Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have one complaint if you want to call it that. It's nearly impossible to absorb the options and packages when you are shopping, especially used. I think to someone who doesn't really study it all, it would be easy to miss a few things. I've been at this for over a week and seen just about everything. One a side note, you can't help but wonder what some were thinking when they originally ordered their car?

When I narrowed my choices down, I began comparing "options" and build sheets, I realized I almost sold myself short.

I have to confirm this, and I will do so tomorrow, but it looks like there is a sub-option to remove within the premium package plus, that allows one to opt out of one of the items within the package. This was a new one for some salespeople I have been talking to because I found a few PP+ without something.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have one complaint if you want to call it that. It's nearly impossible to absorb the options and packages when you are shopping, especially used. I think to someone who doesn't really study it all, it would be easy to miss a few things. I've been at this for over a week and seen just about everything. One a side note, you can't help but wonder what some were thinking when they originally ordered their car?
Agree 100%. At least when you are doing your own build you have a list to more or less to choose from. I was buying used and casually shopping for 6 months looking at all models. The list of options is crazy. For the last 6-8 weeks I limited my search to the GTS and Turbo model. In part because of the additional HP and in part because the included options / features are more extensive. For the last month I focused on Turbos, more or less thinking I'm retired, what am I waiting for? Since the base Turbo has most of the options that were really important to me it made it simpler to look for the car with the remain choices that were more important to me, color, wheels, length of warranty / CPO, mileage, year.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am searching for a 2017/2018 GTS or a turbo and the spreadsheets that I had to create to compare options between cars is comical. I feel your pain.

Even when I separate ‘must haves’ from ‘nice to haves’ It is still hard because there are always nuances.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS -White W/Black-Red Leather Int. Spyder Wheels Blk W/SC
31 Posts
I am searching for a 2017/2018 GTS or a turbo and the spreadsheets that I had to create to compare options between cars is comical. I feel your pain.

Even when I separate ‘must haves’ from ‘nice to haves’ It is still hard because there are always nuances.
I too am confused with the plethora of combos when configuring. One that stands out is the fact the PP+ has Heated (front and rear seats) as part of the package when you already get heated front seats as standard equipment and should only add rear heated seats. Is the heat better in the PP+ version of the front seats? O___o

·
Super Moderator
3,350 Posts
Agree 100%. At least when you are doing your own build you have a list to more or less to choose from. I was buying used and casually shopping for 6 months looking at all models. The list of options is crazy. For the last 6-8 weeks I limited my search to the GTS and Turbo model. In part because of the additional HP and in part because the included options / features are more extensive. For the last month I focused on Turbos, more or less thinking I'm retired, what am I waiting for? Since the base Turbo has most of the options that were really important to me it made it simpler to look for the car with the remain choices that were more important to me, color, wheels, length of warranty / CPO, mileage, year.
I looked for a bit over a year, focusing only on the Turbo model. There was no Turbo PP at that time - like 400HP isn't "enough".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all,

I have about two weeks to my Lock Date. Could use some input.

Re CD not in 2021 audio setups? Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I seem to vaguely recall having come across it...Did I read somewhere that the 2021 builds do not allow for a CD? Digital music coming over the satellite tends to be compressed and I love the clear depth of a CD. IF a CD slot does not come, what have folks done to add such without voiding warranties?

This is my build. Welcome comments! Love the forum! I had a 2017 GTS but I decided to trade it in because I wanted Sport Chrono, LCA/LKA, LED Headlights and Surround View, not to mention something more than the Bose (the Bose didn't do it for me, I am hoping the Burmester will...). Love the GTS. For me, it's been a phenomenal ownership experience that I look forward to continuing.

I am in the Northern VA area. Welcome recommendations on after-market audio solutions if any folks here think Burmester won't cut it either. Thank you all!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi all,

I have about two weeks to my Lock Date. Could use some input.

Re CD not in 2021 audio setups? Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I seem to vaguely recall having come across it...Did I read somewhere that the 2021 builds do not allow for a CD? Digital music coming over the satellite tends to be compressed and I love the clear depth of a CD. IF a CD slot does not come, what have folks done to add such without voiding warranties?

This is my build. Welcome comments! Love the forum! I had a 2017 GTS but I decided to trade it in because I wanted Sport Chrono, LCA/LKA, LED Headlights and Surround View, not to mention something more than the Bose (the Bose didn't do it for me, I am hoping the Burmester will...). Love the GTS. For me, it's been a phenomenal ownership experience that I look forward to continuing.

I am in the Northern VA area. Welcome recommendations on after-market audio solutions if any folks here think Burmester won't cut it either. Thank you all!
Not sure if this helps, but the ‘21 Macan has slots for SD cards each of which can hold the contents of many CDs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but the ‘21 Macan has slots for SD cards each of which can hold the contents of many CDs.
Ahhhh - technology. Clearly I am a late adopter. I guess the world is trying to nudge me forward. OK that helps, thank you. Appreciate that very much.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Has anyone tried transferring the music held on SACD and/or DVD-A disks to an SACD card? Just wondering if it works and if so what would be the best way to do the transfer?

201 - 211 of 211 Posts