Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

There are two standard features that seemed to have gone away.
1) At 7th gear, if you upshift twice you can go into engine cruise mode
2) Auto start stop hasn't activated once ever since I had the Cobb tune. It has been about 4 months already which seems odd.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Auto start stop has been disabled on my car since day 1 I got it from my dealer. I hate that feature. BTW, I don't think that works if you are driving on Sport or Sport+ modes with or without Cob.

·
Super Moderator
3,213 Posts
Coasting mode only activates when start/stop is enabled. So what you have is one issue.
...and cruise control must be OFF as well...

Or, drive with CC enabled, then when you come to a downhill stretch knock off the CC and upshift - again assuming Stop/Start is enabled (light OFF)
and Sport or Sport+ modes are disabled (button lights OFF).

;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
No such experience @n0blesse so I assume it is the following below:

You must have Gen 1 Macan since COBB only available for Gen 1 (2015 - 2018) so let's start there so others are not confused since Auto Start/Stop works differently with Gen 2 thinking it will always reset to ON on Restart, so:

1) Coasting has to have appropriate conditions to activate so it is not a given every time you want to engage it manually. One of the requirements is that Auto Start/Stop is ON (meaning button is not lit since when it is lit then it is OFF)
2) I have 2016 and Auto Start/Stop is not reset to ON every time you start the car, meaning if you set it to ON it will be ON or when you set it to OFF it will be OFF all the time. Therefore, check to be sure that the button is NOT lit meaning it is ON and it will engage when again appropriate conditions are met with (A) icon on the dash telling you when it is not ready (yellow and crossed) or when it is on (green).

I have been using COBB a long time and I use Coasting all the time so I only engage Auto Start/Stop to ON when I need to Coast, but otherwise it is OFF. I program Auto Start/Stop top the Diamond button so I turn it ON when I need to Coast during daily drive on long stretches where it will Coast.

·
Registered
550 Posts
No such experience @n0blesse so I assume it is the following below:

You must have Gen 1 Macan since COBB only available for Gen 1 (2015 - 2018) so let's start there so others are not confused since Auto Start/Stop works differently with Gen 2 thinking it will always reset to ON on Restart, so:
For the record, Gen 2 Macans in the US default to "Last Mode" (so far).

·
Registered
191 Posts
If auto start stop isn't working that could possibly be your issue. I have a Cobb AP with the Stage 1 tune and haven't had any issues like what you describe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Charge your battery. I went through the same thing after I Cobb'd the ecu without hooking a charger up. Car demands a full charge to trigger start/stop and coast. After a few months I picked up the ctek charger and those features both came back the next day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts