Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone!

We will be posting Macan customer reviews for our hitch with photos and insights to our product! We hope you all find this to be a helpful resource. Feel free to respond to the thread with any questions you may have as we would love to assist you. You may also contact us via live chat on our website https://stealthhitches.com/ calling us toll-free at 833-MYHITCH (694-4824) or emailing [email protected]. These reviews can be found on our website as well!

Enjoy!
Stealth Hitches

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First Macan Review!! Anonymous

"Great communication

I purchased the hitch for my 2017 Macan GTS over the holidays. Communication from Steve was immediate and even though shipping was a bit delayed, I received many updates throughout the process. He even sent me installation instructions for my specific model. I’ll be installing it in two weeks."

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Review from Daniel B. with PHOTOS!!

"Great Hitch for the Porsche Macan

I recently purchased a new Porsche Macan that did not come with a stock receiver installed. After doing some research I decided to give the Stealth Hitch a try. I couldn’t be more pleased! My local dealer agreed to do the install, the price of the Stealth Hitch and the install was less than the cost of the Porsche receiver NOT installed. Not only was I thrilled, the service department at Porsche also loved this hitch and receiver. With the hitch removed you have no idea that this car has the capability to either tow or rack a set of bikes! Btw- definitely go with the combo package you just never know when you might want to hook up a trailer and we’ll worth the addition $200! The customer service at Stealth Hitch, their online videos and instructions were second to none!"

The first two photos show a below-the-vehicle view of the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached (rack connector or ball mount). The third photo is a higher rear view of the hitch installed, no accessories attached.

Thank you for your kind words and photos, Daniel B.!

Attachments

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryne V. from the US

"Quality engineered and Top-Line product!

I was looking for a good hitch solution for my 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo, primarily for bikes, which also gave me the option for an RV braking trailer. Stealth Hitch customer service provided knowledgeably info on hitches and trailers that helped me understand the benefits of their hitch system. I strongly preferred the invisible look, when not using the hitch, no banging at starts/stops, the high quality of their parts and the fact, unlike most non-OEM hitches, the Stealth Hitch preserves the car's safety crumple zones. I watched much the installation process, which was flawless, and also gave me great re-assurance in the quality of the product (as well as the installation). I have had the bike rack on and it works great. Planning a 400 mile trip to FL beaches with the rack soon and I have confidence in the hitch!"

Safe and fun travels ahead! Thank you, Ryne V.!!

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anonymous Review

"Amazing hitch design - it's so awesome to find an American company doing things so very right!

I spoke with Steve the owner by phone prior to making the purchase. It was evident talking with him that Stealth Hitches clearly has a deep understanding of the automobile industry (e.g., vehicle structures, collision characteristics, NHTSA requirements, the functional and long-term durability requirements of aftermarket production, and the critical importance of overall product design integrity and world-class manufacturing and quality control processes). It is so refreshing to find a company building products in the United States, doing it just like you would (i.e., doing it right - without cutting corners!!!!!), and even being sure to express appreciation for your business! It seems so simple - yet is so very rare and difficult to find anymore! I will not order an OE hitch on any future vehicle that Stealth Hitches manufacturers a product for. The hitch's design, materials, and quality make it worth every penny (even if it didn't have its hidden and removable features) - you'll be delighted with this product purchase! Thank you, Steve!"

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff F. from the US

"Great Hitch for the Macan!

I followed the installation instructions which were clear and complete. It took me less than four hours to install, and I had no issues. The main reason it took that long was being careful on the removal of the bumper cover to make sure that I didn't break anything. Also I found that I did have to remove the rear wheels and support the car on jack stands to have access to all of the screws. The finished hitch is invisible except when the receiver is installed. I use it only for a bike rack, so I did not get the trailer package. It was less than half the cost of the factory hitch parts, and I like that it is not visible except when being used."

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows the rack connector inserted into the hitch.

Thank you, Jeff F.!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
When you order a hitch from Porsche for a Macan as an option what modifications are done to the car in addition to the hitch itself?
Different lower bumper facia To accommodate the receiver which is always visible, a trailer controller, associated wiring and a reprogram of the car’s computer.

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you order a hitch from Porsche for a Macan as an option what modifications are done to the car in addition to the hitch itself?

We build our hitch as closely as possible to the OEM hitch, and the hitch itself is very similar. The difference is Porsche changes the lower part of the fascia to accommodate the visible hitch (square tube receiver). We, in turn, just make an opening under the vehicle that is not visible from the rear of the vehicle. Hitch parts are not visible until detachable pieces (rack connector or ball mount) are inserted for use.

We also give you the option of our harness that controls the trailer lights or the active OEM harness that communicates with the vehicle for added features. The OEM harness requires programming by the dealer.

We hope this helps!

Best,
Stealth Hitches

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robert C. with a Review and Photos!

"2016 Macan Stealth Hitch

I self installed this Hitch and the directions were outstanding, one hint read over the complete directions and then start. It helped me. the only thing I had some trouble with is the additional 2ea. back mounting bolts, you need 2 people to do this task. everything else went as directed by instructions. turned out great and I cant say it looks great because you really can't see anything."

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows the ball mount inserted.

Thank you for the great photos and review, Robert C.!

Attachments

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greg B. from the US

"Awesome Stealth hitch

As advertised, it took about 4 hours to install. Great instructions to follow for my Porsche Macan S. My Porsche dealer wanted $2100 to install a bike carrier hitch only. Less than $500 and a bit elbow crease, the job is done."

The photo shows a bike rack connected to our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Thank you, Greg B.!

Attachments

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan R. from the US

"Very solidly built

I got my hitch installed today, the steps were clear and things went smoothly. This hitch is very solid, every part fit nicely"

Thank you, Dan R.!!

The first photo is of our Stealth Hitch in its packaging. The second photo is mid-install before the hitch is installed.

Attachments

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anonymous Review

"Stealth hitch for bike

This is one of the most durable hitch I've had installed. It's also easy to detach & attach whenever you desire. I have been using this hitch for 2 months on my 2018 Porsche macan. I would highly recommend this product."

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anonymous Review

"Stealthy looking hitch on Porsche Macan
The entire process from purchasing to installing was painless (a bit of work trimming the fascia). I have the Stealth Hitch installed on my Porsche Macan. Since I don't use the hitch very often, it's a great idea that the hitch is hidden when it's not used."

The first photo below is before installing the Stealth Hitch. The second photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The third photo shows our rack connector inserted into the hitch.

Attachments

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Macan GTS Review Bobby D.

"Great Design

The buying experience was great, Steve responded very quickly on what product I needed to order due to the nature of the bumper. The quality and features of the product are superb!"

Thank you Bobby D.!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would echo what was mentioned in the previous post. I purchased the Stealth Hitch on-line after sending a few emails and asking questions. Overall the buying experience was excellent. Got responses to my questions right away, got confirmation messages on the purchase and shipment, and the hitch arrived at my door very quickly and as expected. Great company to work with.

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would echo what was mentioned in the previous post. I purchased the Stealth Hitch on-line after sending a few emails and asking questions. Overall the buying experience was excellent. Got responses to my questions right away, got confirmation messages on the purchase and shipment, and the hitch arrived at my door very quickly and as expected. Great company to work with.
Thank you! We are so happy you are pleased with your experience with us and hope you enjoy your Stealth Hitch!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts