Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
My car was supposed to arrive at a dealership in California US on Jan 28. A about a week before that, the SA told me the car had arrived. But right before I was supposed to pick it up, I was told they put a stop sale related to the software on the emission software on the car. The SA told me "We are still waiting for Germany to determine a fix."

· Registered
424 Posts
That's odd. Whenever I purchase a car, I write them a check the day I collect the car.
Yes, you are correct, however they told me it would take a few days to clear, and the car was to be delivered the next week... so it was only a few days in advance in my mind at the time.. again.. silly me..
I will go this week and ask for my money back.. untill they can find my car ( I say it is in the lower level of the dealership)

· Registered
145 Posts
Yes, you are correct, however they told me it would take a few days to clear, and the car was to be delivered the next week... so it was only a few days in advance in my mind at the time.. again.. silly me..
I will go this week and ask for my money back.. untill they can find my car ( I say it is in the lower level of the dealership)
My dealership was super nice, I paid $8,000 down all in Amex.

· Registered
230 Posts
Yes, you are correct, however they told me it would take a few days to clear
Why wouldn't you do a bank draft so the dealership know it's the real deal and there's no waiting game for it to clear?

My dealership was super nice, I paid $8,000 down all in Amex.
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to put more down for downpayment. I did the $5k that the SA instructed. Would be nice to get more points on my AMEX.

Heck, only if we can pay a car in full by CC...

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just received word about 10 mins ago from a Porsche rep that a solution is coming next week. Let's hope they get this done so I can pick up my new Macan.
Thanks for your update! Next week feels so far away... but it's definitely better than next month, or next year.

I'm going to bug my SA later today to see if this timeline applies to Canada too (or if we need a different emissions-related update).

· Registered
2022 GTS JBM/Bordeaux
8 Posts
My 2022 GTS arrived at the dealer in California on 28-Jan with stop sale hold due to this software issue. I was told it affected all their 2022 Macans. Last week they told me approx 30 days; I checked in today and they didn't have a further update. Can't wait to pick it up!

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
From my SA today— Porsche Canada says that the software has been submitted to EPA Canada, and they are expecting approval and dealership delivery of the software to be the 2nd week of March. However, “…that will be the worst case scenario and [his manager] is positive that we should get it done before that.”

hopefully this is the case, but I’m not sure how they know it will be approved by the govt… if denied, it could be dragged out a fair amount longer.

· Registered
424 Posts
From my SA today— Porsche Canada says that the software has been submitted to EPA Canada, and they are expecting approval and dealership delivery of the software to be the 2nd week of March. However, “…that will be the worst case scenario and [his manager] is positive that we should get it done before that.”

hopefully this is the case, but I’m not sure how they know it will be approved by the govt… if denied, it could be dragged out a fair amount longer.
was / is any one able to confirm if it is just the base model affected - or also the "S" ??

· Registered
1 Posts
It has been discussed in a few other posts, e.g. buried in the "semiconductor shortage" thread, but thought this might deserve a separate thread (mods, please delete if not).

My MY22 Macan showed up at the local dealership (British Columbia, Canada) this past weekend, and is basically ready to go, EXCEPT, I'm told that Porsche Canada has put a stop sale on all MY22 Macans until a software upgrade is available. It seems to be related to emissions, but not much information was available.

My SA was not more helpful than that, other than to say he will let me know when it is ready... This waiting game is killing me slowly!

Apparently ~10 more MY22 Macans are also held up at their dealership waiting for the update.
I am also playing the waiting game here in the US. Completion date was Nov. 25th 2021. I was supposed to receive the car Jan 28th. He told me the update will probably be done that same week, but now he said he cant even tell me when that can be done or give me any new info on this update. 😞

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.