Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
My question would be: "what's displayed on the MultiFunction display in map or navigation mode".
I'm 99% sure the answer will be the PCM's classic navigation.

The only place listing it cheaper (476$ to 537$) is AliExpress. There's several versions (Android 6 or 7; 1b ram + 16gb storage / 2gb+32gb / 2gb+64gb). Some models seem to always have the aircon controls displayed at the bottom.

BTW I did something similar on my previous GLC (replace the screen with a larger Android one that. If similar, one's better be committed to only using the Android part. Switching back to the PCM means clicking on the icon to get back to it + changing the audio source. And same when switching back to Android.
Did you noticed any degradation in audio quality when you made the swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I am wondering:
1) Is this reversible ? I am still under warranty and this upgrade could cause a debate.
2) is the XM app loaded ?
3) I would loose cd/dvd. Any way to add , not a deal breaker.
4) I have the rear Porsche OEM passenger monitors, effected ?
5) what happens if Porsche upgrade the PCM, from 3.1....as they might after the latest reboot fiasco.
6 are there different versions of the screen available ? Memory and CPU from iNAV.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My questions:

1. Is there audio degradation (is DAC similar to OEM?)

2. Does this head unit do any type of audio processing or does it just passthru audio for the Bose to do the audio processing?

3. Does the CarPlay dongle degrades audio quality?

4. There are some car settings you set at PCM. What PCM features are lost, in regards to car configuration?

5. Are the steering wheel controls retained? I.e. volume up/down, phone controls, if I setup multifunction button to advance songs, etc.

6. How about tactile touchscreen function, is it smooth or is it as horrible as the PCM3.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
For Number2,
I believe this is running Android 10. If you check that there is a new DSP section with a big Eq. It is in one of the install videos.

·
Registered
981 Posts
There is also this one in aliexpress.com...

·
Registered
22 Posts
My question would be: "what's displayed on the MultiFunction display in map or navigation mode".
I'm 99% sure the answer will be the PCM's classic navigation.
That would not bother me in the PCM, classic NAV, it’s kind a cool ......if it ever use it :)
I'm using it all the time. I rarely input new destinations, and the MFD is a very handy way to quickly select my most common destinations. I can barely look at it and use it (I look at it twice quickly: once to check I'm in the correct menu, and once to scroll to the exact destination after a guess-scroll). Hands on the steering wheel, and eyes on the road.
I like how fast and convenient it is, and having the map in the dash cluster.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You'd probably lose:

360° Parking View
HD Radio
Proximity Sensor Alerts
Sirius XM
Sport Chrono Performance Display

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts