Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for your reply! Now I feel so dumb for mentioning power steering 'fluid' LOL

Don’t beat yourself up over it, it’s stressful when something breaks, especially on a holiday or weekend when you have to wait for resolution. Let us know what the fix is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 Macan S had a power steering failure, the steering wheel locked and i went off the road and totaled it. Has anyone had this problem or seen this message? “Power steering failed. Increase effort, driving permitted”
If you have please call me. 706-773-5250(US)

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Sorry about the car but never heard of this problem. As Grim pointed there have been loss of assistance but I was responding to your comment of the wheel locking, haven’t heard of that happenings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The battery of my 2015 Porsche Macan S died and I recharged it. After the battery was fully charged, I install it back in to the car. Now the car won't start. Every time I turn the key to start position I will get a message that reads "LOSS OF STEERING SUPPORT. INCREASED PRESSURE. At this point, I don't know what to do. Someone kindly help me. Send me an email to [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Loss of Power Steering Support. Increased Pressure" is the message I get when I try to start my 2015 Macan S. The battery had died and I recharged it too full. After recharging the battery, can won't start.
Can some one help me?

·
Super Moderator
2,029 Posts
Is it possible you meant to state: "Loss of Power Steering Support. Increased Effort"? That would seem more reasonable.

OP - please search the forum to see if your situation has been posted before creating a new thread.

I'm merging this thread with the one created almost 5 years ago.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I would suggest a ECU reset. Completely disconnect the battery negative terminal. Leave it off for 10 minutes. Make sure you battery is up to full charge as your stated. If you let it totally drain it may read 12 volts but not have the cranking power to start the car. After the 10 minutes start car may die after first try. After car starts idle may be rough for a bit.
FYI battery location is in cargo under mat ahead of the spare tire. Access is not easy but you need to disconnect the negative terminal there.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I would suggest a ECU reset. Completely disconnect the battery negative terminal. Leave it off for 10 minutes. Make sure you battery is up to full charge as your stated. If you let it totally drain it may read 12 volts but not have the cranking power to start the car. After the 10 minutes start car may die after first try. After car starts idle may be rough for a bit.
FYI battery location is in cargo under mat ahead of the spare tire. Access is not easy but you need to disconnect the negative terminal there.
He said he had the battery out of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
@wwahl didnt catch that. I’m sure the battery was in the car during discharge. I would still try another disconnect now that power has been restored it’s worth a try now that the ECU has seen some voltage after the total drain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Loss of Power Steering Support. Increased Pressure" is the message I get when I try to start my 2015 Macan S. The battery had died and I recharged it too full. After recharging the battery, can won't start.
Can some one help me?
Hi, I am living in Calgary and had same issue with 2015 Macan S on 16-Jan-2020 with -35 C temperature. I have faced with the warning "loss of steering support, Increased effort" during the running in the road. I was so panic with extremely risk of my lives. The warranty period is already overdue. I really don't know if I have to pay for this. Please advise. Now i am waiting towing service

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just encountered a fault code this morning : Steering support limited, possible to drive as attached below.

any idea what happen ? how to fix ?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
updates:

some shitty thing happened last Friday. After work at office parking lot, after starting the macan another message pop up: loss steering support, increase efforts. Then immediately I notice the wheel becoming extremely heavy. Then I was gonna drive a dealer to check it out, at mid way another message pop up: start/stop deactivated. Then I notice the wheel become uncontrollable.

I ended up towing to the dealer... and one of the techs said it might cost 3k $ to fix the steering support module...
anyone has experienced this? I would be dead if I was on the highway driving 70mph.... I wonder if more people have this problem and might file a recall or something. I know some early sq5 Audi has the same problem where Audi replaced the module.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I am living in Calgary and had same issue with 2015 Macan S on 16-Jan-2020 with -35 C temperature. I have faced with the warning "loss of steering support, Increased effort" during the running in the road. I was so panic with extremely risk of my lives. The warranty period is already overdue. I really don't know if I have to pay for this. Please advise. Now i am waiting towing service
have you solved the issue? I'm having same issue as you do and how much did you get it fixed ?

·
Super Moderator
2,029 Posts
This appears to be an unusual issue with the Macan.

Glad you made it to the dealer OK.

Merging this thread with another, created in 2015...

Check post #5 - steering column control unit was the root cause for that issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar issue but no warning on the dash. Feels like the power steering isn’t working any more. Taking it to the shop in a few days...

61 - 80 of 80 Posts