1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTS is on this baby is your car?
Departed Emden early 3/19/2020.
Due Davisville this Sunday, 3/29. Then off to JAXPORT! ?

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is ridiculously exciting! When is it expected to arrive? How are you feeling about the process thus far? ?
Exciting and a little obsessive! :D
the process is slow, but I’m not going to complain because some waited twice as long.

My baby will enter the country through JAXPORT FL and is scheduled to arrive at the dealership April 17. The have to send it for tint and PPF. I told my SA I don’t want to see her until she is ready for me to drive home... but that’ll go right out the window the moment he calls me and says “It’s in!”

·
Registered
309 Posts
Exciting and a little obsessive! :D
the process is slow, but I’m not going to complain because some waited twice as long.

My baby will enter the country through JAXPORT FL and is scheduled to arrive at the dealership April 17. The have to send it for tint and PPF. I told my SA I don’t want to see her until she is ready for me to drive home... but that’ll go right out the window the moment he calls me and says “It’s in!”
Haha completely understandable. I'm genuinely excited for you, and can certainly understand your feelings towards the situation. As someone who used to live in Ohio, I'm curious, are Macan's quite popular where you are in North Carolina?

Sounds like you've got yourself a top-notch sales associate too, I'm sure they're just as excited as you are - the window tint will look brilliant too - wise choice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine's on a ship right now too. Unfortunately the ship has been held over a week outside a Canadian port (the stop before the US). Everything is so screwed up right now. Good luck to you! Hopefully we both get them.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine's on a ship right now too. Unfortunately the ship has been held over a week outside a Canadian port (the stop before the US). Everything is so screwed up right now. Good luck to you! Hopefully we both get them.
According to my Export Schedule, your car is on the Hoegh Bandkok, which is due in Halifax NS on April 4 and Danville RI on April 6. It’s not stopping in JAXPORT, only Houston and Veracruz.

·
Registered
32 Posts
According to my Export Schedule, your car is on the Hoegh Bandkok, which is due in Halifax NS on April 4 and Danville RI on April 6. It’s not stopping in JAXPORT, only Houston and Veracruz.
No it's on Siem Cicero. Was due in March 19 to Halifax and in RI the 23rd. Currently, it's sitting outside the port in Halifax driving around in circles at 2 knots and has been there for over a week. I think Canada isn't letting them land. In the meantime, of course, the situation in the US has been deteriorating. I have a sense these ships are going to end up back in Europe. I think the ports are operating on limited capacity and are prioritizing essential goods. Between the EPA hold up and now this, I think these cars are cursed!

·
Super Moderator
8,329 Posts
No it's on Siem Cicero. Was due in March 19 to Halifax and in RI the 23rd. Currently, it's sitting outside the port in Halifax driving around in circles at 2 knots
They are looking for 500 barrels of clorox to wipe down every part of every car ;)

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it's on Siem Cicero. Was due in March 19 to Halifax and in RI the 23rd. Currently, it's sitting outside the port in Halifax driving around in circles at 2 knots and has been there for over a week. I think Canada isn't letting them land. In the meantime, of course, the situation in the US has been deteriorating. I have a sense these ships are going to end up back in Europe. I think the ports are operating on limited capacity and are prioritizing essential goods. Between the EPA hold up and now this, I think these cars are cursed!
Wow, quite some delay! I wonder what happens when the Hoegh Bandkok rolls in. Maybe these cars are cursed. If it is a CAN thing, I wish they'd unload the Halifax and Danville cars in Danville and continue on, so as not to delay all the other shipments. But since they haven't done that, it probably means they cannot. Please share a vessel tracking pic if you have one.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha completely understandable. I'm genuinely excited for you, and can certainly understand your feelings towards the situation. As someone who used to live in Ohio, I'm curious, are Macan's quite popular where you are in North Carolina?

Sounds like you've got yourself a top-notch sales associate too, I'm sure they're just as excited as you are - the window tint will look brilliant too - wise choice!
It is hard to say if they are particularly popular. It's like when you meet a friend with a certain car or an existing friend buys a new car, you notice that vehicle model everywhere thereafter. In my building at work (with mostly engineers), there are two Macans. Of course there are a lot of pickup trucks and 2-3 911's. What about in you neck of the woods?

·
Registered
309 Posts
It is hard to say if they are particularly popular. It's like when you meet a friend with a certain car or an existing friend buys a new car, you notice that vehicle model everywhere thereafter. In my building at work (with mostly engineers), there are two Macans. Of course there are a lot of pickup trucks and 2-3 911's. What about in you neck of the woods?
How fascinating indeed. Suffice it to say that Macan's (and Porsche in general) are quite popular here in Melbourne (Australia). Admittedly, most of the Macan's that you see on the road are usually the safer colours (black, white, grey & silver), haha something I obviously wanted to avoid by choosing Mamba Green.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And you thought I was joking. Lot of cars on a RORO. That’s not an accident.
You think they are actually disinfecting every car? Seems a bit silly since they have been on the boat for almost 2 weeks. Way longer than the 9 days COVID-19 can last on metal per studies. If anything, I'd think they'd be worried about the humans transporting them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, it was scheduled to arrived in Halifax on the 27th, so perhaps they're disinfecting or quarantining the vehicles on board? Either way, this is ridiculously exciting - surely not long now!
Was scheduled to arrive on 3/19. So it's now 10 days late. My theory is that they are prioritizing essential goods through the port, which seems slammed. Or they may be forcing the crew to quarantine. But, in any event, burning a lot of fuel sitting out there. Let's get these cars down to Rhode Island!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Was scheduled to arrive on 3/19. So it's now 10 days late. My theory is that they are prioritizing essential goods through the port, which seems slammed. Or they may be forcing the crew to quarantine. But, in any event, burning a lot of fuel sitting out there. Let's get these cars down to Rhode Island!
Ah, I see. Heck, at least yours is built! Mine was due to start production mid April, with a July delivery. Given the current factory closure (in addition to the current climate), I'll definitely have to practice immense patience. Not to worry, you'll be driving your Macan soon - enjoy in great health!

1 - 20 of 147 Posts