Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if this is a repost, but I have googled and googled and could not find any information on this issue. My Sunroof button on the center console has crapped out just like the driver side window switch. When you pull down to close the sunroof tilt it is jammed and stays in place and has to be manually popped back into place, however I have learned, that you can use the sunroof button, push up to tilt the sunroof tilt, then press the sunroof button to close forward towards the front of the car, just as you are closing the sunroof instead of pulling down on the switch.

Now is it possible to replace just the sunroof button or is the sunroof button comprised of the entire center dome light console? Sunroof button, garage door opener switches, etc? My vehicle is still under warranty until Dec 2022. I tried to get an answer from my dealership which has gone downhill in recent years, my go to SA is no longer working at the organization and the new guy tells me that he doesn't know if the replacement falls under warranty. Keep in mind, previously the dealership was stellar at service, now the new ownership seems to be nickle and dimeing everyone. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Please forgive me if this is a repost, but I have googled and googled and could not find any information on this issue. My Sunroof button on the center console has crapped out just like the driver side window switch. When you pull down to close the sunroof tilt it is jammed and stays in place and has to be manually popped back into place, however I have learned, that you can use the sunroof button, push up to tilt the sunroof tilt, then press the sunroof button to close forward towards the front of the car, just as you are closing the sunroof instead of pulling down on the switch.

Now is it possible to replace just the sunroof button or is the sunroof button comprised of the entire center dome light console? Sunroof button, garage door opener switches, etc? My vehicle is still under warranty until Dec 2022. I tried to get an answer from my dealership which has gone downhill in recent years, my go to SA is no longer working at the organization and the new guy tells me that he doesn't know if the replacement falls under warranty. Keep in mind, previously the dealership was stellar at service, now the new ownership seems to be nickle and dimeing everyone. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
The new ownership is going to make money off your repair. Porsche pays them. I would take the car in under warranty and get the thing fixed. Do not hesitate. Time is running out.

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
Check the wording of your Macan's warranty. I do not recall reading anywhere that switches are exempt from warranty coverage.

Why not check with another Porsche dealership?

As for whether the switch is available separately or as part of an entire assembly, it's NOT your problem. It seems like a reasonable warranty issue.

Good luck!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6-8 weeks for the replacement center dome console, since it's made in Deutschland. I called many dealerships and no one has it in stock. SMH.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So a little update, I called up the dealership that I purchased the car from and they were also recently purchased by a new auto group based out of New England and their service is stellar! There are only two service advisors at this point, but they get stuff done! Replaced the center dome console unit (with the sunroof switch), no questions asked, as well as the passenger side seat sensor recall and PCM update? (I think).

It's next to my work now that I transferred out of the city, I had to wait about 4-5 hours, however, I did get a nice gift bag when it was all said and done, and I went straight to work since going home to wait for 30 mins, then enduring another 30-40 mins of rush hour traffic back, was not logical, I drove straight my work parking lot and reintroduced the COBB remap to the vehicle and all is now well in my Macan world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts