Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MY18 Macan S with 2,400 miles. I started noticing that there is a squeal/noise coming from the engine bay as soon as I shut the engine off. I’m not sure if it’s been there since buying it brand new because it’s not audible inside the cabin when I shut the engine off. I just noticed it by chance when I had the door open one time during shut off. I included a clip of the noise. Anyone know what’s causing it? TIA

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spools down with the engine, highly doubt its linear motion (piston) so that leaves rotational. Belts bearing, valve train. Something on hr accessory case likely needs a shot of lube for starters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just came back from the dealership.....they said that it is the drive belt. Here’s what they said, “Found noise in similar vehicle, noise was found to be normal. Belt expands and contracts depending on the demand. Vehicle is operating to manufacture specs at this time.”

Should I be satisfied with this finding? I never had a car before that had a squeaking drive belt when the engine shuts off. Does anybody else experience this sound when they shut off their engine, and it’s really normal, like what they claim?

I would really appreciate other people’s opinion/experience. TIA

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dump some comet kitchen cleaner on the belt and pulley while it's running. clean it all up, used to stop squeaking on my 1986 Ford F-150 with the 4.9L inline 6. This is....basically the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts