Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I try to tell people what I know based on experience (having owned both cars), years of reading car rags, working on cars as a diyer, owning all the luxury makes, etc. Hopefully, members can filter through the noise. View attachment 241209
Are these the type of exhaust outlets you mentioned about paint peeling?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yessir. Both replaced under warranty before 2000 miles. Special order from Deutschland
That sucks, at least warranty took care of it.
I did order the night package, hopefully i get lucky.

I went with black on black with yellow accent interior.
The more i see the 63 the better it looks!

My scheduled decade is 04-1/21 so hopefully i take delivery around end of April, very excited.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are wasting your time trying to get Opt1k to admit that he is wrong. Every other forum member knows he is absolutely incorrect. His spreading misinformation on this forum is a weekly occurrence. Best thing to do is to just ignore him, and hopefully he will go away.
There is nothing wrong with being wrong, but choosing to be an idiot is ridiculous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see the regular GLC 300 everyday, multiple times a day. What I have not seen is the GLC 63 AMG. Had a good laugh reading this thread on how someone can think the 63 amg is the direct competitor to a Cayenne.

Here are the suv's I'm shopping.

Macan Turbo
Stelvio Quadrifoglio
GLC 63 AMG

Those are my top 3. X3M competition and F-pace SVR are right behind them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Went to check one out today, they had two exactly same as what I see all the time in the showroom -- white Base standard rims no sunroof.

Stickered $44k and you get memory seat including steering wheel position (kind of shocking at this price range to come standard), wireless charging, all the safety techs and assists including blind spot.

Now completely understand why there are so many on the road.

See the crazy thing is many non premium makes are toping over $50ks now, and several even cost more than or close to the GLC, which makes it a real bargain and you get basically all the luxury and standard should-have features for even less than what some non premium makes offer.

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
Did you test drive one? I heard its driving dynamics is just so so. Another concern is the reliability and it’s very expensive to fix a Benz.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Did you test drive one? I heard its driving dynamics is just so so. Another concern is the reliability and it’s very expensive to fix a Benz.
I would wait til the 2022 facelift version to come out first, already seen leaked photos.

Also, in the showroom saw the GLC AMG 43 sticked at $75k and the 63 at $90k.

Interestingly, the base 300 is manufacturered in Finland and the 63 (I guess also the 53) in Germany, forgot to check 43 I guess probably Germany. All parts on all trims are entirely Germany as indicated on the stickers.

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
The GLC AMG43 @$75k is in the same price range as the Macan S. I don’t know anyone won’t get the GLC instead of the Macan for the same money.

Same logic between the AMG63 vs. the Macan Turbo.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The GLC AMG43 @$75k is in the same price range as the Macan S. I don’t know anyone won’t get the GLC instead of the Macan for the same money.

Same logic between the AMG63 vs. the Macan Turbo.
Sat inside the 43, lots of carbon fiber, but so glossy looked almost like fake LOL...

I guess people choosing the 43 over the S mostly because of the engine power and acceleration...

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
Then, the Macan GTS optioned around $80k is a better option over the AMG43, IMO.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sat inside the 43, lots of carbon fiber, but so glossy looked almost like fake LOL...

I guess people choosing the 43 over the S mostly because of the engine power and acceleration...
Benz:
4.7 sec

Macan:
4.9 with SC.

A bit quicker but not sure if that's the reason to choose one over another.

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
The Macan GTS is quicker at ~$5k extra. I will take it any day over the GLC AMG43. I test drove an AMG C43 coupe before. Simply no comparison even to my 2015 Macan S.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The Macan GTS is quicker at ~$5k extra. I will take it any day over the GLC AMG43. I test drove an AMG C43 coupe before. Simply no comparison even to my 2015 Macan S.
Benz is a good car if you compare it to Kia.

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
I configured an AMG GLC63 at $82k. Not sure it’s a better deal than the $80k Macan GTS.

Aside from the more powerful V8 I don’t see anything else good for the GLC63. In fact, everything else is inferior to the Macan GTS. The Benz reliability makes me cringe.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I configured an AMG GLC63 at $82k. Not sure it’s a better deal than the $80k Macan GTS.

Aside from the more powerful V8 I don’t see anything else good for the GLC63. In fact, everything else is inferior to the Macan GTS. The Benz reliability makes me cringe.
I would imagine the technology and driving dynamics in the Mercedes GLC AMG 63 are better than the Macan GTS and the tech is better in the regular GLC. I know my ordered AMG E 63s wagon is light years ahead of Porsche in tech and the driving...well just watch some YouTube videos and make your own opinion. The video on a road course following a 911 is fantastic and almost passed it a couple of times before it missed the entry point on a corner and faded back some. It even has dynamic motor mounts and a few other goodies to help with the handling. The 2.9 0-60 (which is the same time as a C8 Corvette) isn't too bad either for a 4600lb family and grocery hauler.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I would imagine the technology and driving dynamics in the Mercedes GLC AMG 63 are better than the Macan GTS and the tech is better in the regular GLC. I know my ordered AMG E 63s wagon is light years ahead of Porsche in tech and the driving...well just watch some YouTube videos and make your own opinion. The video on a road course following a 911 is fantastic and almost passed it a couple of times before it missed the entry point on a corner and faded back some. It even has dynamic motor mounts and a few other goodies to help with the handling. The 2.9 0-60 (which is the same time as a C8 Corvette) isn't too bad either for a 4600lb family and grocery hauler.
2.9 0-60. Show me as that is not real. Record a video for us of you doing this.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I can agree with tech as Porsche is definitely lacking in this area (i don't give an f though). But saying that AMG E 63s wagon is light years ahead of Porsche in driving is an exaggeration. Porsche's competitor to E63S wagon is this, not a Macan.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts