Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created a 1 page PDF to keep on my phone & to print a copy for the glove box to give to any Indy shop that will lift my Macan.

IDK that Indy shops know that they are supposed to turn it off b4 raising the Macan.

Attachments

Reactions: Shark

·
Registered
317 Posts
Honestly, if you have to texplain them that, I'll look for another Indy, any reasonable shop which work on German cars knows about the deactivation of AS before lifting the car, if they don't then they might not know another basics and it will become risky to let them work on your car.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Think it's a great idea. A minority of Macans have AS and they might not immediately notice.

In the past I've turned off the AS when dropping off the car and mentioned it to the indy.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Better safe than sorry but even my local tire shop that gets my winter tires on and off asks me every time if I turned my AS off before they do the service.

·
Registered
274 Posts
We just had new tires installed on ours last week, and I was very concerned over this issue. So I went over the process in great detail with the store manager, who I know personally, who insisted he was going to do the work himself. I put painters tape next to the button and showed him exactly how to do it, and what to look for in the gauge cluster showing it was either on or off. I even created a reminder sign to put on the dash reminding him that it will switch back on if you go over 4 mph pulling it into the bay.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
If you don't trust your indy shop to know how to do this, maybe just disable the auto-leveling yourself when dropping the car off?

Or just use the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2018 Turbo PP, 2018 GTS, 2018 488 GTB
75 Posts
I created a 1 page PDF to keep on my phone & to print a copy for the glove box to give to any Indy shop that will lift my Macan.

IDK that Indy shops know that they are supposed to turn it off b4 raising the Macan.
Thanks for posting. Very useful for us DIY'ers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts