coating
What's it like 22"s? I'm trying to decide between 22s and 21s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Macan rim selection

Hi all,

Help me select a new set of wheels to upgrade my stock 18 macan rims.

Is there some place online where I can look at the rims in closer detail & 3D photos? I really like the Porsche 3D look, like those wheels that curve inward toward the center cap.

You can't really tell by looking from the car's profile, you kinda have to view it from an angle...

any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,959 Posts
If you’re looking for aftermarket wheels, tirerack.com has online vehicle wheel view, where you can select car, color and any wheels to see how they look on your car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the 19" Macan Design wheels on my S and while I am pleased with the look they are a major pain to keep clean. The 18 inch Cayman S wheels on my '08 Cayman are so good looking and so easy to clean some day I would like to have something similar on the Macan. Looking at Tire Rack I like the 19" Savini Black Di Forza in Gloss Black. Look very easy to keep clean and not show so much brake dust.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the 19" Macan Design wheels on my S and while I am pleased with the look they are a major pain to keep clean. The 18 inch Cayman S wheels on my '08 Cayman are so good looking and so easy to clean some day I would like to have something similar on the Macan. Looking at Tire Rack I like the 19" Savini Black Di Forza in Gloss Black. Look very easy to keep clean and not show so much brake dust.
Its all a personal choice really. I have 19's on my Macan S and hate the small size vs the huge wheel opening on these cars. I thought id be happy after lowering but now it bugs me even more. These cars should really come with 20-21" stock, anything smaller just seems off in my opinion

·
Registered
194 Posts
Let me tell you that the spyder design 20"s look small too. Imo 21" is the sweet spot on the macans and the wheel openings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone. I need some help from you guys. I’m in Alberta and currently doing some shopping for winter tires and wheels. There’s so much information on here so thank you all for this. It’s amazing reading up on all of it and doing research. I have a question and hoping I get an answer. I’m looking to buy the GT Radial Champiro Icepro winter tires for my 2018 Porsche Macan. I only drive a few times a week so not that much. I’m sticking to18inches with 235/60R18XL and 255/55R18XL I found wheels with bolt pattern 5 X 112, wheel diameter 18, width 8 and 9 for front rear, bore size 66.5, offset 21. I found all this information and dimension details on http://wheel-size.com/size/Porsche/Macan/2018 since I’m such a novice to all of this, do I also need to buy centric hub rings kit + lug bolt kits + lug nut kits? Please help me.. I feel so lost, confused and overwhelmed and I just want to buy winter tires and rims for the upcoming winter. Im in Alberta, Canada and winter is around the corner. I can’t seem to find specific information. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hello everyone. I need some help from you guys. I’m in Alberta and currently doing some shopping for winter tires and wheels. There’s so much information on here so thank you all for this. It’s amazing reading up on all of it and doing research. I have a question and hoping I get an answer. I’m looking to buy the GT Radial Champiro Icepro winter tires for my 2018 Porsche Macan. I only drive a few times a week so not that much. I’m sticking to18inches with 235/60R18XL and 255/55R18XL I found wheels with bolt pattern 5 X 112, wheel diameter 18, width 8 and 9 for front rear, bore size 66.5, offset 21. I found all this information and dimension details on http://wheel-size.com/size/Porsche/Macan/2018 since I’m such a novice to all of this, do I also need to buy centric hub rings kit + lug bolt kits + lug nut kits? Please help me.. I feel so lost, confused and overwhelmed and I just want to buy winter tires and rims for the upcoming winter. Im in Alberta, Canada and winter is around the corner. I can’t seem to find specific information. Thanks guys.
18" winter package from Porsche is about $3500, it might be not that much more expensive than aftermarket rims, TPMS sensors and Porsche spec tires.
Anyway, try to find aftermarket rims that fit Macan perfectly without hubcentric rings, etc, then you don't need any additional hardware, everything will be reused from your OEM rims.
Did you check with your local popular tire places - they will be able to build you a set that fits perfectly.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for responding. I called a few but they weren’t really helpful. I’ll keep calling and go in this time. I read on here that a lot of Macan owners didn’t get the factory recommended from Porsche as it’s $3,556 ( https://porschecentrecalgary.com/parts/winter_wheels_2019.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwk93rBRBLEiwAcMapUbzRUVIaa8WVdAhVG9ywdoVxpmlahJNGGJFZ5PQBCwdkAunl8P5TnBoCCeAQAvD_BwE) not sure if that includes everything so I’m just on here to find a cheaper alternative.
The winter sets from Porsche include everything - OEM rims, OEM TPMS sensors and Porsche spec tires, and they would often offer you a free storage for one season.
If you don't mind your wheels shipped to you you can build a set on TireRack or 1010tires.
Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You’re a gem! I’ll be placing my order via 1010tires. They mount for you and I’ll just have to pay for install. They can also ship it to one of their many partners in town they work with. It’s great!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
You’re a gem! I’ll be placing my order via 1010tires. They mount for you and I’ll just have to pay for install. They can also ship it to one of their many partners in town they work with. It’s great!! Thank you!!
You are welcome! What rims, tires and TPMS sesnsors did you get?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry I don’t understand your comment. I believe they’re different rims and tires. There’s an option to see what they’ll look like on the vehicle and it looks nothing like the factory ones the Macan came with.

421 - 440 of 474 Posts