Porsche Macan Forum banner

Sports Exhaust retrofit - Australia

11K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Jdidi 
#1 ·
Has anyone had the sports exhaust retrofitted on their Macan in Australia or at least received a quote ? I was wondering what the total price was.

#9 ·
Don’t buy the PSE unless you want a factory sports exhaust sound! I got it right now and it’s not quite loud enough.

I’ve managed to test a few exhausts here in the US and have to say buy the Remus if your looking for a nice throaty V8 sound!

The FabSpeed and AWE are okay but sound alittle Jap car sounding, unless you like that backfiring sound and cracks and pops. I almost brought the AWE but wasn’t completely sold.

iPE is okay but also alittle Jap sounding too

Akrapovic too expensive for what it’s worth

ArmyTrix - too raspy for my liking

FI - not a bad sounding exhaust

MagnaFlow - don’t know enough about it

Circuit Werks - cheap but nice tone exhaust off eBay. I was thinking about buying this but went PSE as buying off eBay I wasn’t sure about. Bit of a gamble.

Borla - Another cheap and smooth sounding exhaust off eBay. Not great quality I’m sure.

TechArt - my favourite exhaust from what I’ve heard online but alittle on the expensive side! This exhaust won’t disappoint in sure.

#8 ·
Basically by adding a soundaktor (speaker) on the firewall you will hear the beautiful sounds of the exhaust system! It’s not that loud but sounds better than the standard Macan S which has hardly no exhausy sound! The PSE also has twin activators (valves) that allows both mufflers to pass exhaust fumes and make sound, but mostly the soundaktor is what makes the exhaust apparent inside the cabin!

I’d be wasting my money on adding Sports Plus, Cobb Tune, and Turbo Smart Diverter Valves, also if you can afford some Alpha Performance downpipes or Intercoolers.... this thing will purr.

#5 ·
Mana and Sloth, after a bit of investigation it seems to be much more than just a valved exhaust system. I just had my first service and did not get the PSE installed as the workshop required more notice but will be doing a changeover in the not too distant future !

Attachments

#6 ·
Hey guys I’m an Aussie who lives in Los Angeles and recently retrofit the sports exhaust on my Macan S! I wasn’t going to pay $3200 USD for the exhaust kit plus $2000USD instal so being the Aussie I am decided to go out and source all the parts myself and save a few bucks!! Managed to buy the exhaust on eBay for $1400USD then a wiring harness for $50 to wire the twin vavles, a center console button for the PSE for $90 and soundaktor (sits in the engine bay) to induce the sound into the cabin... $90 bucks and a ECU to power that for around $140 on eBay then rang around and found a Porsche dealership in LA to wire it up for around $1000. Total spend approx $2700US. Saved around $3k

#13 ·
I don’t think so cause you need the wiring harness from the back of the exhaust to run through to the center console button then the center console button needs to run to the soundaktor which is part of one whole unit. I think without the all of the steps it won’t function properly. Would be nice though. It actually sounds better if you have or instal Sports Plus Mode.

#20 ·
Hello, I have a Fabspeed exhaust sitting in my garage which I bought and used once on my Macan Base model. It literally was installed in my Macan for a day and had to get it removed the next day.
Tool Bicycle part Wood Handheld power drill Gas

It sounds very good but my wife hates it so I had to remove it to keep her happy. We used to have the Borla on our Jeep SRT and she seemed not to mind it at all. Bought it direct from Fabspeed but has been no use for me so I can let it go as it is now useless for me and just sitting in the box it came in. Just message if interested to discuss.

Font Wood Signage Sign Poster
Tool Bicycle part Gas Pipe wrench Auto part
Wood Gas Cylinder Auto part Metal
Tool Gas Metalworking hand tool Automotive exterior Bumper
Textile Wood Bag Electric blue Door

#23 ·
I’ve got the Soul Performance
Porsche Macan 2.0T Resonated Muffler Bypass Exhaust - 4" Dual Wall Slash Cut Tips - in Signature Satin [POR.MAC2.MB.SLT.
Very keen to find a home for them with someone wanting to upgrade from the base exhaust. Any offers considered for them, postage will be the main issue to overcome.