Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see them almost everyday, They are mostly in white, without sunroof and base wheels, so I guess most of them are pretty standard trim.

Does MB have fleet sales on the GLC? Maybe they offer huge incentives on the base model and selling like hot cakes?

I am not in the market for another car but might request a quote just to see how how good the deal is and to find out why many people are buying.

Anyone who has driven the base GLC mind to give an opinion how does it compare to the base Macan with pretty standard trim?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where is "here"? With that, mfrs do leasing and fleet sales to themselves and partners all of the time - large dealership groups buying maintenance rentals or corp-to-corp no different than, say, Microsoft buying UNH insurance and UNH buying microsoft equip. Beyond that there are true fleet sales deals including rental firms, etc

·
Registered
424 Posts
Drives like any of the Japanese crossover SUVs you can get for 30k

Interior is nice-ish.

You’re just paying for the star, nothing else.

LOTS of them in Norcal.

If you want to compare to the Macan, go with the AMG.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Good question about where is here. 90% of forum members don’t even hint at their geographic location, as if someone will target them from a vague description like North Carolina. Wish more people would add it to their profiles so when they are talking about driving conditions we have some type of reference.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
My wife had a GLC loaner for 3 weeks couple weeks ago while her CLS550 was in for repair and of course she hated it and it was "meh" to me also. It was a base model and rode like CRV/RAV4 with better interior. I was annoyed by the multicolor ambient light, very distracting. It is everywhere here in Buffalo and every Tom, Dick and Harry have it. I am glad Porsche didn't move that far down market.

John

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the L.A area.

So I checked out the GLC site and a local dealer inventory.

For $51,124 incl. taxes and fees you get the following options:

• Selenite Grey matellic
  • parking damage detection
  • surround view system
  • emergency spare wheel
  • driver side memory
  • dual sunroof
  • blind spot detection
  • keyless entry
  • black ash wood trim
  • black fabric headliner
  • rear chrome trim
  • LED logo projectors
  • body color roof spoiler

Most of the ones I see on the road may be less of many above and shave a few grands off.

I think I get it. For a premium German RWD SUV less than $50k out the door is a steal. That's probably why there are so many out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drives like any of the Japanese crossover SUVs you can get for 30k

Interior is nice-ish.

You’re just paying for the star, nothing else.

LOTS of them in Norcal.

If you want to compare to the Macan, go with the AMG.
I rarely see the GLC AMG 43/63 here, probably 5% or less. 95% are base with standard trim.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Good question about where is here. 90% of forum members don’t even hint at their geographic location, as if someone will target them from a vague description like North Carolina. Wish more people would add it to their profiles so when they are talking about driving conditions we have some type of reference.
Absolutely! Please add your location so we can make specific answers to your needs when questions are asked.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in the L.A area.

• Selenite Grey matellic
  • surround view system
  • emergency spare wheel
  • driver side memory
  • dual sunroof
  • blind spot detection
  • keyless entry
  • black ash wood trim
  • black fabric headliner
  • rear chrome trim
  • LED logo projectors

Most of the ones I see on the road may be less of many above and shave a few grands off.

I think I get it. For a premium German RWD SUV less than $50k out the door is a steal. That's probably why there are so many out there.
Also, $51,124 is the listed price, I am sure with some negotiation it may come down below $50k.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am in the L.A area.

• Selenite Grey matellic
  • surround view system
  • emergency spare wheel
  • driver side memory
  • dual sunroof
  • blind spot detection
  • keyless entry
  • black ash wood trim
  • black fabric headliner
  • rear chrome trim
  • LED logo projectors

What do you suppose is parking damage detection?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also, $51,124 is the listed price, I am sure with some negotiation it may come down below $50k.
Well, LA is also fleet central for ANY business that has clients that might need to be moved around or need a car: law firms, accounting, consulting, just a some examples. I know firms that'll buy 10 "baby benzs" to pick up clients at the airport or whatever.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My wife owns a loaded 2020 AMG GLC43 coupe, and she loves it. Sharp looking vehicle for sure, at least the coupe is IMO.

A little larger inside/out than the Macan, more modern interior than the Macan, but compared to my GTS, my Macan feels more solid and is the better performer.

I will admit though her AMG has a better sounding exhaust....

Reactions: TripleL and Glock19

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I see lots of GLC 63 AMG Coupe here. The car looks great in the front but I find the rear awful. It reminds me the X6 which I don't like at all. The GLC 63 AMG can easily get to $100k if you start clicking the options. I agree with @Masscan that it sounds way better than the Macan.

Reactions: Masscan

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry folks, I was referring to the GLC, not the GLC coupe. Completely different car and price bracket.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Reactions: Glock19

·
Registered
456 Posts
My daughter has a base GLC, and I have a little trouble understanding why they are so popular.

Certainly handles better than a Lexus RX, although of course it’s nowhere as sporty as a base Macan. But lots and lots of people will not spend the extra dollars for that sportiness.

I think the GLC is very comfortable, and I do like the interior, as well as the tech, even though it’s not Mercedes most advanced tech. Do wish it had more power though.

And for that money you were getting a reasonably prestigious brand name.

My daughter’s GLC has been absolutely bulletproof.

Not exactly the car for me, but it definitely fits the bill for lots of others.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts