Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Porsche Macan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been looking for someone to code my car so that the tail lights turn on even during daytime, as daytime running lights. My 2021 Macan was totalled because some guy "didn't see me". So this is something I've been wanting to do on my 2022 Macan.

I'm in the san francisco bay area and so far I've had no luck with dealerships (Redwood City and Stevens Creek) and tuning shops (BR Racing and Sharkswerk). And spending thousands of dollars on a PIWIS(?) just for this is not practical...

Would appreciate any advice here! thanks

·
Registered
2022 Porsche Macan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha but I also prefer having only the DRL turned on at the front. If I turn the light switch to parking or low beam positions, the positioning lights also turn on, and in the case of the 2022 Macan the front fog/horizontal lights turn on in place of the four-point DRLs when at parking light position

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
haha but I also prefer having only the DRL turned on at the front. If I turn the light switch to parking or low beam positions, the positioning lights also turn on, and in the case of the 2022 Macan the front fog/horizontal lights turn on in place of the four-point DRLs when at parking light position
I have done this in my Macan. Turn it on for a while, then decided to turn off. This also illuminates the instrument cluster when headlights are off…

If you find someone with a LAUNCH X431, you should be able to code with it…. You can actually get a LAUNCH X431 in Amazon for a more affordable price… and you could do a bunch more things with it (including diagnostics).

Code:
System Selection > Front-end Electronics > Coding value--Exterior lighting--Exterior lights, DD lights with marker light = Yes
{Default: No}

·
Registered
2022 Porsche Macan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done this in my Macan. Turn it on for a while, then decided to turn off. This also illuminates the instrument cluster when headlights are off…

If you find someone with a LAUNCH X431, you should be able to code with it…. You can actually get a LAUNCH X431 in Amazon for a more affordable price… and you could do a bunch more things with it (including diagnostics).

Code:
System Selection > Front-end Electronics > Coding value--Exterior lighting--Exterior lights, DD lights with marker light = Yes
{Default: No}
Thank you! amazon order placed for a Launch X431

·
Registered
2022 Porsche Macan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Problem with this approach is…….you go to the dealer for a problem…..numb nut tech just auto codes the car to troubleshoot a problem. Your edit gets wacked…..happens , believe me.

Get your own unit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts