Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 78 Posts

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has been discussed in a few other posts, e.g. buried in the "semiconductor shortage" thread, but thought this might deserve a separate thread (mods, please delete if not).

My MY22 Macan showed up at the local dealership (British Columbia, Canada) this past weekend, and is basically ready to go, EXCEPT, I'm told that Porsche Canada has put a stop sale on all MY22 Macans until a software upgrade is available. It seems to be related to emissions, but not much information was available.

My SA was not more helpful than that, other than to say he will let me know when it is ready... This waiting game is killing me slowly!

Apparently ~10 more MY22 Macans are also held up at their dealership waiting for the update.
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is still on a train heading to Calgary. The build date was Exit factory on November 23, 2021 - but it is a 2022
I did ask my SA about that, he claims mine is fine with no stop order on it.
They say / tell me that the stop order is only on some and is very random, and they do not know why on some and not others..
What was your build completion date ?
Sorry, I don鈥檛 recall the build completion date, but it was on a ship leaving Emden in late December (24th, iirc). Completion must have been late November or December.

As a required software update, that I am told is not yet available, I assume it must apply to all base Macans built to date.
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
my SA tells me it is just the base, althought that may be because most Macans being delivered to the dealerships are base.
in what may be related, my Macan S is lost in transit .. well not lost, but not here .. it was likely on the same ship as the rest of the Macans being delivered.. and the schedule sais it is in the dealership.. they say it is not..
I think it may be at the dealership and they do not want to tell me that I cannot have it, after they have told me there is NOT a stop sale on it..
I hope they find your Macan S soon!

maybe time for a quick pop-in and walk the lot at the dealership :)

My SA was probably trying to find a way to delay letting me know about the stop sale as well鈥

Last weekend, he acknowledged that the Macan arrived last weekend, but it took him 5 days to 鈥渇ind it鈥 on the lot (only after I followed up twice asking for interior pics. Hadn鈥檛 seen the agate in good pics)
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm waiting on the delivery of my Macan Base as well. I was just ready to pick it up and they called and told me it was a no-go due to a Stop Sale. I've gotten no communication on it going forward. They gladly took my deposit though LOL. I'm trying my best to be patient...
So the stop sale extends to US models too?! Oh wow鈥

Also, you鈥檙e lucky they only took a deposit on yours. I traded in a car early to get guaranteed value on the trade (~$50k). They sold my trade over 3 months ago, and will just sit on that money until it applies as credit to our Macan.
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Guys,

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you guys

My Dealer keeps saying my Macan in Vancouver Canada has arrived, but they cant deliver it to me. the original delivery was supposed to be Jan 28, and they don't even respond to me as for the ETA. any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Same dates as mine, which also arrived at the dealer Jan 28th. Fingers crossed that the ECU/emissions issue gets resolved soon.

The reason that your SA is probably not actively reaching out to you is that they probably don't have an actual timeline. It sounds like an ECU coding update is required, but hasn't been finalized yet. I'm sure they have internal expectations and deadlines to roll it out, but wouldn't want to put those dates out to the public to latch onto (in case there are further delays, etc)
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just received word about 10 mins ago from a Porsche rep that a solution is coming next week. Let's hope they get this done so I can pick up my new Macan.
Thanks for your update! Next week feels so far away... but it's definitely better than next month, or next year.

I'm going to bug my SA later today to see if this timeline applies to Canada too (or if we need a different emissions-related update).
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
From my SA today鈥 Porsche Canada says that the software has been submitted to EPA Canada, and they are expecting approval and dealership delivery of the software to be the 2nd week of March. However, 鈥溾hat will be the worst case scenario and [his manager] is positive that we should get it done before that.鈥

hopefully this is the case, but I鈥檓 not sure how they know it will be approved by the govt鈥 if denied, it could be dragged out a fair amount longer.
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
From my SA today鈥 Porsche Canada says that the software has been submitted to EPA Canada, and they are expecting approval and dealership delivery of the software to be the 2nd week of March. However, 鈥溾hat will be the worst case scenario and [his manager] is positive that we should get it done before that.鈥

hopefully this is the case, but I鈥檓 not sure how they know it will be approved by the govt鈥 if denied, it could be dragged out a fair amount longer.
As an update to this --
I got a call from the manager of the dealership this morning saying that they received the updated software (as approved by EPA Canada) today. Apparently our Macan should be ready and available for pick up by the weekend -- as long as there are no technical issues with the software upload to the actual vehicle.
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Same! I contacted my dealer today and received no update. I have no idea when I will be able to pick up my car...so frustrating! It feels like Porsche is being so secretive....does anyone else feel this way?
Just trying to piece it together myself --
But realizing that Porsche is part of the Volkswagen group, and the software issue has to do with the emissions software, I'm wondering if there is added pressure/incentive to keep it quiet following the VW diesel/emissions issue from a few years back. (For anyone interested, Netflix had a great episode of "Dirty Money" about this)

In any case, it seems that Porsche has since cleaned up the software for the MY22 Macans. I'm just hoping that in doing so, they didn't cut power from the engine through updated mapping.
 

Registered
Joined
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
MCB - when was your car delivered to Canada ?
and what is your general location ?
Mine was delivered to Halifax on December 20, and I am still waiting..
Hey Jim,
I鈥檓 on the west coast (Vancouver, BC area). If I recall, it arrived in Halifax arourd December 22nd鈥 a couple of days ahead of the scheduled Dec 24th arrival
 
1 - 16 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top