Porsche Macan Forum banner

Taking the Macan to the German Autobahn

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TraceyW 
#1 ·
Earlier this week I was close to the German border, so I decided to take a few extra minutes to drive the Macan on the Autobahn. As I can't stop thinking of my dear fellow MF members, and since those of you that took European delivery could not enjoy a broken-in Macan on those wonderful highways, I took a little video for your enjoyment (btw, it's amazing the nice little videos one can do in a few minutes with a smartphone these days). I wish I had known the road and the weather had been better in order to push the car a bit more, but it was anyway great to get a taste of what a joy the car can be not having to keep an eye on the speedometer at all times in order to avoid the low and strictly and severely enforced speed limits we have in Switzerland.

In a few words, the car provides an exciting experience in full acceleration, with PSE contributing a good deal of the excitement, feels greatly planted at high speeds (much better than my previous A6 Sport Line, which had firmer and lower suspension compared to the standard model), and if it accelerates well it brakes even better. The only lowlight is that in Sport mode the gearshifts happen a bit too early, leaving you wanting a little more.

https://youtu.be/j9a7AckOQyI

#6 ·
Thanks for the video. While in Germany I enjoyed the Autobahn as well, at the end of the trip spending over an hour at 150 km/hr plus, usually cruising at 170-180. The top speed I saw was 200, might have been more on occasion, but that was what I noticed. I could not believe how planted and in control the Macan feels at those speeds, and absolutely loved the shift from 3rd to 4th under acceleration. The sad thing is I will (likely) never see those speeds again in my Macan in North America

Glad you enjoyed your experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.