Porsche Macan Forum banner

Taking Porsche a month to build my GTS

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  maac 
#1 ·
So… I posted this in someone else thread and don’t want to hijack it.
My build date was on April 25 and it’s estimated completion date is May 22.

What in God’s name are they building? Here’s my Porsche code. The Porsche Code

question for you guys: should I ask my dealer as to what’s going on? I suspect they won’t have an answer, hence my post here.
Thanks all

#3 ·

question for you guys: should I ask my dealer as to what’s going on? I suspect they won’t have an answer, hence my post here.
Thanks all
Nothing you can do nor your SA. Finger cross it would complete in coming week. It should have already finished as it normally takes 6 to 8 days

#5 ·

Thanks all
We have some similarities in the build. One month is not unusual. It’s quite typical.

#7 ·

Thanks all
Mine took over a month to build as well then just sat there for 3 weeks then went to port and has been sitting for almost a month. Hopefully will really actually be put on a ship 5/12. It was originally supposed to be at the dealer 4/23. Seems like this is how things are going. To put it into perspective, new Ford F-250’s are taking 6 months to a year to get so it’s not just a Porsche issue. It doesn’t make it any more tolerable. I’m actually past caring about it. It’ll be here when it gets here. I’ve almost moved on and put it out of my mind mostly. It’s exhausting getting one’s hopes up.

#8 ·
Am I false hoping to expect my GTS which just arrived at the port yesterday magically be loaded on San Martin Vehicle carrier that is currently loading up at Emden port? LOL. I am looking at that vehicle carrier, it still moored at Emden but satellite image looks like it is loading up now. Histroy indicates it usually stays at Emden for 3.5 days, so I hope I will see my GTS will be on sail around 5/10 OR, there is SIEM CONFUCUIS heading to Emden port. LOL

#10 ·
thanks all for the response. Looks like the tracker is not really all that reliable. The car will get here when it gets here.

It's not a big deal for me, but just found it odd that the build will take nearly a month. I was just concerned that something was wrong (or somehow the car would be made at a subpar standard)

#13 ·
Well you may just be receiving the mother of all GTS'!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I am a bit biased though as mine is also chalk with a Bordeaux interior :D

Yes I suppose we just have to know that the car will get here when it's here. This wait is just hard though .. I had a dream a couple nights ago I was taking early delivery of mine and that's what brought me back to this forum 😂 BTW your build is super beautiful and will be well worth this wait.

#14 ·
I really need to find Volkswagen Export schedule 14/2023, 13/2023 schedule can be found on the Internet, showing SIEM CONFUCIUS won't stop at Houston port, any other vehicle carriers left Emden port already without loading my GTS. I am getting anxious my GTS would be another one could sitting at Emden port for weeks or a month. :(

#18 ·
We saw this last year, multple members posting cars taking 3 or 4 months (mostly higher end 911) and NOT fun at all . Hang in there, it WILL be done and you'll luv it once you receive it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.