Porsche Macan Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
It was October. But now that you mention it, I remember someone saying they had an issue as well. Either I lucked out and they changed it right after my order or there's some glitch in the builder now. Love the "leather/alcantara" seats, I gotta say.

Well yea that's a steal haha. Glad you were able to get it. Yea alcantara 8-way are great, I switch between my 14-way full leather and the 8-way alcantara every other day and I have to say 8-way have its benefits over all others, first of all, its less cold, and its also less hot, for either extremity of weathers. I find myself using heated seat way less when using alcantara (don't have ventilated on either so can't comment) Def, more resistance to scratches and smudges.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I know that 91 octane is the required minimum fuel for both engines.Has anyone seen a difference in performance using 93 octane,of course top tier brands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Confort Lighting with 8-way seats

It was October. But now that you mention it, I remember someone saying they had an issue as well. Either I lucked out and they changed it right after my order or there's some glitch in the builder now. Love the "leather/alcantara" seats, I gotta say.
I just got my Macan last week with 8-way seats and comfort lighting package on a car that was ordered in August, so Porsche definitely can deliver this option combination. Personally, I found the based seats to be very comfortable for long trips (I took ED) and happy with how comfort option works on the Macan.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I actually don't mind the wheel gap with 20" wheels. It looks proportionately correct to me. I also like the higher profile because to me it's an SUV before it's a sports car. That this SUV drives like a sports car is just a bonus. But I bought it to be an SUV and the height is suitable for tackling potholes and speedbumps, etc. If I wanted a sports car, I would have bought a Cayman or Carerra and embraced the lower profile.
My thoughts exactly. If I needed Porsche maximum sports attributes I would have opted for a different model. I am in the market for an SUV since I am finished with two passenger sporty cars and sedans/coupes. The Macan with the base suspension is all I need. Now, if I would be tracking, that would be a different story. I just don't need that and have other things to do with my time. Plus, living in SE Michigan, all-season tires and max road clearance is preferred. I might opt for 20" wheels if all seasons could be used but "racy' looks and what it looks like from very specific angles means absolutely nothing to me. Also, if one robs banks for a living I would get the most un-noticeable color and minimal bling-bling as possible. The base suspension would also be adequate given my driving experience in getting from one place to the next without any mishaps.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
A big plus one on the 20" tires , SUV profile and utility . I wanted a small utility vehicle and that's why I bought the Macan . I will next buy , Boxter S to fulfill my whim for a fun , low profile sans SUV wheel gap , sports car .

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm sorry K-A, but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. SA's are not out to "get" us. Granted, some are better than others, but there is no Porsche dealer worldwide sales conspiracy.

I respect everyone's opinion on builds, but your propaganda is getting out of hand.

Me thinks that an SA or SAs got the better of KA numerous times in the past.

What I am doing now is research so that when I go into the dealership I will already know what I want. It won't make any difference what the SA's preferences will be. When one is considering the purchase of a $65,000 - $100,000 machine one should already know what one wants. The internet is the greatest thing since the Colt revolver and the Winchester rifle "Won The West". I will win for me in the new car showroom.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I'm sorry K-A, but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. SA's are not out to "get" us. Granted, some are better than others, but there is no Porsche dealer worldwide sales conspiracy.

I respect everyone's opinion on builds, but your propaganda is getting out of hand.

What I am doing now is research so that when I go into the dealership I will already know what I want. It won't make any difference what the SA's preferences will be. When one is considering the purchase of a $65,000 - $100,000 machine one should already know what one wants. The internet is the greatest thing since the Colt revolver and the Winchester rifle "Won The West". I will win for me in the new car showroom.
Yep . If the chef is good the food will taste good irregardless of the waiter .

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
The Macan OPTIONS thread: Info, Pros & Cons

Holy old thread bring up.

SA's have never got one one on me. Because I know to not listen to them for my own needs past the simple stuff. SA's have always got me the best deals attainable because they know I come prepared and confident, in fact.

I wanted the Macan to be a sporty Porsche sized to look somewhat like an SUV for necessary fitment purposes. Or like a "Porsche version of an SUV". So little wheel gap and sportiest exterior achieved that perfectly for me. Personally if I wanted an SUV with an off road wheel gap I'd get a Jeep or something. So we all see this car in different ways because it's capable as such. I think it can be optioned to pacify your sports car AND utility side. And raising the handling capabilities and lowering the center of gravity of an SUV isn't only about enhancing fun track factor (which it does too) but imo for comfort as well as better on road and safety inspiring performance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
...Some people option the 3-zone because the black hole looks fugly, some people option it because they want the additional air vents for the rear passengers.
One thing to note is that there are already rear air vents under the front seats that blows air out to the rear.
-98base
Are we 100% sure of this?
I read on the web the there aren't standard air vents under the front seats...
Does someone can confirm? Many thanks...

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Comfort interior lighting is not on my configurator. I have this option on my Boxster. I ordered Macan S with 14 way seats, premium package, Navi and Tan/black partial leather. Is the comfort lighting included? Or do I have to ask the SA separately (like the QH1 code) ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Comfort interior lighting is not on my configurator. I have this option on my Boxster. I ordered Macan S with 14 way seats, premium package, Navi and Tan/black partial leather. Is the comfort lighting included? Or do I have to ask the SA separately (like the QH1 code) ?

Comfort Lighting is standard for MY17 in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help me decide on Build Please!!!!

Help me decide which Build to Chose:

All within a few thousand miles from each other and all the same color.

2016 Turbo 7500 miles

Leather Black
Piano Black Interior
Steel with PASM
Sports Chrono
Premium Plus
Comfort Lighting
Walnut interior
Spyder Wheels 20"
Park Assist

2nd Build

2015 Turbo 6000 miles
Leather Agate Grey Interior
Air Suspension with PASM
Premium Package
21" Sport Classic Wheels
Roof Rails in Black
Park Assist
Trailer Hitch
Carbon Fiber Interior

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
It really depends on what your personal needs and likes are. If it were me I would go with the 2016 Turbo. It's one model year newer. I like the options unless it is a walnut interior . You listed both walnut and piano black. I missed the exterior color of the cars but I'm sure they're fine unless the exterior is a color like Mahagony that will clash with the interiors. It doesn't bother me that the 16 doesn't have AS. But again, it depends on what YOU need and like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I say the '15 no doubt and being that it should be at a lower price, makes it imo a no brainer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the the pricing is as follows:

2016: $70,800 + shipping from Illinois to NY
2015: $72,988

Here are the actual builds:

Macan Turbo 2015
Agate Grey Metallic
Leather Interior in Agate Grey
Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball
Roof Rails in Black
Carbon Fiber Interior Package
Carbon Fiber Side Blades
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
Tinted LED Taillights
Smoking Package
Premium Package Plus
Comfort Lighting Package
Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)
21" Sport Classic Wheels in Black

2016 Turbo

Agate Grey Metallic