Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Careful if you select black exhaust on GLC as the paint can peel off in short order. Maybe they fixed that issue since 2019.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have no idea how or when that became such a common design, i dont even know who is the biggest culprit.
porsche and alfa have rich racing history so maybe they keep their exhaust 100%.
Brabus exhahust is definitely on my list of modifications for my glc, but AMG does make their semi fake a lot better than most.
What I am trying to tell is that there are reasons of price difference beyond the badge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What I am trying to tell is that there are reasons of price difference beyond the badge.
Oh of course, these are Porsche, Mercedes we are talking about. Of course there are reasons beyond the price difference, like the prestige, the history.

I wouldnt spend 50k on a new entry level luxury SUV tho. But i did commit 35k more for the v8 😁😭

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oh of course, these are Porsche, Mercedes we are talking about. Of course there are reasons beyond the price difference, like the prestige, the history.

I wouldnt spend 50k on a new entry level luxury SUV tho. But i did commit 35k more for the v8 😁😭
We both know that if you could commit $60k more for V8 wrapped into Cayenne GTS you wouldn't have to rationalize that benz is better. ;) You get what you pay for. Such is capitalism.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
We both know that if you could commit $60k more for V8 wrapped into Cayenne GTS you wouldn't have to rationalize that benz is better. ;) You get what you pay for. Such is capitalism.
Love the Lava Orange Ceyenne Coupe GTS with blacked out trim, wheels, and carbon roof.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like the GLC300 has fake outlets too, right?
i dont know. The AMG models have the quad square outlet tips. The actual exhaust sits right behind it and you can see it thru the fake tips.
Be easy there, dont assume what money i have or dont have. We have an x5 so we arent in the market(well me) for another similarly sized car. Im not rationalizing which car is better for which segment. In case you still havent caught on, Cayenne is not in the same category as the Macan for the 3rd time. I was stating my opinion on base models for these luxury entry SUVs and cayenne doesnt fall under that.

The GLC 63 is the only v8 in the segment, again Cayenne competes with the GLE.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Be easy there, dont assume what money i have or dont have. We have an x5 so we arent in the market(well me) for another similarly sized car. Im not rationalizing which car is better for which segment. In case you still havent caught on, Cayenne is not in the same category as the Macan for the 3rd time. I was stating my opinion on base models for these luxury entry SUVs and cayenne doesnt fall under that.

The GLC 63 is the only v8 in the segment, again Cayenne competes with the GLE.
I don't see V6 Macan competing with V8 GLC63. V8 is totally different league. So GLC63 competition from Porsche is Cayenne GTS. Or RS Q8 from Audi.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have to agree with @froohyeah on this point. Most car segments, as I understand it, are defined by size. The GLC does not compete with the Cayenne and I would venture these two are not often cross-shopped. The GLC was never designed for the V8 which is what makes it so interesting and insane. The character of the Macan and the GLC63 is completely different. The presence of the GLC63 is that of a muscle car. The experience is all about the engine.
On the other hand, the Macan GTS is more about luxury and the entire Gran Touring performance. I'm not sure I've ever been in a better riding vehicle. Having said that, I never found myself going 95mph so frequently and easily in the 63 as I do in my GTS. Ultimately, cars don't compete with each other, they're inanimate objects, but manufacturers do compete with each other for customers' dollars.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Crazy, now it seems like the GLC300 base trim (in particular white) is as common as Model 3.

Was doing grocery shopping earlier in the evening and saw two exact same looking white base trim (smallest wheels no sunroof etc) parked next to the other.

Really wonder if MB dealers are discounting them heavily.

So, I checked one of the biggest local dealers here. GLC300 base trim (white) is flooding the inventory. One dealer has an average of 30 base models white in stock.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Have to agree with @froohyeah on this point. Most car segments, as I understand it, are defined by size. The GLC does not compete with the Cayenne and I would venture these two are not often cross-shopped. The GLC was never designed for the V8 which is what makes it so interesting and insane.
Still not convinced. Which other V8 cars from macan class do you know?

·
Registered
286 Posts
None. There is not a winner or a loser when talking with randos on the internet. You have not lost. The point is GLC does not compete with Cayenne just because they both have V8 engines. That’s not how it works. They are in different classes. Kinda like wrestling

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still not convinced. Which other V8 cars from macan class do you know?
Its not about convincing, its about facts, that is it.
You have referenced cars.usnews, so lets use that as example. Porsche Macan is considered a luxury compact SUV which also is entry level, so are all the other SUVs on the list.
That makes the GLC a direct competition to Macan and MB is the only one in the segment with a v8, which is pretty fukcing awesome to be honest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't see V6 Macan competing with V8 GLC63. V8 is totally different league. So GLC63 competition from Porsche is Cayenne GTS. Or RS Q8 from Audi.
You are incorrect on the comparisons because segments arent based on the size of the engine. A lot of the times the size of the engine correlates to the segment, but they usually go by size of the actual vehicle.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I try to tell people what I know based on experience (having owned both cars), years of reading car rags, working on cars as a diyer, owning all the luxury makes, etc. Hopefully, members can filter through the noise. 8BD49540-9043-4ADA-8D8A-75C124A50CCB.jpeg

61 - 80 of 108 Posts