Porsche Macan Forum banner

441 - 448 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Some deadening today...too. All doors... Tried to follow your photos here, but I'm sure I didn't do as well. In any case, the sound is much better. Reduced vibration significantly at doors, which is fine for me. When I close the doors now, they even sound different... nicer... more solid (when closing). Does that happened to you as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went a little more aggressive than you. But yes. The sound quality of door closures will definitely improve as a result. You're getting rid of a lot of parasitic resonances in the door system by applying deadening material. At the expense of some weight of course.

Ge0

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Some deadening today...too. All doors... Tried to follow your photos here, but I'm sure I didn't do as well. In any case, the sound is much better. Reduced vibration significantly at doors, which is fine for me. When I close the doors now, they even sound different... nicer... more solid (when closing). Does that happened to you as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your work is impeccable. Nice job.

Ge0

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Well, if you are going to go big. You might as well to all out.

My rear fill speakers were mounted to flimsy little plastic panels. Again, I don't want vibration and buzzing noises coloring my sound. So...

Deaden up the panels

Apply foam to soak up standing waves behind the speaker

Ge0

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

My rear fill speakers were mounted to flimsy little plastic panels. Again, I don't want vibration and buzzing noises coloring my sound. So...

Deaden up the panels

Ge0
Oh... man! Don't make me remove the d-pillar trim again.

Now, again, you are putting some more thoughts in my mind here... I'm now thinking I may have to do this. ;)

Is it really necessary? Did you notice any difference?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Yes I did notice a difference. Vocals coming from the rear fill are now clear. There was this (for lack of a better term) "tin can" sound effect coming from the rear D-Pillars before I deadened them.

HOWEVER, I would not do this until you get your new amp installed. You don't know if you are going to use these speakers yet. You are using rear door speakers. I am not.

The one main advantage I have now is that my amp software allows me to turn all other speakers in the system off and just focus on one at a time. If I hear something funky I can address it. I've been doing this 1 by 1.

Oh, and all that work you did on your front doors will pay off. I get a monstrous amount of midbass out of them now. To the point you can feel the hairs on your leg tingle when you are playing that kick drum solo :).

I am SO happy I went through all this effort. My sound system is far better than it was just a few weeks ago. And all I have done so far is set active crossover points and balanced sub, midbass, midrange, and highs. I haven't even began to mess with equalization or time alignment yet.

Ge0

·
Registered
38 Posts

Deaden up the panels

Ge0
Do you happen to have a link to the foam liner you’re using?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Putin' it all back together most of the way.

No D-pillar installed:

Insert D-Pillars

These risers are going to be important when implementing enhanced false floor

These risers are going to be important when implementing enhanced false floor

Temporarily place these trim pieces back so I can replace sub

Set subwoofer baffle back in place for testing

Ge0

441 - 448 of 448 Posts