Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I doubt the Macan will come with a terrain selector, the traction management from the Cayenne will definitely make the jump to Macan. Both those brands you mentioned Jeep and LR come from a strong off roading history, even though 99% of Range Rovers or Evoques have never even driven on grass, while Jeeps have quickly morphed into the edgier SUV choice if fed up with Hondas and Toyotas. In Jeeps too terrain controls and locking diffs have become superfluous considering thier most rigorous workout is abusing speed bumps at the local mall.

Porsche comes from a racing and performance back ground so i expect Macan to show up the battle with those weapons in hand. There is just no way Porsche can compete with Jeep or LR in off road pedigree, so instead of having the Macan caught out of its element Porsche will focus on giving us as much 911 as they can in a $50k SUV. And that I am ok with...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I doubt the Macan will come with a terrain selector, the traction management from the Cayenne will definitely make the jump to Macan. Both those brands you mentioned Jeep and LR come from a strong off roading history, even though 99% of Range Rovers or Evoques have never even driven on grass, while Jeeps have quickly morphed into the edgier SUV choice if fed up with Hondas and Toyotas. In Jeeps too terrain controls and locking diffs have become superfluous considering thier most rigorous workout is abusing speed bumps at the local mall.

Porsche comes from a racing and performance back ground so i expect Macan to show up the battle with those weapons in hand. There is just no way Porsche can compete with Jeep or LR in off road pedigree, so instead of having the Macan caught out of its element Porsche will focus on giving us as much 911 as they can in a $50k SUV. And that I am ok with...
I agree, there's no way we'll see anything in the Macan that's on the level Range Rovers and Jeeps are on, but we'll see the typical traction control and terrain options, very mild ones.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well the PTM is the porsche terrain system. I think we should be able to see something similar in the Macan. It might not control as many factors of the car but it should at least adjust throttle sensitivity and play with the traction control settings and limits.

·
Registered
247 Posts
what kind of luxury SUV/SUV cars don't have terrain settings? I'd say most of them do.

They do, but most of them are superfluous surface systems nothing i would actually count on in a serious off road situation.

I dont know if any of you played sports with rich kids growing up, maybe some of you were the rich kids, but the rich kids ALWAYS had the latest greatest and fanciest gear regardless of skill level. Thats what this reminds me off, the macan will get some fancy features but they will be way beyond the Macans actual capabilities and simply a new piece of gear for the rich kid to have.

Same as the hip university students I see walking near the office in thier mountaineering boots and adventure back packs. These kids arent climbing mountains, they take elevators...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.