Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started couple weeks ago but I didn't have time to think much about it but now it is getting very annoying. Any thoughts on how to solve this and not having to take the car to the dealer? Just to clarify, breaks are fine and no noise at all. Just the pedal is noisy when pressed.

Reactions: springct

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
This started couple weeks ago but I didn't have time to think much about it but now it is getting very annoying. Any thoughts on how to solve this and not having to take the car to the dealer? Just to clarify, breaks are fine and no noise at all. Just the pedal is noisy when pressed.
You know I had this problem on my Macan S. The brakes were very squeaky for the first 5k or so and then the squeak died down. I thought it was just a break in period but the squeak came back and remained.

Since I picked up the GTS there has been no squeak at all. Solution - buy a GTS. :)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
@santastico could it be surface rust from humidity or after rain. I get that sometimes due to the rain. Hope you find out. It can be annoying.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Squeaking sound when pressing on brake pedal
Just to clarify, do you get the same squeaking sound when pressing the brake pedal while the car is stationary? If so, it's probably a bushing, loose bolt, or something in the pedal linkage.

If it does not squeak when the car is stopped and only when it is in motion, then another possibility is that the squeak is in the front suspension....which dives whenever the brakes are applied. With the car stopped, you could try bouncing the front end and see if you hear anything. I would recommend you lift the hood and press down on the body of the car, rather than pressing down on either the hood or bumper.

Either way, a trip to the dealership might be your best bet. Good luck tracking it down.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tks for your thoughts. It is not related to the suspension. It happens when you press the pedal and it comes from the pedal. If I touch the break pedal very lightly it squeaks. I will probably stop by at the dealer for them to take a look.

Just to clarify, do you get the same squeaking sound when pressing the brake pedal while the car is stationary? If so, it's probably a bushing, loose bolt, or something in the pedal linkage.

If it does not squeak when the car is stopped and only when it is in motion, then another possibility is that the squeak is in the front suspension....which dives whenever the brakes are applied. With the car stopped, you could try bouncing the front end and see if you hear anything. I would recommend you lift the hood and press down on the body of the car, rather than pressing down on either the hood or bumper.

Either way, a trip to the dealership might be your best bet. Good luck tracking it down.

Reactions: springct

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hope you get this resolved. Did you find any permanent solutions to your other rattle issues? I'm currently trying to fix mine.

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
You have to press the brake pedal harder. Light pressing causes pad vibration resulting in high pitched sound.

Reactions: Viperjoe

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. Hood rattle seems to be solved after they Porsche replaced both hinges that hold the hood.

Hope you get this resolved. Did you find any permanent solutions to your other rattle issues? I'm currently trying to fix mine.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Did you find answer to your brake squeak issue?

I have the same issue started few weeks ago, took it to the Porsche dealer but they said there is no issue with brake & they didn't hear any noise when they took it for a quick drive. After I took it back noise started again. Complained to Porsche so they asked me to go back in to fix it next week.
I told them it seems to be a known issue as I read few posts online but they said they don't know anything about this issue. Fingers crossed will get it fixed soon as it is pretty annoying.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brake seems to be quiet now. I didn't have time to take it to the dealer.

Hi,
Did you find answer to your brake squeak issue?

I have the same issue started few weeks ago, took it to the Porsche dealer but they said there is no issue with brake & they didn't hear any noise when they took it for a quick drive. After I took it back noise started again. Complained to Porsche so they asked me to go back in to fix it next week.
I told them it seems to be a known issue as I read few posts online but they said they don't know anything about this issue. Fingers crossed will get it fixed soon as it is pretty annoying.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I have this little mouse squeak now, hmmm. Anyone fixed this themselves? I know the dealer will look at my after market OSIR pedals and say they are the problem.....

·
Registered
774 Posts
I like the WD40 suggestion. My Tahoe did the same thing and a shot of WD 40 took care of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Brake Pedal "Click"

Hate to bump an old thread, but I've got a similar issue: When I press down on the brake pedal -- gently or firmly -- I get a "click" sound from the pedal when it's about half way down. It's coming from the pedal assembly itself, not the actual braking mechanism on the wheel. I tried applying a tiny bit of WD-40 to the spring behind the pedal, but that has not fixed the issue. Any ideas for self-help? I've been to the dealer with a couple of rattles/clicks in other areas, and they keep telling me "No fault code detected. Operating within normal parameters."

Car only has about 1200 miles on it -- just started a few days ago with no apparent change in circumstances.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Macan has developed the squeaky brake pedal issue now after 3 years. Has anyone received a fix from the dealer? I've tried spraying various parts of the linkage but the squeak still persists.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Macan has developed the squeaky brake pedal issue now after 3 years. Has anyone received a fix from the dealer? I've tried spraying various parts of the linkage but the squeak still persists.
The tech initially said it was an issue, so they took the car, gave me a loaner, etc. A few hours later, I was advised that this is "normal brake pedal operation." Not every Macan does it, but it's within normal operating parameters.

I explained that it hadn't made the noise for the first 5-6 months of driving, but was told there was nothing they could do about it.

That's the standard response to any squeaks, rattles, and clicks (of which I have identified a few to the dealership): No fault codes, normal operation for the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
My squeak is still there on Brake pedal depression. Next visit to the dealers I will mention it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My squeak is still there on Brake pedal depression. Next visit to the dealers I will mention it.
I'm due to take it in for the fuel flap recall campaign in the fall, and then again in the winter for the first service. I will mention it at one (or both) of those services and push them on it a bit.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If grease or WD40 doesn't fix a squeaky pedal I would have them inspect if the noise comes from the brake booster/master cylinder. Could be indicating seepage or a small leak in that area. If so you may want to have that fixed while still under warranty because that's an easy $2K repair job/part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same issue with my Macan S. I was told to hit the brakes really hard going over 60mph. That will get rid of all the build ups on the brake pads and the noise will go away. I did that and it worked for me. I was told by my dealer to not press the brakes as gently and to use the brakers harder.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts