Porsche Macan Forum banner
121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
966 Posts
Porsche dealers have a Porsche "approved" lubricant for this intermediate steering shaft.

Having Porsche replace the shaft (2nd time) under warranty & b4 installing it, lube the @#[email protected]&! out of it....worked for me.
My dealer is 2 hours away, so I figured the DIY solution was worth it. I think it's been about 9 months now with no squeak. If a yearly lube will keep it squeak free I can live with that. I also noticed it was more pronounced with the wheel at the top of the movement area. For a time I just dropped it down and had less squeak, but little noises like that drive me nuts. I had a squeaky tweeter cover in my BMW that I could never fix, ended up just pulling the cover off and tossing it in the glovebox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to forum. Thanks guys, this info about TSB's has definitely saved me some cash, time and annoyance!! SY 17/14 specifies how build dates before June 2, 2016 did not have an intermediate shaft with a felt ring. Therefore, they should be replaced without getting the run-around about trying lubrication first.

121 - 122 of 122 Posts