Porsche Macan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Porsche seems to mention very little about off roading here (official suspension descriptions), and a lot about how AS is the best performance, comfort and dynamic option. But maybe your SA knows better?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've had multiple SAs from different dealers tell me they are the "largest volume dealer in the country" and "no one can get you the car faster than we can." It's all BS obviously. I would trust the Porsche drivers at the Roadshow over any SA. I should have asked a lot more questions there. I do remember one driver told me I don't need PTV but he would get PASM for sure and I think AS but can't quite remember about the AS.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: K-A

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I've had multiple SAs from different dealers tell me they are the "largest volume dealer in the country" and "no one can get you the car faster than we can." It's all BS obviously. I would trust the Porsche drivers at the Roadshow over any SA. I should have asked a lot more questions there. I do remember one driver told me I don't need PTV but he would get PASM for sure and I think AS but can't quite remember about the AS.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Exactly! I heard the "largest dealer" bit by 3, yes 3 dealers, maybe more. I start to tune it out.

Yeah, the Roadshow (professional) Porsche driver said that AS was on all the Macan's for track duty because that was the recommended way to get the best drive, simply put.

It seems like people who are commenting on what an SA says about AS haven't even driven AS here. How can we honestly debate the virtues when some are going off of salesman misleading statements about it, and don't even know for themselves?

Everyone should find out for themselves! What an SA says about it means zilch really. One SA told me to avoid it because "you can't even drive it in Low", until he learned otherwise by my drive with him.

AS is night and day to me, maybe not as noticeable to others. But I think anyone who debates it really should find out for themselves. At the very least, there's always the nice drop. :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
"People B" who listened to their SA's recommendations and avoided all performance options
My SA didn't recommend that I avoid all performance options. ...and the price of my deposit didn't increase because I added them.

Once again, I'll say that you're relaying your own, limited experiences as if they apply to every SA in the world. ...and I agree - it's getting out of hand.

You're doing a disservice to our community spreading opinions as if they were facts. You're lowering your own credibility by continuing to harp on the same things over and over. It's getting pretty old to me. :(

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Next topic, please...:|

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
My SA didn't recommend that I avoid all performance options. ...and the price of my deposit didn't increase because I added them.

Once again, I'll say that you're relaying your own, limited experiences as if they apply to every SA in the world. ...and I agree - it's getting out of hand.

You're doing a disservice to our community spreading opinions as if they were facts. You're lowering your own credibility by continuing to harp on the same things over and over. It's getting pretty old to me. :(
And I think I've been spot on and have corrected a lot of misinformation and countered misleading statements by salesmen to some who may be naive enough to trust their word as bond to the degree of not even finding out for themselves (such as the "it's only for off road" fallacy that seems popular with many of them).

I never said "all SA's", but the several SA's being referenced in this thread of whom started this conversation, that show a simple trend aligning with several SA's I've dealt with.

Too bad I'm not here for a popularity contest so you can save the soapbox next time.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
To switch this into another PDK gear, a similar type of situation (that IMO is of less importance on this car) that would probably have people switching into different elements of the spectrum:

Base seats vs 14 way seats.

I originality wanted the 8 ways because them being free made for me to allocate those funds toward things like AS which I find much more necessary for me. I also prefer the two style mix with alcantara as it's more unique and usually reserved for the more expensive sports car variations. However, when I found out that it unbelievably didn't include lumbar support (I'm sensitive to lumbar support since I'm tall), I spec'd 14 way partial leathers and felt like I was paying $1,440 just for lumbar support (I'd rather get a friggin high quality lumbar support "pillow" if that's the only reason).

I read a review where they said how unbelievably amazing the 8 way seats were and how they're tangible proof that Porsche makes the best seats, perfect formed for humans, and more comfortable and supportive than most ultra crazy gazillion way seats.

So I went and tried them and found them to be very comfortable, and like the special and sporty/luxury vibe the alcantara brings that I'd have even considered paying more for them if they were the more expensive option.

Going back to the 14 ways, I found the lumbar support extender to be so minimal, which is due to the base seat already having such solid lumbar support. Which solidified me on the base seats. This is one that I hope I don't regret, and don't think so as I'm excited for the alcantara/"leather" mix and the no-maintenance but damp wipes care, as well as the savings.

I love the 18 ways but even for my skinny a$$ they felt a little tight. I also didn't know if the fact that its extra aggressive bolsters prevented me from being able to rest my arm on the armrest would become uncomfortable.

Interestingly enough, this falling into the "easy to digest for the mass consumer, easy to sell, therefore we'll recommend it", some SA's tried to sell me on it. But a couple told me to "not bother" with the upgrades because "90+% of people get the 8 Way seats and Porsche makes the best seats, so it's all you need".

Reactions: ausmacan

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
@K-A: Do the 8 way seats have the under thigh extender? I love the 14-way seats. And I got a fat butt and wide hips so confining bolsters on the 18-way would not be comfortable for me, though I do like the rectangular pattern better than the pattern on the 14 way.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
@K-A: Do the 8 way seats have the under thigh extender? I love the 14-way seats. And I got a fat butt and wide hips so confining bolsters on the 18-way would not be comfortable for me, though I do like the rectangular pattern better than the pattern on the 14 way.

No thigh extender. Though I'm 6'5 so they do me no good (my legs are raised too far above where they would be).

Love the seats, considering they have no lumbar support, they're probably the best actual seats I've sat in.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Two questions. Are the 18 way seats standard in the Turbo with premium+ package?

Are front heated seats standard in Turbo with above package?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
18 way heated front seats are standard in the Turbo in the US. No package required.

The entire list of standard equipment is available on the Porsche website

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Are front heated seats standard in Turbo with above package?
Since you already have the answer to your other question, I thought I'd answer this one. Yes, heated front seats are standard on the Turbo.

Cheers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
To switch this into another PDK gear, a similar type of situation (that IMO is of less importance on this car) that would probably have people switching into different elements of the spectrum:

Base seats vs 14 way seats.

I originality wanted the 8 ways because them being free made for me to allocate those funds toward things like AS which I find much more necessary for me. I also prefer the two style mix with alcantara as it's more unique and usually reserved for the more expensive sports car variations. However, when I found out that it unbelievably didn't include lumbar support (I'm sensitive to lumbar support since I'm tall), I spec'd 14 way partial leathers and felt like I was paying $1,440 just for lumbar support (I'd rather get a friggin high quality lumbar support "pillow" if that's the only reason).

I read a review where they said how unbelievably amazing the 8 way seats were and how they're tangible proof that Porsche makes the best seats, perfect formed for humans, and more comfortable and supportive than most ultra crazy gazillion way seats.

So I went and tried them and found them to be very comfortable, and like the special and sporty/luxury vibe the alcantara brings that I'd have even considered paying more for them if they were the more expensive option.

Going back to the 14 ways, I found the lumbar support extender to be so minimal, which is due to the base seat already having such solid lumbar support. Which solidified me on the base seats. This is one that I hope I don't regret, and don't think so as I'm excited for the alcantara/"leather" mix and the no-maintenance but damp wipes care, as well as the savings.

I love the 18 ways but even for my skinny a$$ they felt a little tight. I also didn't know if the fact that its extra aggressive bolsters prevented me from being able to rest my arm on the armrest would become uncomfortable.

Interestingly enough, this falling into the "easy to digest for the mass consumer, easy to sell, therefore we'll recommend it", some SA's tried to sell me on it. But a couple told me to "not bother" with the upgrades because "90+% of people get the 8 Way seats and Porsche makes the best seats, so it's all you need".

I just get 14-way so I can add on the comfort lighting :D hahaha Don't forget electric steering column :p

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I just get 14-way so I can add on the comfort lighting :D hahaha Don't forget electric steering column :p

Haha. You can actually get comfort lighting with 8 ways too! But the lumbar support certainly doesn't hurt, even though the base seats are already so good.

Yeah the steering column too. But for me it's okay since I'm the only one who drives the car :D . Plus, the manual column will save a few lbs.... just another 1K or so lbs to go to reach the 911! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Haha. You can actually get comfort lighting with 8 ways too! But the lumbar support certainly doesn't hurt, even though the base seats are already so good.

Yeah the steering column too. But for me it's okay since I'm the only one who drives the car :D . Plus, the manual column will save a few lbs.... just another 1K or so lbs to go to reach the 911! :D
No way! haha. I don't wanna say im 1000% sure but when buying my first Macan and second Macan, I've already asked many times, and way too many attempts turn me down for getting comfort lighting in a 8 way seat in US. Some thought they could do it for me, then afterwards they told me they couldn't do it without atleast 14-way seat because of blah blah.. something with the additional memory setting of steering column and lighting memories.

If you find out for sure you can add comfort lighting on 8-way seats in US i'll be mindblown, and you'll have to let me know so I can go yell at some people LOL.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
No way! haha. I don't wanna say im 1000% sure but when buying my first Macan and second Macan, I've already asked many times, and way too many attempts turn me down for getting comfort lighting in a 8 way seat in US. Some thought they could do it for me, then afterwards they told me they couldn't do it without atleast 14-way seat because of blah blah.. something with the additional memory setting of steering column and lighting memories.

If you find out for sure you can add comfort lighting on 8-way seats in US i'll be mindblown, and you'll have to let me know so I can go yell at some people LOL.

Dude I ordered it and have on my own car with the 8 Way Alcantara seats! :D Does the configurator not let you do it? I heard some people had issues with that, now that you mention it. The time I believe I might have heard about it, was after I ordered mine. Maybe I just lucked out and they changed it, lol?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dude I ordered it and have on my own car with the 8 Way Alcantara seats! :D Does the configurator not let you do it? I heard some people had issues with that, now that you mention it. The time I believe I might have heard about it, was after I ordered mine. Maybe I just lucked out and they changed it, lol?

lmao I see, you have it on your car....... Great. Yea the dealer configuration won't let them submit it, they said its only in conjunction with either 14 way or 18 way power seats. Anyways I guess you can, I think its less likely that they've changed their policy or they built you something impossible haha. When was your production month?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
lmao I see, you have it on your car....... Great. Yea the dealer configuration won't let them submit it, they said its only in conjunction with either 14 way or 18 way power seats. Anyways I guess you can, I think its less likely that they've changed their policy or they built you something impossible haha. When was your production month?
It was October. But now that you mention it, I remember someone saying they had an issue as well. Either I lucked out and they changed it right after my order or there's some glitch in the builder now. Love the "leather/alcantara" seats, I gotta say.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts