Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, my SA called me and said... "What I have to say is worth a call... Your Macan is here". So it was then that excitement began to build.

I drove to the dealer today with my wife and daughter. The Sales Manager (our SA) already waiting for us. My Macan was already in a storage building under roof, which I found to be a good place while I wait for delivery (this Tuesday). As we approached the building, my heart started racing with anticipation (I don't know why, that never happened to me before). Maybe was the fact that this is my first Porsche.

When the door opened, it was then that I understood all the feelings people here in this forum had been describing all along. This car has a unique presence, difficult to describe with words or even with photos or videos.

After ordering my first Macan last June, it was an agate grey one with standard suspension and September delivery, I decided to forgo that one in favor of a new build where I could add PASM and Air Suspension and November delivery. I ended up with a very different Macan, including the color... Rhodium Silver.

I couldn't be happier with my decisions...

The wait was long and though, and at one point I thought it was going to be in the Body Shop forever, as I saw car after car go past mine for more than a month. But all that, forgotten in an instant today.

So without further ado, I present you all to my Rhodium Silver Macan S...

ImageUploadedByAG Free1416680447.013167.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1416680477.931991.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1416680498.881589.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1416680513.294444.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1416680541.316454.jpg

I got a nice surprise with my build, which I didn't spec nor I was expecting. See if you can find what it is....

(hint: look at the photo of the back, and no, is not the painted rear fascia... That I did ordered)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
A huge congrats!! I noticed immediately before I read your post. Body color spoiler on an S!!! Bizarre. I've looked at a million photos and can't decide which I like better for a white S. I think I like the black slightly better because its different than my Q5. I kind of want everything as different as possible from my current car. But both look good. Again a big congrats you have been maybe the most patient member. Nothing beats silver under flourescent lighting. Stunning!!

Reactions: Santirx

·
Registered
332 Posts
Painted rear spoiler!

It's odd how some of the Macans are coming with the spoiler painted and some are not. Congrats on a great Macan! I look forward to hearing how you like it after you've driven it a bit. I have a Rhodium/Black S on order that should be here in 6 weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats! Seeing it may make the last few days of waiting even worse, though!

I'm guessing you are happy with the body-color rear spoiler, since you went with the painted rear fascia. Seems to fit well.

I'm wondering if there's a rhyme or reason for the painted spoiler, though. My agate build includes black blades, rear fascia, window trim, and roof rails, so I'd be kind of disappointed if the spoiler didn't tie in with the other trim pieces....

They really should give you the choice, IMO.

Glad your wait is (almost) over!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is how it sounds...

It made the building reverberate...

It certainly put a smile in my face... :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Santirx this is very nice! I read your posts with interest especially those you wrote while your Macan spent a month at the body shop. Your write-up today about seeing your Macan the first time was really enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Spectacular! I just lived vicariously through you for a moment there. Mine doesn't arrive until the end of January, so I've tried to just forget about it for now, but there is an element of excitement and also anxiety in the wait and I just felt really excited for you reading your post. She looks and sounds fantastic!

Congrats and enjoy every minute...these moments are part of what makes life so grand.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
S sounds awesome wow, thx for posting. @Raneleigh we could be on the same boat we will have to keep an eye out. I have a late Jan ETA at the dealer also. When does your car enter the body shop? Mine locked on 11/17.

·
Registered
525 Posts
S sounds awesome wow, thx for posting. @Raneleigh we could be on the same boat we will have to keep an eye out. I have a late Jan ETA at the dealer also. When does your car enter the body shop? Mine locked on 11/17.

Got mine at BHP. It locked on 10/24 and is due on 1/31. I missed a 1/15 due date because I waited a day or two too long to commit. I have no info from my SA and haven't reached out either. I wonder if I should ask him what stage it's in now since it has been almost a month since the lock date? In our last conversation, he told me he'd keep me posted on it's progress, but I didn't really know what that meant at the time and just figured I'd hear from him some time in January. Where did you order yours from?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got mine at BHP. It locked on 10/24 and is due on 1/31. I missed a 1/15 due date because I waited a day or two too long to commit. I have no info from my SA and haven't reached out either. I wonder if I should ask him what stage it's in now since it has been almost a month since the lock date? In our last conversation, he told me he'd keep me posted on it's progress, but I didn't really know what that meant at the time and just figured I'd hear from him some time in January. Where did you order yours from?

Ask your SA for a screenshot of your schedule. If it had locked, you should have one. In the schedule you will find all milestone dates... You can use those dates to ask for updates. That's how I always knew where I was. But I had to ask.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Congrats! Seeing it may make the last few days of waiting even worse, though!

I'm guessing you are happy with the body-color rear spoiler, since you went with the painted rear fascia. Seems to fit well.

I'm wondering if there's a rhyme or reason for the painted spoiler, though. My agate build includes black blades, rear fascia, window trim, and roof rails, so I'd be kind of disappointed if the spoiler didn't tie in with the other trim pieces....

They really should give you the choice, IMO.

Glad your wait is (almost) over!

RE: Painted spoiler, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, 95% of SUV/Crossovers have body color. Start looking when your out. RX-350 is one of the few that frequently has black. I've seen the Agate color spoiler it looks great, it won't look out of place in the slightest with your build. I actually think it looks more expensive. Hard to judge differences without seeing two Macans of the same color side by side - with and without black.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Now we know what kept it at the body shop for so long.... painting the spoiler!

Looks awesome, congrats.

I'd consider yourself very lucky with the painted spoiler. Kind of odd how a couple of guys' here shipped with them. Seems like a nice mistake (if you want it) on the production line.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Very nice- and congrats on waitng for why you really wanted...that must have been hard to pass on the first one.

I love your description on first seeing it and will have to hang on to that until my moment in April.

Tuesday!?!. No sleep for you. Are you "nesting" - getting the garage ready?

Steve

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Now we know what kept it at the body shop for so long.... painting the spoiler!

Looks awesome, congrats.

I'd consider yourself very lucky with the painted spoiler. Kind of odd how a couple of guys' here shipped with them. Seems like a nice mistake (if you want it) on the production line.

Hard for me to believe the spoiler is a mistake. I've seen at least 10 Macans this way now. In the past it only would come with SD pack which is a very rare build. A more likely mistake would be SD showing up with black since every single other Macan config comes standard with the black. There must be a supply issue with the black or some other problem.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts